Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Breaking Bad does fall down in the last season and a half. Better Call Saul is a much better show in terms of it’s best moments and it’s consistency across it’s run.
Breaking bad had a higher ceiling. Bb best seasons were better than bcs. Season 5 may not have been as good but it had to tie up lose ends and the previous 4 seasons are almost impossible to beat.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd play Comben in the backline if I was earning a mil a season cause I too couldn't give a ****. I'm be just happy getting 19.3k per week. Knowing that it's hardly a 40 hour per week gig.

What's the solution? An unproven up and comer... If that doesn't work, my God the club will be Hung, drawn and quartered! You lot would've lost your minds if the club chose that over Clarkson! ( More than now)

It's not like the club could've got Hardwick....Goodwin, we tried roos and look where that got us...Lyon - game has past him more than Clarkson, Beveridge... Maybe, doubt he'd have left dogs, Longmire - same as Lyon IMHO. When North went hard for Longmire I didn't want him, as did many here. I would've thought Clarkson is more up to date with the game than Longmire. Cameron - failed with a team of guns and the AFL behind him.

For the resources we have, Clarkson was a f****ing good get. He's coached less than a season. For someone like him I'd give him 3 seasons to build whatever he wants and then reassess.

What's the solution? An unproven up and comer... If that doesn't work, my God the club will be Hung, drawn and quartered! You lot would've lost your minds if the club chose that over Clarkson! ( More than now)

It's not like the club could've got Hardwick....Goodwin, we tried roos and look where that got us...Lyon - game has past him more than Clarkson, Beveridge... Maybe, doubt he'd have left dogs, Longmire - same as Lyon IMHO. When North went hard for Longmire I didn't want him, as did many here. I would've thought Clarkson is more up to date with the game than Longmire. Cameron - failed with a team of guns and the AFL behind him.

For the resources we have, Clarkson was a f****ing good get. He's coached less than a season. For someone like him I'd give him 3 seasons to build whatever he wants and then reassess.

I’m sorry, but he simply doesn’t get 3 seasons. No coach in the league would with a 10 goal average losing margin.

Nobody would have an issue if there was gradual improvement, but there isn’t. If anything we’ve gone backwards.

He probably has another 30-40 games to turn it around and show noticeable improvement, even for a 4 time premiership coach. If we barely win a game between now and the middle of next year, he will be gone.

Luckily for us there’s capped payouts in all current coaching contracts.

I’m sorry, but he simply doesn’t get 3 seasons. No coach in the league would with a 10 goal average losing margin.

Nobody would have an issue if there was gradual improvement, but there isn’t. If anything we’ve gone backwards.

He probably has another 30-40 games to turn it around and show noticeable improvement, even for a 4 time premiership coach. If we barely win a game between now and the middle of next year, he will be gone.

Luckily for us there’s capped payouts in all current coaching contracts.

Another season of absolute shit footy is going to put our whole team back a further 6-7 years. The longer this goes the harder it gets to change.

Look how hard is it now to change and people are content for another 3 years!?

We have been conditioned to accept mediocrity lol

We won’t be sacking him.

Unfortunately, he’s not the god we thought he was.

Team selection, lack of noticeable game plan and lack of game day moves.

He’s tracking at a 2/10 so far.

Clarko has been a disappointment. Not saying he won’t or can’t turn it around, but he hasn’t done much to date on field.

It’s not like he was able to get TT back on track or anything. What a waste that was.

Off field, he’s probably been good for morale, despite the negative attention he has brought to us.

I’m sorry but all of this sack Clarkson bullshit is simply that.

What do you expect him to do with the pile of pus playing list that he has inherited?

And who else would walk in and do any better?

Our group are too small, too soft, too slow and too unskilled, you simply can’t fix that overnight.

What do you expect him to do with the pile of pus playing list that he has inherited?

Our group are too small, too soft, too slow and too unskilled, you simply can’t fix that overnight.
Nobody will answer a direct question in this thread they'll just keep sulking like little babies

I just want to illustrate something.

Here's a thread on the Hawthorn board from the first week of May 2006, in Clarkson's second year as Hawthorn head coach. It was complaining about Clarkson selecting/leaving players on the ground who were getting smashed, in games where they were getting smashed

Tell me if you see some parallels here.

(PS BigFooty Mods/Admins - yes, I'm directly quoting posts from another team's board here. The posts are from 2006. Please don't infract me for this!)

if he continues to do this he wont have a job.

so damn stupid. i dont care about experience. thats no experience if he gets smashed. absolute joke clarkson. put croad on him straight away. and drop dawson and play boyle.

Unhappy with the decision, but Clarkson had no idea all day.

We looked like we were zoning up around the ground, rather than playing the man, and their skills broke the zone apart. The amount of midfield pressure the placed on us and their effective disposal made Thompson's job much easier. That being said, Dawson can't read the play or the flight of the ball...and his decision(?) to play off Thompson was crazy.

Bad mistake by AC again on this. I like his coaching, but his reasons just don't justify what it does to the team - all he keeps saying is that he's giving the kid experience, and he'll be a better player for it.

Even that is debatable - when you aren't ready to play a position and you get repeatedly spanked, it saps confidence and stops being a beneficial learning experience.

Far more importantly, it is effectively putting one kid's 'development' ahead of playing to win football games. If you have a bad match up, you change it, simple as that.

Just like against Collingwood we lost the game because our midfield was over-run. Don't you see the similarities, TELSTRA DOME, big side - we obviously have some weaknesses and Collingwood and Kangaroos on the DOME have exposed us.

Two years later in 2008 they won their first of four flags under Clarkson.

His methods work. There's pain in the early days as he seeks to build his system, his philosophy, and his ideology into the young kids.

(PS check out the actual nostradamus post in that thread ;) It's the entire reason I remembered those posts from disgruntled Hawthorn fanssome 18~ years later haha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty wild how we've basically become clarko's retirement fund.

He can sit back and just collect his 1m per annum for the next 3.5 years until he calls it, he looks dejected and flat from the racism saga and he seems to have lost his passion for the game. Ideally we would've offered 3 years with KPIs but that's a bit hard when we had no leg to stand on.

Exactly, in what parallel universe did anyone have us returning any different outcome down at the cattery than 10 goals??

Its been obvious all week , the bookies quoted pretty much that as the line was 58.5pts, yet everyone is outraged.

Pretty wild how we've basically become clarko's retirement fund.

He can sit back and just collect his 1m per annum for the next 3.5 years until he calls it, he looks dejected and flat from the racism saga and he seems to have lost his passion for the game. Ideally we would've offered 3 years with KPIs but that's a bit hard when we had no leg to stand on.
looked pretty passionate explaining how he ran wardlaw with lauchie neale last week, and literally went on to say we are working on the young players to be solid in 2 years rather than steal the odd win,

he is in for the long hall, not sure some people round here are,

who would you suggest? david copperfield??
perennial whingers.

Last edited:
looked pretty passionate explaining how he ran wardlaw with lauchie neale last week, and literally went on to day we are working on the young players to be solid in 2 years rather than steal the odd win,

he is in for the long hall, not sure some people round here are,

who would you suggest? david copperfield??
perennial whingers.

I don't think he has the "long haul" in him mate.

IMO he is a Paul Roos type that will instill some standards and stability, he'll help bridge the gap but he won't be there for our next flag, and neither will half the list.

Last edited:
I don't think he has the "long haul" in him mate.

IMO he is a Paul Roos type that will instill some standards and stability, he'll help bridge the gap but he won't be there for our next flag, and neither will half the list tbh.
i will agree with the half the list comment, but the rest is rubbish.

havnt even had a look at goad, hardimen and dawson, they could be 6 to 12 months away from featuring, but the fact is the list turnover has already began in ernest.

I just want to illustrate something.

Here's a thread on the Hawthorn board from the first week of May 2006, in Clarkson's second year as Hawthorn head coach. It was complaining about Clarkson selecting/leaving players on the ground who were getting smashed, in games where they were getting smashed

Tell me if you see some parallels here.

(PS BigFooty Mods/Admins - yes, I'm directly quoting posts from another team's board here. The posts are from 2006. Please don't infract me for this!)

Two years later in 2008 they won their first of four flags under Clarkson.

His methods work. There's pain in the early days as he seeks to build his system, his philosophy, and his ideology into the young kids.

(PS check out the actual nostradamus post in that thread ;) It's the entire reason I remembered those posts from disgruntled Hawthorn fanssome 18~ years later haha)
Not bad Chad but he'd given tangible glimpses of hope by beating a grand finalist in his 1st year. Apart from hope and patience, we haven't seen that "belief" style win under him as yet.

Not bad Chad but he'd given tangible glimpses of hope by beating a grand finalist in his 1st year. Apart from hope and patience, we haven't seen that "belief" style win under him as yet.

We also haven't had a full first year of him yet.

Believe.

He has a VFL quality list at his disposal. Our senior players are Jy Simpkin and Luke McDonald, who would struggle to get a game at some other clubs.

I don't think any coach could do anything with these players. It's depressing. Obviously Sheezel, Wardlaw and 1-2 others are coming along nicely, but it's nowhere near enough.
You forgot to mention Tom Powell. 26 disposals vs the cats.

But yeah I agree with your view on North Melbourne on where they are at.

But you can tell North Melbourne are trying to take that path almost identical to Demons of 2013-21.

We all know the painful process that was.

2012-13: Demons had Mark Neeld as coach.

2014-6: Paul Roos Took over as coach and each year pulled some gradual improvements.

2017-21: Simon goodwin takes over. Narrowly missed out on finals in 2017 (in a way they should of). 2018, the make finals and win finals too. 2019, 17th but they had injuries. 2020, 9th again but looked good in some games. 2021 they finished top and win the flag.

The Shaw and David Noble coaching era is gone.

Clarkson is here to steady the ship like Paul Roos Did 10 years prior.

Saying that, its gonna be a long process. I dont think many North Fans will complain if they get a flag by 2030 or 2031.

Yeah I'm feeling the same
Complete footy blackout for a couple weeks if we lose to Hawks.

I've got a bad feeling about Clarko and the club in general tbh.
Yep same here ….
Announcement coming soon … the players are just not invested minus a few. There’s something going on…
Been in this situation before with North. Just when u think it’s rock bottom, it gets worse with this club.
We will have an interim coach before seasons end .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back