Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I don't care what anyone says, Butcher's delisting is the wrong decision.

We have a KPF cupboard that's barer than Baloo, he showed good form kicking multiple goals on mulitple occasions and he's finally getting his kicking to a respectable level.

If Dixon goes down we're screwed. Just like this year when we went light in the ruck department and opened ourselves up to the WADA drama.

And even if we have someone else lined up we couldn't find a more bang for your buck insurance policy than John even if we tried.

Have we learned nothing?
Yep. If this years list management decisions around the ruck position didnt teach the club anything then we've got to be seriously worried about the vision of the decision makers in our club.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Crikey, fair to say Hart received a genuine demotion and has probably only been saved by his contract.

No surprises in the delistings, second round will be more interesting.

Hartlett is going nowhere.

Another point. Hoon being delisted, shows me how wrong I was (and more importantly the club was) when they refused to accept the pick in the 30s North offered us for Jacobs, given Hoon was our final selection, after passing pat pick 82.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Can i ask what happened with Colquhoun?

Showed some real promise early on.
To be honest no one knows what happened this year. Was fantastic in several SANFL games but was not really ever considered for selection. May be some other issues like attitude or ability to follow instructions that are a problem.

If we get Vickery I'd seriously think about not renewing my membership for next season.

No offence bro but please **** off if thats all it takes.

We are a community football club and our history is built on being a club that is bigger than the individual.

We are Port Adelaide

We are Fos Williams

We are the great A.R. McLean.

We are Russell Ebert and John Cahill and Geof Motley and every single one of our boys and men that have represented this club Since 1870 and we are Von Williams and Gaynor Motley and the late Mrs McLean and all the women that have worked at the club and supported husbands, partners, sons, nephews etc and we are the club that makes decisions based on winning premierships.

If we trade for Ty Vickery or Travis Cloke I'll be surprised and maybe a bit disappointed but despite that and the fact we have been poo onfield for two years I won't give up.

Untitled.png

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we get Vickery I'd seriously think about not renewing my membership for next season.

Just contemplate for a moment the abstract horror of the Twin Peaks, Vickery and Westhoff, meandering down centre wing in a perfectly synchronized complacency, like two melancholic giraffes loping at half-speed through a giant vat of maple syrup.

If you dare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
To be honest no one knows what happened this year. Was fantastic in several SANFL games but was not really ever considered for selection. May be some other issues like attitude or ability to follow instructions that are a problem.
Found plenty of the ball but his disposal was always suspect. He also lacked speed and never seem to put on any size.

Another point. Hoon being delisted, shows me how wrong I was (and more importantly the club was) when they refused to accept the pick in the 30s North offered us for Jacobs, given Hoon was our final selection, after passing pat pick 82.
Yeah but that analysis is devoid of the emotion and machismo involved in these decisions. Try grasping your scrotum with your right hand and then simultaneously thrusting your hips forward and shouting "Your mother!" while typing that. It can't be done and there's a reason for that.

I could be wrong but I reckon the club planned to draft Hoon with that pick anyway had we accepted North's offer.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How many years does he need? If he was up to it he'd be selecting himself but he very rarely made it impossible not to pick him.

I feel for the guy but he isn't AFL standard.

when schulz went down this year he should have been in the team. no ifs no butts. the lack of confidence in playing talls is a joke

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
I like Butcher the cult hero, but yeah, he's had 7 years on the list. Turn it over.

Colquhoun and Mitchell have played good games for us, and were part of the 2013 resurgence, but neither player can be in your top 30 if you want to be a premiership contender. And I think that's being generous.

These were just the obvious ones, I'd like to see further deep cuts.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
No offence bro but please **** off if thats all it takes.

We are a community football club and our history is built on being a club that is bigger than the individual.

We are Port Adelaide

We are Fos Williams

We are the great A.R. McLean.

We are Russell Ebert and John Cahill and Geof Motley and every single one of our boys and men that have represented this club Since 1870 and we are Von Williams and Gaynor Motley and the late Mrs McLean and all the women that have worked at the club and supported husbands, partners, sons, nephews etc and we are the club that makes decisions based on winning premierships.

If we trade for Ty Vickery or Travis Cloke I'll be surprised and maybe a bit disappointed but despite that and the fact we have been poo onfield for two years I won't give up.

I'm sort of shocked at the serious nature of this post.

Yeah but that analysis is devoid of the emotion and machismo involved in these decisions. Try grasping your scrotum with your right hand and then simultaneously thrusting your hips forward and shouting "Your mother!" while typing that. It can't be done and there's a reason for that.

Luckily I'm left handed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back