Opinion Butcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys sorry for the intrusion on a day of mixed emotions for both our clubs.
What's his field kicking like?
Was he tried at CHB and if so, how did that go?

Butcher's field kicking is better than his goal kicking, he has played in defence a little and gone ok but he's a natural KPF, can't see him switching back permanently.

On this thread

My great great great grandchildren will only receive my inheritance on the condition that they each post in this thread once per day about how hard done by Butcher was.

This is a very sad day. Even though we knew this was coming sooner rather than later, it doesn't make it much easier to take.

I'm feeling a lot of things but above all I feel cheated. I feel like we have been cheated of the chance to see a potentially great player develop and realise his potential as a key player at our football club. I feel like John himself has been cheated of the chance to represent a club he grew to love and which grew to love him. I feel like John's career was sabotaged by a coach who refused to believe in him and chose to give opportunity to players who could offer more in the short term but who had far more limited potential than John. I feel like a player who showed so much faith in our club at its lowest point was shown no faith in return, left to rot on the vine despite all that he had promised to become.

Hopefully he finds a new AFL club and resurrects his career. I wish him all the best and will remember his special contribution to our club fondly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was hoping we would retain him writing was on the wall.

I hope he gets picked up.

To all the lads thanks for your service.

View attachment 283168

Absolutely filthy

RIP, his only crime was to be too perfect in this imperfect world

I can only hope he gets another chance elsewhere to realise his potential

exit-pursued-by-a-bear.jpg

Just read a tweet which says there is no longer any player in the AFL named "John" now that butch has been delisted ... Is that a piss take ... I can't think of one tho ...

The last Johican.

I'll get my coat.

This is a very sad day. Even though we knew this was coming sooner rather than later, it doesn't make it much easier to take.

I'm feeling a lot of things but above all I feel cheated. I feel like we have been cheated of the chance to see a potentially great player develop and realise his potential as a key player at our football club. I feel like John himself has been cheated of the chance to represent a club he grew to love and which grew to love him. I feel like John's career was sabotaged by a coach who refused to believe in him and chose to give opportunity to players who could offer more in the short term but who had far more limited potential than John. I feel like a player who showed so much faith in our club at its lowest point was shown no faith in return, left to rot on the vine despite all that he had promised to become.

Hopefully he finds a new AFL club and resurrects his career. I wish him all the best and will remember his special contribution to our club fondly.

This!

Such a shame.

Such a waste.

I thought the Salopek saga was bad but it pales in comparison to Butch.

arhh so disappointed.

At least I have my LifeSize vinyl wall decal of butch to get me through next winter. I have it on the ceiling and secretly hope it falls on me during the night.

Just read a tweet which says there is no longer any player in the AFL named "John" now that butch has been delisted ... Is that a piss take ... I can't think of one tho ...
The only one I can remember is J-Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back