Bye Bye Amarfios

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to be careful on the amount of sackings and people leaving or else we will have no one left to navigate the club through this turmultuos time especially when the Tassie project is being considered. North may not want to be relocated to Tassie but whats to say that the tassie players dont want to go home..Everyone needs to chill for awhile and stop stirring the pot..

How many Tassie players we got?

In what way?

It's on the board to take action if they see that Amarfio is doing a poor job. Hood has been on the board since just after Amarfio was appointed. She'd be aware of his work.

They appear to be on the same page. I'm happy with that. There's things he needs to do better. But if he has the backing then great.

If anyone is unhappy with Amarfio then they should be asking the question as to why the board haven't removed him. Who else is going to get rid of him?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Sonja has been in the chair for 5 minutes. She needs time to have a good look, plus last year was the first year under the new coach. You said if we sack Amarfio then the board needs to go as well. But that makes no sense. If the newish board is seeing problems with Armarfio and they sack him, then there is absolutely no reason to sack the board as well.

So in one post you said, if you sack Amarfio then you have to sack the board. Then you say if Amarfio is s**t the board should sack him, or they are incompetent. So if they sack him, they are not incompetent and thus the board shouldn't be sacked. Which contradicts your previous post. Make up your mind.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to be careful on the amount of sackings and people leaving or else we will have no one left to navigate the club through this turmultuos time especially when the Tassie project is being considered. North may not want to be relocated to Tassie but whats to say that the tassie players dont want to go home..Everyone needs to chill for awhile and stop stirring the pot..
let them go

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Sonja has been in the chair for 5 minutes. She needs time to have a good look, plus last year was the first year under the new coach. You said if we sack Amarfio then the board needs to go as well. But that makes no sense. If the newish board is seeing problems with Armarfio and they sack him, then there is absolutely no reason to sack the board as well.

So in one post you said, if you sack Amarfio then you have to sack the board. Then you say if Amarfio is s**t the board should sack him, or they are incompetent. So if they sack him, they are not incompetent and thus the board shouldn't be sacked. Which contradicts your previous post. Make up your mind.

Hood has been on the board for 3 years. Unless she’s blind or not paying attention , she’d be familiar with his work.

If she thinks and by extension the rest of the board think he’s doing a good Jon then carry on. I’m too far removed to know what he does day to day.

I never said I wanted anyone sacked. I was more curious as to why no one was questioning those who leave Amarfio in charge.

Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.

H to h with the considered calm reality check as per usual.

Hang on, in keeping with the current trend let’s burn the joint to the ground and parade all players and staff not named JHF up Errol St covered in tar and feathers.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
H to h with the considered calm reality check as per usual.

Hang on, in keeping with the current trend let’s burn the joint to the ground and parade all players and staff not named JHF up Errol St covered in tar and feathers.

The Jason will feel left out and demand a transfer to a place where he will be tarred and feathered.

Mr Lloyd Christmas

Premiership Player
May 5, 2022
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The interesting part about this is that it all happened before we employed him. We clearly wanted someone who was combative, a bit of a ruthless headkicker to make change around the club.

Seems to be exactly what we are getting, so it is hard to complain about.

To be clear I wasn't quoting that article in a negative way or that I had a direct opinion on it.

More for people to make their own observations as they see fit.

For the record, I agree with the bold.

Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors, Arsenal FC
This thread is endemic of where we are in the rebuild. We are told to be patient and there are always the pitchfork crowd.
People leaving the club tells me that they aren't made of the right mettle to cope with the hard times. Just want a cushy, easy job with less pressure. I think of them of players seeking another team for premiership opportunities. We would tell them to get stuffed and bag them for the rest of their careers.

I recall Richmond was in the same situation calling for a lot of heads and a year and a half later they won a premiership.

I don't reckon sacking all our off field staff is going to help us. It's going to make things worse sending messages to the players of a sinking ship and they'll leave. It will just put our rebuild back another couple of years and more pitchforks.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.

POTY right here.

I remember posters used to complain about our 4 goal wins with a negative or boring game plan who used to say they'd rather watch us play attacking football and lose by 10 goals every week. We are ranked #1 for aggressively taking on the corridor and losing by 10 goals regularly. Be careful what you wish for.

Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Speaking of media, anyone notice this on the weekend?

It took until deep into the first quarter to sort out scoreboard problems - there was no clock and the score was only shown in the bottom right of the television feed. They were clearly having a tech issue as they put the score up full screen after the first goal and it was stuck on zeroes. So they didn't show the score or clock properly until they resolved that issue.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
The interesting part about this is that it all happened before we employed him. We clearly wanted someone who was combative, a bit of a ruthless headkicker to make change around the club.

Seems to be exactly what we are getting, so it is hard to complain about.
hmmm maybe maybe not.....Then there's the bit about being mates with Brayshaw! I really have no idea about the circumstances only to say financially the club appears to be in great shape, however, I think Funky Carl Dilena and Euge before him put a lot of that in motion. I was quite shocked when they removed Dilena as I thought he did a good job. Armafio has been a far less public face that Carl was, not what I'd have expected from a guy who was touted as bringing marketing and digital media nous. In fact on that front we've gone backwards since Heath's departure.

The Lone Latic

Glutton for Punishment
Oct 8, 2011
Watching the Latics fail repeatedly
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wigan Athletic
This is a curious thread. We've never been in a better position off the field, zero debt, record members, key sponsors on board.

Having said that there are questions that need to be answered including the delay in receiving our memberships (6 weeks for me) and availability of merchandise. Did i hear Ben correctly that all staff are on contracts? I'm no HR expert but i imagine it's hard to build a strong culture when people have no job certainty. Finally our media seems to have gone downhill since Heath left, I am sure he would have kept Ben on message with his media interviews.
Why did Heath leave? (If anyone knows)

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
What's up mate?

Not white enough for you?

Amarfio was signed on in 2020.

Then covid hit and we went to the hub. During 2020 we signed new sponsors and improved our financial position and (I presume) the board decided the football department and the side itself needed a ground up rebuild. So 18 months into that the CEO has to go because the rebuild is hard to cope with?

JHFC.
Don't use the name of our saviour Jason Horne Francis Christ in vane.......thankyou.

The Butcher

All Australian
Mar 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I just reckon we should all take a bow, whotf knows why we give this s**t any time but you gotta give us credit for keeping this little bubble of the web going. I myself enjoy being in the cave with yous all. To the posters, from the lurkers, thanks. It's been days since the last flogging, and days till the next one. WHoop!

Back