Bye Bye Amarfios

Remove this Banner Ad

Some pretty balanced responses. I think the OP had a couple when they created this thread. Don’t drink and post mate.

I’m not sure keeping him on in the name of stability is necessary correct. But also prematurely knifing him without seeing his inner working is either.

I think he has until the end of the year. Be nice to know what his KPIs are. A more general improvement would be to get in the media more, keep Brady away from that, refuting media reports that are damaging the club.

If he is some kind of enforcer, well get out of your office and let’s see some action.

Some pretty balanced responses. I think the OP had a couple when they created this thread. Don’t drink and post mate.

I’m not sure keeping him on in the name of stability is necessary correct. But also prematurely knifing him without seeing his inner working is either.

I think he has until the end of the year. Be nice to know what his KPIs are. A more general improvement would be to get in the media more, keep Brady away from that, refuting media reports that are damaging the club.

If he is some kind of enforcer, well get out of your office and let’s see some action.
I'd like to think any mid-season change would interrupt the players/coach and we would not move anyone else on. Media would be having a field day over any further changes.
Our off field in regards to revenue has been great. I would like to see Ben and his team come up with the revenue to replace our Hobart money. That should be his focus and kpis as a potential new Tassie team comes in and that money will dry up

Seriously, if you lot reckon this bloke is the root of all of our evils, you need some serious help!
I simply cannot believe what some of you go on about.
I'm going for a beer (or 10)

Seriously, if you lot reckon this bloke is the root of all of our evils, you need some serious help!
I simply cannot believe what some of you go on about.
I'm going for a beer (or 10)
Sounds like you're gunna drink 8 beers.

Thats the one.

These days we go way beyond the "sack the coach" knee jerk reaction when times get tough.
This is why I live in the bush guarded by trained snakes, ticks, leaches and spiders.

Humans are dangerous.

Amarfio was signed on in 2020.

Then covid hit and we went to the hub. During 2020 we signed new sponsors and improved our financial position and (I presume) the board decided the football department and the side itself needed a ground up rebuild. So 18 months into that the CEO has to go because the rebuild is hard to cope with?

JHFC.
Ah, the CEO who didn’t think it was necessary to go to the Hub. A hub that was a complete and utter shambles.

Ah, the CEO who didn’t think it was necessary to go to the Hub. A hub that was a complete and utter shambles.
How many CEOs did go to the hub's with their clubs? Any? Just the one's with bucketloads of cash? All the rest?

How many CEOs did go to the hub's with their clubs? Any? Just the one's with bucketloads of cash? All the rest?
If I remember rightly, most. We sent up one of the largest staff cohorts, but not our fearless leader! Oh no, he wouldn’t go into battle. Do as I say, not as I do!

It’s fact he was hard to work with at Austereo and it’s fact he was hard to work with at CA. But hey, I’m sure he’s doing a swimmingly well job at North.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember rightly, most. We sent up one of the largest staff cohorts, but not our fearless leader! Oh no, he wouldn’t go into battle. Do as I say, not as I do!

It’s fact he was hard to work with at Austereo and it’s fact he was hard to work with at CA. But hey, I’m sure he’s doing a swimmingly well job at North.
Yeah but hard to work with can mean he's either good and doesn't tolerate s**t or useless. I can be hard to work with too ... but not if you are competent.

During the hub we sorted our financial stuff and we got new sponsorship. That's more likely to be a result of the CEO working well in his new job and was probably a priority given it ended the calls for relocation.

Re the bolded bit, I don't remember anything about ceos going so i'll take your word for that. But on its own is it such a bad thing? What is interesting is that if we sent one of the largest staff groups and Shaw still felt he didn't get enough support:

1/ Is that on Shaw not the club?
2/ Would the CEOs presence have helped (or even made things worse?)

Yeah but hard to work with can mean he's either good and doesn't tolerate s**t or useless. I can be hard to work with too ... but not if you are competent.

During the hub we sorted our financial stuff and we got new sponsorship. That's more likely to be a result of the CEO working well in his new job and was probably a priority given it ended the calls for relocation.

Re the bolded bit, I don't remember anything about ceos going so i'll take your word for that. But on its own is it such a bad thing? What is interesting is that if we sent one of the largest staff groups and Shaw still felt he didn't get enough support:

1/ Is that on Shaw not the club?
2/ Would the CEOs presence have helped (or even made things worse?)
Or the sponsorship could be a result of the Sponsorship Manager.
Being frog marched out of CA and a first hand account suggests he’s a pain in the arse and unable to develop a good work culture. I don’t k is why you want to defend him, everything points to him being a major issue.

Posters whining about who has to go because they don’t enjoy a brief time at the bottom had better not be the ones who used to say we were mired in mediocrity and needed to go harder for greater success. If you wanted radical surgery, this is what post-op feels like, and you have to accept that both the treatment and recovery time are uncertain but having gone for the surgery you have to wait and see the outcome. The pain was inevitable.

Geez you'd have been no fun in 1700's when the sport of the day was burning witches. Yeah sure looking back they probably got it wrong more times than not, but heck all well and good saying I told you so after the fact.

But somebody had to pay for the general malaise and fast-forward a few hundred years and it could be argued that some of us haven't evolved as quickly as others.

Got any matches?

Interesting question. I tried to find out at the time but couldn't get an accurate number. The most common response was 'most' but would be interesting to know the facts.

When he first came on board there were lots of negative stories about his time at CA and Austereo. Had a few contacts I know shaking their heads. But I haven't heard any substantiated negatives about life at North so far. Is he a part of the problem? Maybe, I suppose. Current events do make you wonder. But media and contacts I know are not having a crack at him so benefit of the doubt so far. And we are certainly travelling well financially by all reports. So I am a fence sitter re Ben.

Geez you'd have been no fun in 1700's when the sport of the day was burning witches. Yeah sure looking back they probably got it wrong more times than not, but heck all well and good saying I told you so after the fact.

But somebody had to pay for the general malaise and fast-forward a few hundred years and it could be argued that some of us haven't evolved as quickly as others.

Got any matches?

No but does this help?

This thread is s**t and there's more than a couple of posts with only thinly veiled racism, too.

Really *ing disappointed in some of you so-called "North supporters" lately.

Some Noble incidents have been leaked as well as others, but have any negative reports on Amarfio or his performance been made public?

I have heard all the past stuff from CA, but other than 3 garbage recruiters/list managers walking and the on field rubbish we watch each week, which he isn't directly a part of, what has formed the OP's opinion he needs to get the arse?

Serious question.

FT6KFdaaQAAp5kk

Interesting point re Heath. I wonder if we are missing his input into things like this.

Mind you, I think the general social media output is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Media is rubbish since Heath and the other bloke left, crappy 2 minute videos saying nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back