News Bushfire T20 Showdown @ Adelaide Oval, Feb 2

Remove this Banner Ad

How would that work? Would he be bowling left handed? The game could be over in just his spell otherwise
I'd assume each team would have 4 actual cricket players and 7 football identities. Someone like Travis Head (maybe Salt, too?) should be able to carry the load for Port, just like Carey and Rashid would for us

Probably should pen this in as an annual event because unless climate change is a hoax we’ll be revisiting this situation from here on in I think.
Good causes usually come from bad tragedies. We are lucky to be in Australia, where public support of one another is great when tragedies occur.

Good causes usually come from bad tragedies. We are lucky to be in Australia, where public support of one another is great when tragedies occur.

living up here in Cairns I have a very small 90 m2 cheap rental that costs me nearly $3K per year to insure.
I know of Cairns property owners being quoted $10K premiums to insure $450K homes they became uninsured. It’s dropped back a bit now but still very expensive.
I have a house on Sunshine Coast 220m2 worth double the Cairns one costs $1200 to insure.
To me it seems that in future years bushfires will be far more likely and dangerous than cyclones. I wonder if massive increases in insurance premiums are now going to be seen in bushfire prone areas. To the point they become uninsured?

living up here in Cairns I have a very small 90 m2 cheap rental that costs me nearly $3K per year to insure.
I know of Cairns property owners being quoted $10K premiums to insure $450K homes they became uninsured. It’s dropped back a bit now but still very expensive.
I have a house on Sunshine Coast 220m2 worth double the Cairns one costs $1200 to insure.
To me it seems that in future years bushfires will be far more likely and dangerous than cyclones. I wonder if massive increases in insurance premiums are now going to be seen in bushfire prone areas. To the point they become uninsured?
Absolutely, will be like the Brisbane floods, my premium went through the roof after because I live near a creek in the foothills which has 0 chance of flooding, some companies wouldn’t even insure.

Probably should pen this in as an annual event because unless climate change is a hoax we’ll be revisiting this situation from here on in I think.

Don’t be too sure. Getting a lot of fuel load reducing burns done this season. I’d expect the next few years to be pretty tame, especially with the amount of $ ScoMo will throw around as well.

This is an interesting read. Much of Australia uninsurable within 30 years.

Great to see that the press release says that all money from ticketsales, food and beverage sales and sponsorship sales will go to the bushfire appeal.

Just hope that the whole stadium is open for everyone to sit in, e.g. Members stand. The Members have been terrible at attending the BBL for years, their turnout on NYE was pathetic, there would have been less than 4000 in the members area, and there wasn't a spare seat anywhere else in the stadium.

Great to see that the press release says that all money from ticketsales, food and beverage sales and sponsorship sales will go to the bushfire appeal.

Just hope that the whole stadium is open for everyone to sit in, e.g. Members stand. The Members have been terrible at attending the BBL for years, their turnout on NYE was pathetic, there would have been less than 4000 in the members area, and there wasn't a spare seat anywhere else in the stadium.

I think they mentioned in the press conference that the entire stadium would be general admission

"The Adelaide Football Club will join the Port Adelaide Football Club and some of cricket's biggest names to raise funds for the SA Bushfire Appeal in a special T20 cricket match at Adelaide Oval."

Not clear who those "cricket's biggest names" are but here's a photo with Travis Head

EN475AnUYAAwDhO
Do you always have to be a smart arse in every post?

Travis Head is a Port supporter, so I guess we'll need our own SA cricketer (if they are available to get involved)

Maybe Alex Carey or Kane Richardson
Rashid Khan is a Crows supporter... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be too sure. Getting a lot of fuel load reducing burns done this season. I’d expect the next few years to be pretty tame, especially with the amount of $ ScoMo will throw around as well.
I don’t know. Scomo came back to work and this was my dashboard driving back from Canberra to Sydney the other day. Don’t know why it’s sideways but it was 49°, that be the problem. I got out the car to take a leak and it felt like everything would spontaneously combust if I talked loudly. This long dry periods will cause constant bad fire issues now. There’s way too much wilderness to control by fuel reduction burns. 6991F741-9244-4C79-8EF1-FD96886C1F0E.jpeg

I don’t know. Scomo came back to work and this was my dashboard driving back from Canberra to Sydney the other day. Don’t know why it’s sideways but it was 49°, that be the problem. I got out the car to take a leak and it felt like everything would spontaneously combust if I talked loudly. This long dry periods will cause constant bad fire issues now. There’s way too much wilderness to control by fuel reduction burns.View attachment 804661
Landcruiser dash?

I believe he is still in the country commentating. Surely the club would approach him wouldn't they.

Would love to know the story behind Vaughn supporting the Crows. I remember there was a rumour he was going to come to the Redbacks but I don't think it went beyond that. He was at Yorkshire with Lehmann so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

Would love to know the story behind Vaughn supporting the Crows. I remember there was a rumour he was going to come to the Redbacks but I don't think it went beyond that. He was at Yorkshire with Lehmann so I'm guessing that might have something to do with it.

No idea, but surely if they want cricketers involved, then they would give him a call

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know. Scomo came back to work and this was my dashboard driving back from Canberra to Sydney the other day. Don’t know why it’s sideways but it was 49°, that be the problem. I got out the car to take a leak and it felt like everything would spontaneously combust if I talked loudly. This long dry periods will cause constant bad fire issues now. There’s way too much wilderness to control by fuel reduction burns.View attachment 804661

My VW had us at 47.5 degrees at about 6pm the other day. But I don’t think we had a day that actually got that high. I don’t think they’re all that accurate. Or they pick up heat from the road or the car. I was told it’s taken about 3 feet from the dash. But I wonder given how high the readings seem to get.

It’ll be tame because so much will have burned this season and bucket loads will be spent. That’s what my money is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back