Buying shoes online

Remove this Banner Ad

creamygoodness

All Australian
Sep 23, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone have any experience buying basketball shoes online and having them shipped over from the states? Shoes are loads cheaper in the states and I was curious how gst and other taxes apply when you're bringing them in overseas. If anyone knows any reliable websites where I can buy them, I'd love to hear them as well.

Eastbay are good, I have bought many basketball shoes, clothes and gear from there over they years. Need to make sure your purchase is under $1,000 or will be charged import tax. Also around $40 delivery which is ok considering you can save money. Used to be good a few years ago when AUs dollar is over us dollar. Not so good now it has dropped. If you looking to find good range of basketball shoes in Australia, I can recommend the Jump-st.com.au - They have heaps of shoes etc that are shipped within Australia.

I pretty much always use Eastbay and always good. Quick delivery too, normally within a week. Just make sure you're good on the size. I've found Adidas sizes can differ for the same size depending on shoe. Pretty much always stick to Nike and Under Armour who seem a lot more reliable.

Anyone else have any advice?

I really want to find some good outdoor basketball shoes. Outdoor courts would wreck my awesome cp3's in no time so I keep them for indoor. But sick of playing in running shoes on outdoor courts. I know Nike does an xdr sole for outdoors but no store gets them in Australia. Footlocker tells me they did once years ago but no chance of it happening again. Apparently the outdoor ones are made and sold in China only :(

Have been looking into ordering some from China but hard to know where to get legit ones. Love to get some Kobes with the outdoor sole ...

East Bay is the best place

I usually get my orders in about 5 days max

Yeah I've ordered something from them before. But they don't have any xdr ( soles designed for outdoor courts) or GC ( greater China ) which have the xdr sole.

Might go for some Kobe mentality's which are meant to be more durable soles then Kobe's.

Love to buy some Kobes with xdr soles online but can't find too many around and the few sites I have found don't have size 13 and don't look too legit anyway.

Very tempted to go the Nike ID custom route and add the xdr soles but seems to be Limited choice ie not Kobes and a pair of kd's custom while being epic cool would set me back around 300+

Yeah I've ordered something from them before. But they don't have any xdr ( soles designed for outdoor courts) or GC ( greater China ) which have the xdr sole.

Might go for some Kobe mentality's which are meant to be more durable soles then Kobe's.

Love to buy some Kobes with xdr soles online but can't find too many around and the few sites I have found don't have size 13 and don't look too legit anyway.

Very tempted to go the Nike ID custom route and add the xdr soles but seems to be Limited choice ie not Kobes and a pair of kd's custom while being epic cool would set me back around 300+

If the Aussie dollar was decent it would great.

Yeah ... Did get quoted $40 for delivery though ... Yuck. US as well . .

I normally load up with at least three pairs and it works out OK. Making sure it's when the 20% discount is up. Problem is I'm buying more shoes than I really need. Order new playing shoes every 6 months now plus whatever else I throw in.

Cant believe how cheap they are compared to the rest of the Kobe range .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastbay are good, I have bought many basketball shoes, clothes and gear from there over they years. Need to make sure your purchase is under $1,000 or will be charged import tax. Also around $40 delivery which is ok considering you can save money. Used to be good a few years ago when AUs dollar is over us dollar. Not so good now it has dropped. If you looking to find good range of basketball shoes in Australia, I can recommend the Jump-st.com.au - They have heaps of shoes etc that are shipped within Australia.
Will try that one with the AUD being the way it is no advantage now buying online (although Eastbay were recently selling some Kobe mentality colours for as low as $63 US) but problem with Aus sites was always lack of choice and variety in colours and low stock of popular sizes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back