Status
Not open for further replies.

itisnt2hard

Cancelled
Aug 8, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
OK, any one that knows anything about football must agree by now. Get Butch out of the forward line. He isnt a contested one on one mark, never has been and never will be. Once again in a make or break game he was our forward line spectator. We cant keep persisting with this but we can keep persisting with Butch. get him up the ground and let him make space. This is his game. How well did Robbie play today closer to goal. Got bagged for it but this is Robbies go and this is Butches go moving forward. Float Butch between CHB and CHF, unleash Westoff and Monfries in the role and we have a potent forward line. It just makes sense.

I think he needs a lot of time from the coaches to make it TBH. Has the tools, but was anonymous today.

I don't really care about anything right now though, I am just happy.

Where was talia today should be the question. Schulz dominated rutten. Hes there for pressure and structure. Enjoy the win man.

No, keep him in. The forward line is still getting used to playing together & Butch needs time to learn. This must be the most games he's played without being dropped/injured in forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIT: People who don't understand that if Butcher plays elsewhere, it means that there isn't the space for guys like Wingard and Gray to do what they do best.

Kicked a goal, pressured another for the team and handed 1 off I think

Thought he played well today
My point exactly. If people think he did enough today then in peoples eyes he needs to do little more. Wrong. Butch has alot more to offer than what we have seen over the last few weeks. He isnt a work in progress any more as he has already been well schooled and came to the club with very well earned credentials. Butch would not be happy with his own efforts today so defend away. Bloke can play but next years whipping boy i feel if not given the chance further up field.

It is very clear that Butcher has to improve i would hate to think that he wont.
AFL sides cannot afford people just making up the numbers and providing just structure they need potency up forward and people who can kick multiple goals.
Would be nice if Butcher does improve, if he dosent move him on!

It is very clear that Butcher has to improve i would hate to think that he wont.
AFL sides cannot afford people just making up the numbers and providing just structure they need potency up forward and people who can kick multiple goals.
Would be nice if Butcher does improve, if he dosent move him on!
The move to put Lobbe forward in the last quarter seals the deal that we didnt have a tall target. Kenny addressed that to best available. Shultz (luv his tank) was to busy working up the groung providing a target for us. quality arguements against along the lines of LOL are just so full of merit and credibility. Not.

Was awful today. I don't know what happened to the contested marking machine we saw in the U18s and his first couple of years at the club, but he cant outbody an opponent and cant take a grab to save himself. Just needs a big pre season to work on his core strength through the hips and torso and hopefully that gives him enough weight and strength to start holding his own in one on one contests - because I don't think hes won a 1on1 contest all year

Was awful today. I don't know what happened to the contested marking machine we saw in the U18s and his first couple of years at the club, but he cant outbody an opponent and cant take a grab to save himself. Just needs a big pre season to work on his core strength through the hips and torso and hopefully that gives him enough weight and strength to start holding his own in one on one contests - because I don't think hes won a 1on1 contest all year
He can play Macca that is the most frustrating thing. I saw plenty of him early on and the only negative was he has always been easily put off his game. But he is quick and he competes better at ground level or on the lead than what he has ever done one on one deep forward. He was the Jay Shultz in his younger years and alot of people overlooked his F*** ups as his good always out weighed his bad. But at afl level he is never going to be a key forward as he has boots made of concrete and very predictable. But as i said this bloke can play but if we persist as a key forward it is going to end in tears. Experiment and reap the rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back