Play Nice Bye bye Brad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your expectation is that every North supporter tip or bet on the Roos - every week - forever?

A fool and their money are soon departed. Not hard to work out the negative fool....
There you go again, making stupid assumption. And more name calling. Guess with us not losing at the moment the sex has dried up. Must be very frustrating for you.

I would never bet against the Roos....ever. As for a fool parting with money, anyone betting against the bookies is a fool.

We encourage lively debate but please refrain from calling each other dipshits & utensils. The thread title has Play Nice in it for a reason. Just because you're on the North board does not mean you're immune from a ban. Please consider that we are all on the same side before insulting your fellow supporters.
why has Wild Bills name calling lasted since Sunday while mine has been deleted straight away? Is there a level of abuse that is allowed? Can I call him a twat? What about self gropper? Nob Jockey? All are apt but I'm not sure where they sit in relation to 'flog'

How this thread hasn't been locked by now baffles me. With an extension of Brad's contract imminent, it no longer has any relevance and serves no other purpose than a corner for fellow supporters to have a blue with each other.
It'll become quote unquote relevant when his final contract expires.

Just five years too late to mean anything.

Or three.

There you go again, making stupid assumption. And more name calling. Guess with us not losing at the moment the sex has dried up. Must be very frustrating for you.

I would never bet against the Roos....ever. As for a fool parting with money, anyone betting against the bookies is a fool.

I'm like you in the sense that I truly think we can win every game. Pretty much every week by the time Friday comes around, I just have a 'good feeling' that we'll bring our A game and if we do that, we win. Was a bit worried about Freo away this year, I admit (but I thought we would beat Hawthorn, wrong, and Freo here, right).

The only real bet I've had against us was the day that cannot be mentioned. The morning of the game I had the opposite of my usual 'good feeling' and decided to take the juicy $2.40 that was on offer for those other pricks. Then I reasoned that since I'd never, ever won a bet when I stake a few hundred bucks, I should have a big go on the basis that I would lose the bet and we would win the flag ...

Ironically, I also backed John Blakey as first goalkicker in that game at 80-1 (yes, he was). It was my biggest total footy betting win ever, but it was with tears in my eyes as I collected.

Hmm I get your point but I would never bet against us out of principle.
I don't sit there and hope we lose. Happy to give up the money to celebrate a win. I would love to win round 1 - we just don't. I would love to be better than the Hawks - we're not.

What about tip against us in a footy tipping comp? You always tip the Roos?

How this thread hasn't been locked by now baffles me. With an extension of Brad's contract imminent, it no longer has any relevance and serves no other purpose than a corner for fellow supporters to have a blue with each other.
Because the sooks need a place to sook. Some have nothing better in life than to bag the coach of the team they pretend to support.

I don't sit there and hope we lose. Happy to give up the money to celebrate a win. I would love to win round 1 - we just don't. I would love to be better than the Hawks - we're not.

What about tip against us in a footy tipping comp? You always tip the Roos?

No.

why has Wild Bills name calling lasted since Sunday while mine has been deleted straight away? Is there a level of abuse that is allowed? Can I call him a twat? What about self gropper? Nob Jockey? All are apt but I'm not sure where they sit in relation to 'flog'

lol - I think sums it up best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most know I've been a strong critic of Scott over the years because of his game plan and soft approach to dropping players. However since his return from surgery he had a different perspective on things and embraced the tagging introduced by Crocker, dropped players who failed to comply with his game plan and had a more tougher/firmer approach which I think the players relished.

Brad has shown an ability to reflect on his own personal performance and change and that is a sign of a good leader.

While being very critical of him, deep down in my soul I and other critical posters like Only Forwards hoped he would change rather to have him sacked and he has.

I'm actually comfortable for an extension now.

Most know I've been a strong critic of Scott over the years because of his game plan and soft approach to dropping players. However since his return from surgery he had a different perspective on things and embraced the tagging introduced by Crocker, dropped players who failed to comply with his game plan and had a more tougher/firmer approach which I think the players relished.

Brad has shown an ability to reflect on his own personal performance and change and that is a sign of a good leader.

While being very critical of him, deep down in my soul I and other critical posters like Only Forwards hoped he would change rather to have him sacked and he has.

What seems like a million pages ago I put up a table of my expectation with the only category for dismissal being miss finals.

His last contract has brought 10th prelim prelim.
I have no qualms about an extension.

His next extension has to bring a flag.

Has to, or all the good will good wishes and fourth placed finishes are for nothing.

And as you know, for a long time I was a strong supporter / defender of Brad. However, I had lost the faith to an extent by the middle of this season, because the team continued to make the same mistakes and the selection (dropping) policy was atrocious. And it had been for a couple of years (but not his whole tenure, e.g. unlike many here, I was happy with the so-called 'gifting' of games to the young Ziebell, Cunners, Basti, Wright, Hansen, etc. - and I believe it's a policy that has paid off).

As many of us posted, both here and in the cathartic "angst" thread, something needed to change. Fortunately, it did. I sense that the bar has now shifted permanently in relation to both team selection and game plan flexibility (including listening more to assistants?) and this can only be a good thing.

Please never close this thread.... It will become a vehicle for apology and reconciliation once we win the flag next year. Although I would fully expect some to reject an extension unless we go back to back... "Brad has taken this team as far as it can go (a premiership) we need a new coach to take us through a rebuild."

Last edited:
Please ever close this thread.... It will become a vehicle for apology and reconciliation once we win the flag next year. Although I would fully expect some to reject an extension unless we go back to back... "Brad has taken this team as far as it can go (a premiership) we need a new coach to take us through a rebuild."

Say he gets 2 years which is where I think we will land, that is 2018.

I'd suggest if we don't have number 5 by 2017 this thread will become a hell pit of people calling for his head.

In all honesty I may well lead the charge.

Yes he deserves the extension, but there are expectations that have to come with it.

That expectation has to be number 5. Anything other than that are the club are doing a disservice to us as members.

What becomes interesting for Brad is were we will be as a club in 2017.

Please ever close this thread.... It will become a vehicle for apology and reconciliation once we win the flag next year. Although I would fully expect some to reject an extension unless we go back to back... "Brad has taken this team as far as it can go (a premiership) we need a new coach to take us through a rebuild."

Turn it up!

Say he gets 2 years which is where I think we will land, that is 2018.

I'd suggest if we don't have number 5 by 2017 this thread will become a hell pit of people calling for his head.

In all honesty I may well lead the charge.

Yes he deserves the extension, but there are expectations that have to come with it.

That expectation has to be number 5. Anything other than that are the club are doing a disservice to us as members.

What becomes interesting for Brad is were we will be as a club in 2017.
Yeah no problems, let's win no.5!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back