Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Close thread. Delist. All the best for the future butch.

He's there to kick goals ffs. No attempt to present. He's useless.

Like I said. Biggest anticlimactic thread ever. Not AFL quality. Move on..

6 days later

Butcher does some weird s**t that you normally don't see at this level but at the end of the day his pros outweigh his cons. Love to see him do something like that against a defense that is of AFL standard. Great signs tonight though.

He looks like Jesus here.

**** me you got some real bi-polar s**t going on.

6 days later

**** me you got some real bi-polar s**t going on.

He's always looked like Jesus and he still continues to do weird s**t at any level of football. Lets just wait to see him produce those sort of efforts against a AFL standard side. Lets be honest. Brisbane defense is as good as Sturts. Both Jay and Charlie would of kick 7 goals

Lets just wait to see him produce those sort of efforts against a AFL standard side. Lets be honest. Brisbane defense is as good as Sturts. Both Jay and Charlie would of kick 7 goals

Horrible logic. Jeremy Cameron had less touches, less marks, less goals and less scoring attempts against the Lions two weeks ago than Butch did last night. The week before that, Tom Lynch (Suns) booted 5 straight but didn't touch the leather anywhere near as much as Johnny did nor have as much of an influence around the ground. Yes, Brisbane are a woeful side and Butch is perennially inconsistent (which the club can shoulder most of the blame for, imo), but tonight he put in a performance on par with the best KPFs in the game.

For perspective: in four years at the club, Kane Mitchell has played more games for us than Butch has in his entire career, yet has not played a single game where his output was even remotely close to that of Butcher's tonight.

Using AFL games as a relative estimate of experience, John is still a second-year player. If a legitimate, 20-year-old, second-year player had put in a performance like that, people on here would be losing their ******* minds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't underestimate John being in the magpies has helped him get to this point. People who think the club has killed his career, please, I think this year has helped him no end being in the seconds, getting his kicking sorted etc, we all now he is a great competitor, he just needs to play team footy - he isn't a Chad. I rate Butch and his work ethic, he's tall and can take a great mark, there were far more players coughing up points last night than him. Bass just needs to become his guide, I truly believe the longer Bass stays the better we will become, why do you think KT got hi there. Butch Dixon in the forward line is a great thought. Well done Butch, hope the future has a future.

Ironically this game has turned me off. I think it was the mistakes early. I was a bigger fan BEFORE this game.

However, surely it's enough to get another year. It's not as if we are over burdened with options and he clearly has AFL standard (near the lower end) ability.

Minimum contract....one more year.

Well said PowerBaz . All this talk of ruining his career and the horrible decisions made by the coaching group is ill-informed. I doubt Butch has played a game this good for the Magpies. The goals were a bonus but he was involved and competitive all night, crashing packs, attracting a defender, getting up and down the ground. That's what he needed to show for 120 minutes each week in the sanfl to get selected and what - for a long time - was missing.

Now he just has to bring that level of intensity every week, something his more vaunted team mates have struggled with.

We need to keep one of Jay or John next season. Jay is and has been a better player, however he's probably done or one year left in him at the most so Butch is the logical choice. Good game from Johnny last night but like most looking forward to the next few games to see how he goes.

I loved how the commentators got behind him last night after basically laughing at him early on and using his last name against him. In the end they made some really good calls about the way he plays. The comparison to a player like Cloke is an interesting one - they both mark strongly but struggle to kick straight from set shots, except that John would be on about an eighth of his paypacket.

John Butcher > Travis Cloke

I loved how the commentators got behind him last night after basically laughing at him early on and using his last name against him. In the end they made some really good calls about the way he plays. The comparison to a player like Cloke is an interesting one - they both mark strongly but struggle to kick straight from set shots, except that John would be on about an eighth of his paypacket.
I didn't like Bazza's interview after the game with Jacko about Johnny. "Did you teach him to kick?". He was having a laugh but it was in poor taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back