Remove this Banner Ad

Frodo

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Perth, Western Australia.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth pulverised West Perth today with an awesome display led by Josh Wooden, Dean Buszan, Jeremy Humm, Callum Chambers and Dean Cox. Wooden was exceptional playing hard footy on the ball along with Humm, and Chambers providing superb run through. All three should be certainties for the Brisbane match based on this display. Buszan, once elevated from the rookie list is going to be tremendous. He reminds me of Ben Cousins three years ago only bigger and stronger.
Cox played well but lacks endurance and a strong mark. Nonetheless the Eagles played their best footy this year with Cox and Gardy in tandem. Munro looked skillful but afraid of being bumped, he needs to put weight on. Turnbull looked reasonable, in fact so much so that he surely is a better choice than some of the poor attitude players in the Eagles team at present.

Frodo - I saw the game on TV today and I was impressed with Cox, Wooden (it must be a first!) but mainly Callum Chambers and the way he was able to receive the ball and make good use out of it. While Buszan did kick 9 goals, around 3 of them were from free kicks/50 meter penalties... "gimmes" and he did kick a point from 15 meters out in front in the 2nd quarter. Still he did a good job, he went in for the second efforts, lead well and presented himself to the midfielders. If any of the rookies are going to be promoted this year I'd say he'd be the best chance.

Anyone know how Miller and Macarrey went for East Freo today?

We got absolutely belted in the middle against the Blues so a reshape of the onballers will have to be done for this weekends game against the Lions.

With no Kemp or Banfield i think we should have Kerr and Cousins on the ball with Wooden and Chambers both in maybe for Fletcher. Braun looks ok and given time he will find form again. He hasnt played much at all in the past year so give him a break.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back