News Bushfire T20 Showdown @ Adelaide Oval, Feb 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for clearing that up. 👍🏻

I didnt like it either, it was a bit over the top. I don't really mind when Brayshaw does it, but to have like six of them piling on - some of them complete spuds of the commentary world- is a bit much. 'His parents would be ashamed of him' isnt really banter.

Having said that- there's absolutely no way Tex would be upset with it. This is his ticket to the post footballing money club. Having a 'character' and a profile that the 'boys' can rip on and being matesey will probably guarantee him a post football commentating gig. That most of them are 50 year old men trying to banter like blokes in their 20s and that it's all a bit sad for them is immaterial.

I didnt like it either, it was a bit over the top. I don't really mind when Brayshaw does it, but to have like six of them piling on - some of them complete spuds of the commentary world- is a bit much. 'His parents would be ashamed of him' isnt really banter.

Having said that- there's absolutely no way Tex would be upset with it. This is his ticket to the post footballing money club. Having a 'character' and a profile that the 'boys' can rip on and being matesey will probably guarantee him a post football commentating gig. That most of them are 50 year old men trying to banter like blokes in their 20s and that it's all a bit sad for them is immaterial.

What's sadder (and entirely predictable) is Kane going hard on Tex on twitter early yet going absolutely dead silent when he started hitting sixes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back