List Mgmt. Butcher, Mitchell & Colquhoun delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs always say that though.

Yeah it's hard to tell how honest the club was being but I reckon it's not too far fetched as Hoon was rated in the 30s and a few were surprised he wasn't drafted at all.

Peck

Todd Marshall fan
10k Posts
Jul 30, 2009
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Left is Best
Not sure why any of these three were even on the playing list this year.

Butcher wasn’t really given a proper chance, Kane Mitchell improved on last year, and Sam Colquhoun wasn’t remotely given a chance. I understand they should still be delisted, but ffs there better be more delistings to come, enough of this wait one year extra just to make sure we don’t have to make a hard decision bullshit.

If we keep Toumpas, Ah Chee, O’Shea, and Jake Neade with no intention of giving them games next year I’ll be super pissed. Not to mention I’m already pissed Stewart hasn’t been announced as delisted.

Finally I want to see a pragmatic approach at the trade table this year. Spending two weeks arguing instead of taking a sub par deal and moving onto other things has hurt us way too many times.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
No offence bro but please **** off if thats all it takes.

We are a community football club and our history is built on being a club that is bigger than the individual.

We are Port Adelaide

We are Fos Williams

We are the great A.R. McLean.

We are Russell Ebert and John Cahill and Geof Motley and every single one of our boys and men that have represented this club Since 1870 and we are Von Williams and Gaynor Motley and the late Mrs McLean and all the women that have worked at the club and supported husbands, partners, sons, nephews etc and we are the club that makes decisions based on winning premierships.

If we trade for Ty Vickery or Travis Cloke I'll be surprised and maybe a bit disappointed but despite that and the fact we have been poo onfield for two years I won't give up.

If we're gonna get Vickery, then we're not serious about properly building this list into at least a finals contender.

I'd much rather get a kid from the Giants than that sack of spuds, then there his discipline issues as well.
but lots of water to go under the bridge yet and hopefully the right decision is made for the better. Hopefully common sense prevails between now and when trade week starts.

I'm sort of shocked at the serious nature of this post.

Yeah probably.

But...

That whole I really loved that guy stuff? My childhood hero the guy that I would literally shake in my boots being in the same room as "Russell Ebert" was sacked by our club. I can remember being shocked but thinking Port Adelaide know what they are doing. They always have. Now LFC2010 might have been a bit light hearted and it's an emotional time of the year but anyone that threatens to abandon their membership or the club over a player can seriously eabd.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

Butcher wasn’t really given a proper chance, Kane Mitchell improved on last year, and Sam Colquhoun wasn’t remotely given a chance. I understand they should still be delisted, but ffs there better be more delistings to come, enough of this wait one year extra just to make sure we don’t have to make a hard decision bullshit.

If we keep Toumpas, Ah Chee, O’Shea, and Jake Neade with no intention of giving them games next year I’ll be super pissed. Not to mention I’m already pissed Stewart hasn’t been announced as delisted.

Finally I want to see a pragmatic approach at the trade table this year. Spending two weeks arguing instead of taking a sub par deal and moving onto other things has hurt us way too many times.

This.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like Butcher the cult hero, but yeah, he's had 7 years on the list. Turn it over.

Colquhoun and Mitchell have played good games for us, and were part of the 2013 resurgence, but neither player can be in your top 30 if you want to be a premiership contender. And I think that's being generous.

These were just the obvious ones, I'd like to see further deep cuts.

i agree but if again next year no ones next to dixon? howard acl, guess vickery and spud dawes are a step up :s lol

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
So our forward stocks are
Dixon (ongoing questionable form injury issues)
Ryder (but he's no. 1 ruck!?)
Doogs (injured for most of next year)
Westhoff (not a forward)
Frampton (yet to debut)

So all this tells me is that they are sticking with Lobbe as #1 ruck, welcome to 2015? Or our forward line is Sir-Drops-a-Lot and his midget crew.

Whereas we could get trade value in Westhoff and / Lobbe (even for a packet of twisties) and at the very least Butcher can take a mark, something Dixon doesn't have.

I am sad

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Untitled.png

Great post from Lisa imo

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Up to 3 rookies can be retained for up to 3 years, I suspect that will save Krak - can't see us upgrading him to the senior list.

Neade and Toumpas are contracted so they'll be with us anyway in 2017. Neade will be handy depth but I'm not sure on Toump, he's an upgrade on Hoon but probably not enough of an upgrade.

We may keep one or both of Arch and O'Shea depending on how successful or not we are during trade period. I'm expecting Arch to be traded to Gold Coast, they're after players and he has enough weapons for a second club to give him a go, especially with Arch Jr there.

Up to 3 rookies can be retained for up to 3 years, I suspect that will save Krak - can't see us upgrading him to the senior list.
He's in our best 22. I reckon he'll get upgraded because we could go with 40 on the main list and 4 rookies instead of 39 and 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can i ask what happened with Colquhoun?

Showed some real promise early on.
Same as all 3 of these delistees, had reasonable though gradually decreasing opportunities due to poor performance in AFL games. Hoon was a turnover king at AFL level. Fast, worked hard, gave it over to the opposition far too frequently. Frustrating when he worked pretty well under what looked like identical pressure in Maggies' games. Again you can say that of all 3.

KenOath

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All pretty obvious decisions...disagree with the Butcher call but has been coming for a long time so was braced for it!

The really concerning thing is that Stewart isn't on that list...surely we won't hang onto him and he would have absolutely zero trade value!?

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I feel for Kane Mitchell. I don't think he is genuine AFL talent but I have full respect for him, he has extracted every ounce of ability out of himself.

I'm not sure if another club can rookie him but if they can, I suspect someone will pick him up for squad depth.

If not, would love to find a role for him at the club.

Aug 31, 2010
Port Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
No offence bro but please **** off if thats all it takes.

We are a community football club and our history is built on being a club that is bigger than the individual.

We are Port Adelaide

We are Fos Williams

We are the great A.R. McLean.

We are Russell Ebert and John Cahill and Geof Motley and every single one of our boys and men that have represented this club Since 1870 and we are Von Williams and Gaynor Motley and the late Mrs McLean and all the women that have worked at the club and supported husbands, partners, sons, nephews etc and we are the club that makes decisions based on winning premierships.

If we trade for Ty Vickery or Travis Cloke I'll be surprised and maybe a bit disappointed but despite that and the fact we have been poo onfield for two years I won't give up.
My god........this is why i enjoy banter with Port people that really are Port people. Beer for you Dingle boy. Amazing post. Thats another beer i owe its now up to six thousand and twenty.

I feel for Kane Mitchell. I don't think he is genuine AFL talent but I have full respect for him, he has extracted every ounce of ability out of himself.

I'm not sure if another club can rookie him but if they can, I suspect someone will pick him up for squad depth.

If not, would love to find a role for him at the club.

Yeah, this. Full credit to Kane. He got every bit out of himself and seemed to have great fun doing it. Played some ripper games against great opposition.

Like it or not, Vickery will be an upgrade on Butcher.
Recent Vickery looks OK (FWIW I do not want him) but many Richmond fans hate him. Walking from AO after our game against them this year I was next to some Richmond fans and their measure discussion about him has made me view him much more negatively.

Surely the first time in AFL history that a player has been delisted two games after a 20 & 4?

Well, at least we still have all those other key forwards on the list, Glass Ankles, Glass Knees, and no-one.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like it or not, Vickery will be an upgrade on Butcher.
Vickery will stay in Melbourne I reckon but I agree & at a decent club he'd be a pretty useful player IMO, Hawthorn are into him by all reports.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Geez man, forget about Vickery - he was borderline 22 at Richmond at various stages this year, such a vanilla forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back