Buy a poker set!

waspy

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I picked up a set of chips with dice and 2 packs of cards for $70. There's 500 chips and they're good quality. Got it from K-Mart. I recommend buying your own set if you don't already, it's awesome! Plus, its the kind of thing that you can dig up every now and then and play in a few years time.

Crosby87

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 8, 2005
Not the Rugby board
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I picked up a $150 worth chip set for $80 on E-bay about a year ago, before the poker craze hit. Yep, I had to go online to order mine...

Now I walk through every mall and see them. I was considering buying a table for $300, but I could build one for less.

Though, I don't really play with them much anymore. The guys I used to play with aren't very good at all. But, they're always good to use for chip-shuffling beside the computer during online play ;)

choc_a_holic

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2004
Adelaide
Other Teams
Geelong/Mavs
You can get sets for like $20 with maybe around 250 chips, blinds buttons, dealer button, cloth and deck. If that isn't enough chips, just buy extras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borgsta

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Melb.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Orlando
Crosby87 said:
I picked up a $150 worth chip set for $80 on E-bay about a year ago, before the poker craze hit. Yep, I had to go online to order mine...
I had to get a mate to bring me back a set from Vegas as I didnt have a credit card at the time :eek:

Smoooothy

TAKE THAT BACK!!
Jan 12, 2005
Brunswick
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide; ConeyIslandWarriors
got mine from thepokerchipco.com

cost about 100 for my 750 chip set. was also able to choose how many of each chip i wanted, (which included all the standard colours as well as orange and purple)

recommend them!! :thumbsu:

Daniel138

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great Fun!

I got mine from eBay a while back, paid close to $30....but now you find that u can get em at places like The Warehouse and The Reject Shop for $10-$15.
Looking forward to taking my set on schoolies for countless hours of fun.

I also recommend strongly that you get a Card Shuffler...nothing worse then having to shuffle a deck of cards after a few beers :D

sante

Premium Platinum
Oct 8, 2003
RFC
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Got one today for $18 from Go-Lo. It came in a nice suitcase with 200 chips, 2 decks of cards and the Big Blinds chips and so on.

2 of my other mates have Poker sets so we now have over 800 chips in total.

Top Bottom