Bushfires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we or the world have enough water dropping planes/Helicopters? Seems to be a lot of fighter jets but how many "elvis" thingys are available, maybe we should build more.
When was the last time the army bought a fleet of aircraft that wasn't complete junk? Give that money to the fireys and they'll do something good with it. Don't know why we need fighter aircraft anyway. If China or Indonesia invade they have as many aircraft as we have people.

Maybe its time to bring in the dole bludgers and illegals currently doing nothing but drinking and smoking their welfare payments, "invite" them to come and assist whether its to fight fires or help at support centres or cut off their welfare payments.
You'll get raided by the Feds if you keep leaking cabinet meeting minutes

Maybe its time to bring in the dole bludgers and illegals currently doing nothing but drinking and smoking their welfare payments, "invite" them to come and assist whether its to fight fires or help at support centres or cut off their welfare payments.
Lol. Stupid on so many levels. Ignoring the sole bludger lies, the CFA and MFB don't want people who aren't trained and very physically capable. They just get in the way and make the job harder and more dangerous.

Interesting fire map.
If you look at it as a whole it appears the country is burning, media alert, but if you enlarge it clearly shows nothing but spot fires.

Excluding a smaller patched area west of Port Macquarie, a cluster west Newcastle, the biggest area is a triangle from Nowra (just below Wollongong) to Bright to lakes Entrance.

As devistating as the crisis is, the country is NOT on fire.
Which is why I hate that map which shows all the fires in Australia. The one with all the red dots. A spot fire in the outback is of no concern of anyone and happens all the time.

There are fires and there are the fires which are hitting NSW/SA/Vic.

This is whats wrong with Australia. We have always had terrible fires, but we would stick fat and pull together.
Now, this disaster is used as a tool to push political or ideological agenda's.
Disgusting.

Yeah it's frankly disgusting that Morrison is making this a tool for his political agenda.

These massive bush fires are horrendous, unprecedented, a hot terror ravaging too much of our nation.

But I do not think, sincerely, the climate change debate, in this moment, not in this terrible moment, is the way to deal with it.

That issue is a long term one and I reckon no one knows the real solution to it because it is complicated and political treaties and promises have ever failed and people in India and China want to have better lives and cheap energy is required for that and it is all complicated.

Right now, in the burning moment, Australia should pull together and do everything we can to help those fleeing these fires or those who have lost everything in the ashes.

We need to pull together and deal with the immediate emergency and save lives.

We need to hold the hands, help the hearts of those who have lost loved ones.

The military needs to be called in, not just a few ships but every resource the Australian military can offer.

Every resource our military can offer.

We need to save every animal we can too.

This is a fire storm like no other, we need to pull together and help each other.

We can debate climate change tomorrow, and I believe it is happening, or we can debate it the next day, but....

right now lets just focus on saving Aussie lives.
tmp_25617-3l7r1p4173281429292012806.jpg

Lol. Stupid on so many levels. Ignoring the sole bludger lies, the CFA and MFB don't want people who aren't trained and very physically capable. They just get in the way and make the job harder and more dangerous.

As I said, they could also help in refuge centres, unless they aren't smart enough to serve food or soup, just make them work for the free money the government gives them.

Fires in Australia aren't unprecedented.

The longer an area goes without a fire the closer it gets to having one in logical terms.

The reason the Navy are involved is due to geographical location. Have you seen how much national park forest surrounds Mallacoota?

It's all about location, location, location.

i dont know much about fire and wasnt trying to be a smart ass

however you blokes saying go and fight the fires - i am unsure how you expect the average person to do this

As I said, they could also help in refuge centres, unless they aren't smart enough to serve food or soup, just make them work for the free money the government gives them.

isnt the hume closed? how do people get to the fire zones?

is it even safe?

do the authorities want people with little to no idea turning up to help? more mouths to feed, more people potentially in danger etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oooooh, nice conflation

or get slaves prisoners to fight the fires like the americans do with their private prison system

No prevention could have stopped any of this. So sick of the w***ers on social media running their mouths.

That's untrue we could have limited the damage with better planing.

To say nothing could have been done is just a cop out like anything in life things can be done better.

No prevention could have stopped any of this. So sick of the w***ers on social media running their mouths.
Utter horseshit.

No prevention could have stopped ANY of it? Did you really just type this?

Proper levels of FR would have greatly reduced the intensity greatly, the fires would not have grown anywhere near as quickly.

******* wow.

Utter horseshit.

No prevention could have stopped ANY of it? Did you really just type this?

Proper levels of FR would have greatly reduced the intensity greatly, the fires would not have grown anywhere near as quickly.

******* wow.

I wonder how many of these stupid comments we see are based on the political party people follow?

I have no idea why people are so brain washed by the parties they really are all s**t everyone of them.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these stupid comments we see are based on the political party people follow?

I have no idea why people are so brain washed by the parties they really are all s**t everyone of them.

It can be both sides of the ideology which can be true, more backburning and action on climate change are required (re renewables)

i dont know much about fire and wasnt trying to be a smart ass

however you blokes saying go and fight the fires - i am unsure how you expect the average person to do this

You don’t fight them in the forest, you wait till they get out into grasslands where they are a lower intensity.

Most fire fighting in a bushfire is solely asset protection. Sit at someone’s house and make sure their house doesn’t burn down then move to the next.

If the house is too close to the bush, i.e not cleared around the property then it’s left to burn.

When was the last time the army bought a fleet of aircraft that wasn't complete junk? Give that money to the fireys and they'll do something good with it. Don't know why we need fighter aircraft anyway. If China or Indonesia invade they have as many aircraft as we have people.

China you might be right but you can scratch Indonesia, they only have the capability to invade their own small islands.

You don’t fight them in the forest, you wait till they get out into grasslands where they are a lower intensity.

Most fire fighting in a bushfire is solely asset protection. Sit at someone’s house and make sure their house doesn’t burn down then move to the next.

If the house is too close to the bush, i.e not cleared around the property then it’s left to burn.
Asset protection disgusts me (outside of major infrastructure or the like). Risking someone else's life to protect your stuff. If it's that valuable, insure it. Especially when you know you live in a disaster prone area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back