List Mgmt. Buzza delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

mac_cat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought this warranted a thread of its own. Buzza’s contract has not been renewed. Obviously getting Jenkins signalled the end for Buzza. I felt he tried hard for the Cats, and hope he gets picked up by another team who are willing to have a speculative selection and see if he can develop some more.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Sounds like he did very well in the VFL. Bit of a shame he didn't get one or two games in the seniors this past season....just to see if he had improved.

One of the QLD teams may give him a rookie spot.

Well he did get a game, problem for him, and probably what forced this decision, was when he did get into position to mark the ball, even uncontested, he fumbled it.
Unfortunately with him his eye issues will probably cost him a career, maybe not a superstar player career but he'd still be on the list otherwise I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

leorex

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
not happy about this one

should of played him this year to see if has improved
don't think it has anything to do with Jenkins

seems MC had made their mind up before that

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
not happy about this one

should of played him this year to see if has improved
don't think it has anything to do with Jenkins

seems MC had made their mind up before that

He was effectively delisted after the Adelaide game last year. Was just seeing out his contract from that point.

catswhiskers

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
Far North East
AFL Club
Geelong
Wylie was fun to watch. I hope GCS are paying attention he is just the sort of player they need.
He is not a great mark but certainly brought down some nice grabs in 2019.... But even when he didn't the defence knew he was around and that ball was available for others.
In today's world of chaos forward lines with the fleet of talented smalls GC have he would just need to maintain the mongrel to be a chance with them.

As an aside when I was passing the stadium just after Buzza arrived I saw him getting into his wheels. It was a Corolla ? 1990 ish. Wylie had to manoeuvre himself thru different angles just to get in. Then knees under his chin he started her up!
Saw him in a much smarter (and bigger) car a few months later.

Good luck Wylie.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Wylie was fun to watch. I hope GCS are paying attention he is just the sort of player they need.
He is not a great mark but certainly brought down some nice grabs in 2019.... But even when he didn't the defence knew he was around and that ball was available for others.
In today's world of chaos forward lines with the fleet of talented smalls GC have he would just need to maintain the mongrel to be a chance with them.

As an aside when I was passing the stadium just after Buzza arrived I saw him getting into his wheels. It was a Corolla ? 1990 ish. Wylie had to manoeuvre himself thru different angles just to get in. Then knees under his chin he started her up!
Saw him in a much smarter (and bigger) car a few months later.

Good luck Wylie.
5Vfw3HL.png

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
He was effectively delisted after the Adelaide game last year. Was just seeing out his contract from that point.
Yeah, I agree and I think it was harsh. Young tall forwards - particularly from a non-AFL background - take forever and can be excused a nervous-as-hell game.

It's easier to say in retrospect after Hendo's horrorshow, but I thought he should have been Tomahawk's Break-in-Case-of-Emergency for the PF, not Henderson. He's not quite as good a high mark as Ratugolea, but he can still take a contested grab and certainly has a physical presence that only SavRat and Hawkins have.

It's also, I think, that he's been consistently good at VFL level, but just never quite had that one massive breakout game that screamed PICK ME.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back