List Mgmt. Butcher, Mitchell & Colquhoun delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The people calling 'ruthless' and 'making the tough calls' baffle me.

What more can be done a week out from the first final? We are a solid month and a half out from the trade period. All this tells us is that the three that have been delisted had zero outside interest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thank you Kane Mitchell for always giving your all despite limited abilities and being a great personality around the club.

Hoon, I liked you but that ACL pre-2014 really buggered you :( thanks for having a crack at that squib Bryce Gibbs on Twitter ;) he might get stuck into you now that you're gone but f**k him!

Butch...sorry you didn't get much more opportunity but thank you for giving us fans so much excitement at the end of our worst ever season. That bag of 6 against the Dogs and 4 against Essendon, and that clutch goal against GWS in 2015!

Buddha, thanks for getting our SANFL side to a GF in 2014 and coaching us at the end of 2012. You really deserved a win in that drawn game against Richmond at the MCG.

All the best to the four of them!

All 3 played well and with heart in our recent win over Norwood. Contrast significantly in my eyes with the late season efforts of Moore, Harvey etc in 2014 when it was like we were playing with 80% of a team in the SNAFL GF.

Last edited:

AlbertonBloke

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thanks for your service and dedication Mitch,Hoon and Big Butch. I wish these blokes all the best. I dare say we are in for a couple of surprises yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The surprise is that P Stewart and C O'Shea have avoided the cull...thoughts on any other surprises regarding retained players?
I think Stewart will get another year on the main list and O'Shea will be traded.

FranKenHinckley

Senior List
Apr 4, 2016
Fuentes, Spain
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The people calling 'ruthless' and 'making the tough calls' baffle me.

What more can be done a week out from the first final? We are a solid month and a half out from the trade period. All this tells us is that the three that have been delisted had zero outside interest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
.8 clubs still playing.

.lose a forward to a season ending knee and he looks more interesting.

No idea what to gain by a delist before trade week

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't care what anyone says, Butcher's delisting is the wrong decision.

We have a KPF cupboard that's barer than Baloo, he showed good form kicking multiple goals on mulitple occasions and he's finally getting his kicking to a respectable level.

If Dixon goes down we're screwed. Just like this year when we went light in the ruck department and opened ourselves up to the WADA drama.

And even if we have someone else lined up we couldn't find a more bang for your buck insurance policy than John even if we tried.

Have we learned nothing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back