Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

He has to be on notice now. The list is s**t but it's not as bad as the current results. Stkilda and gold Coast also have bog average lists and were still going down by 10 goals.
From the outside looking in
his selections are an abomination. Not one captain or senior player dropped when most have been useless and should be driving standards. He's been paid 1 mill a year to come in and turn the culture around not continue to let it rot.
He appears to lack drive and hunger and at times looks tired and defeated.
I know he has one of the toughest tasks in footy at the moment but hes not doing himself any favours.

Are those 2000 gonna stick around if we sack another coach?

Fickle supporters can go and they can come back when we start winning again.

“When”. You make it sound inevitable.
5 years of absolute filth and the club is paying this bunch of soft frauds to make excuses for themselves.
Review, now, Geelong style.. or gtfo of this competition. We are clearly not serious.

“When”. You make it sound inevitable.
5 years of absolute filth and the club is paying this bunch of soft frauds to make excuses for themselves.
Review, now, Geelong style.. or gtfo of this competition.
When Chris Scott took over as Geelong's coach he fluked a premiership in his first year by inheriting a Ferrari of a playing list. It then took him 10 years of stability and patience to win the next one.

There are no quick fixes when we are in the position we're in.

Problem is, you can’t have hawthorn and wc doing better and expecting us to buy this bullshit.

Like I said in the Sonja page, it was only going to get worse from when she deleted her twitter and it definitely has.

Seeing Ratten celebrate in the coaches box at the hawks game makes me so confused why we didn’t find the funds for him. God knows it’s not being spent well

Its cos Clarko didn't check in on Ratts once while he was coaching and ****ed him over when he returned, reckon he has been found out as a bad leader. Fish stinks from the head and as I've said multiple times before, the nail in the coffin was the racism saga. Won't see out his contract.

When Chris Scott took over as Geelong's coach he fluked a premiership in his first year by inheriting a Ferrari of a playing list. It then took him 10 years of stability and patience to win the next one.

There are no quick fixes when we are in the position we're in.

Geelong set extremely high standards back in 2006/7 that they never really looked back from. This led to a coach inheriting a great list, snagging another, but the following 10 years of not bottoming out and staying competitive before their next one impressed me just much.

Geelong and Sydney never bottom out and never make excuses, professional organisations.

Adelaide, Hawthorn, even West Coast have had their time on the bottom and at best are turning things around/at worst at least giving their fans something to cling to and some hope - professional organisations.

We navel gaze after loss after loss and we are paying people to think it’s okay to not win a game of football for a whole year. There are things they should be doing to improve immediately that they aren’t. We should’ve seen a marked improvement in some non-negotiables as soon as a coach with Clarkson’s reputation walked into the building. All of our senior leaders have stagnated or gone backwards. You can’t cling to youth because at the same rate they might improve, others we’ve invested time into will be looking to leave. They are sick of losing. North Melbourne is a disgraceful organisation and a blemish on the competition at the moment and what are they doing about it?

Last edited:
Admittedly we need to see some improvement 2nd half of the year.
All teams have young players we need to our players to show something.

If we go 0-23 especially if it's floggings it's going be alarm bells.

I believe in Clarko but we need to see more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko will be around at least until end 2025. If his plan is to solely look at, over 2024, who to keep and who isn’t up to it without any focus on being competitive then he needs to be reigned in from above. We appear to be very unfit and don’t appear to play as a team. If we go through 2024 winless and being belted every week, the playing list that remains for 2025 will be totally demoralised. There will be a drop off in membership and sponsors.

Our list is poor and that can’t be addressed in 2024. We need at least 3 experienced AFL players (key fwd, key back, ruckman etc). But will they come? Plus some quality drafts. However drafting hasn’t been one of our strengths in recent years.

I’ve supported North for over 70 years, been a continuous member for 37 years. I’ll keep going to games this year but if we are winless in 2024 I’ll think hard as to whether I’ll be a member in 2025. I’ve experienced bad periods but the last few years have been our worst.

Rant over.

Clarko will be around at least until end 2025. If his plan is to solely look at, over 2024, who to keep and who isn’t up to it without any focus on being competitive then he needs to be reigned in from above. We appear to be very unfit and don’t appear to play as a team. If we go through 2024 winless and being belted every week, the playing list that remains for 2025 will be totally demoralised. There will be a drop off in membership and sponsors.

Our list is poor and that can’t be addressed in 2024. We need at least 3 experienced AFL players (key fwd, key back, ruckman etc). But will they come? Plus some quality drafts. However drafting hasn’t been one of our strengths in recent years.

I’ve supported North for over 70 years, been a continuous member for 37 years. I’ll keep going to games this year but if we are winless in 2024 I’ll think hard as to whether I’ll be a member in 2025. I’ve experienced bad periods but the last few years have been our worst.

Rant over.

70 years…you ain’t quitting now.

I wouldn't say he's been coaching well, but what can anyone actually achieve with these useless campaigners.
Bryce Lewis, Glenn Luff, Brady Rawlings, Gavin Brown, Brad Scott, Rhyce Shaw, David Noble and Cam Joyce. Incompetent dolts the lot of them.

This is the mess Clarko has to clean up, if it's beyond a 4 time premiership coach. It'll be beyond what ever bottom of the barrell first time coach we'd have to replace him with. Because the best prospects won't touch us and will wait for better jobs to become available.

Darwin at night is bloody humid, I've experienced myself. You sweat up just walking around.
But that doesn't excuse how truly shite our skill level is, these campaigners just can't play football.

Always tried to be positive, but watching them tonight these blokes have no hope. Just not good enough and kidding ourselves, if we think any other game plan or structure will make these guys any better.

Just no pride in their performance and very few are willing to give everything. Only so much the coaching group can do about that, just haven't recruited players with character and competitive instincts. Too many peahearts out there
Unfortunately we are as a club we have lost our pride and spirit our coach is not has been forced into a woke style coach not the 4 time premiership coach.
As for the rest of them we’ll all I can say is Chairwoman Hood needs to become the female version of a Kennett/McGuire be more cut throat. CEO Watt the same as Linkden promoting the club doesn’t bring on field success both the above need to be more Ruthless and if that means going thru the on field personal like a bad case of the 💩 then do it as atm we are 💩 and the supporters are fu:king sick of it.
That’s why NOW not in 3 or 6 months is we have an Independent Forensic Audit done of our club no stone unturned by a person or persons that have NO connection to the NMFC.
Mind you we need to start by getting rid of people like Rawlings and those incompetent people who do our Health Fitness and Conditioning and Skill people as we have players that are physically weak no body strength and seem to run out of Gas very quickly and can’t produce a clean kick or handball to a target 10m to 20m basically we are a Under 16 team from the suburbs.
But as supporters we all know none of the above will happen and personal of the club will be protected as we are a boys club even tho the 2 top positions are been held by women.

You think the players don’t know the bloke standing in front of them is on $1M a year & not knowing what the F he’s doing wants to get them motivated & play for him?
They’re too many of our key players playing selfish, for themselves & self preservation mode. Too many are only concerned about their own stats & how they look at the end.

We can’t sack him due to his contract. Good or bad he is the coach. Will the club last the length of the contract? I am not sure.

We can’t sack him due to his contract. Good or bad he is the coach. Will the club last the length of the contract? I am not sure.
He clearly has scars from the Hawthorn racism saga. He is not the Clarko we hired & are paying $1M a year for .
My prediction is he will step aside before seasons end & pass the mantle to an assistant due to mental health . (Which I don’t blame him) guilty or not on what occurred at the Hawks. The investigation was sapping for him.
He’s done with Footy in this capacity. Unfortunately thru no fault of our own we purchased “damaged goods” .

In January the coaches and players selected these 6 players as our leaders. Simpkin, McDonald, Larkey, Scott, Coor and Sheezel.

• 4 of these players would not get a game in a top 8 side, and would be in the 2nds to finish out there contract with no chance of a renewal.
  • Only one of these players deserves to remain in the leadership group and he has a #3 on his back. He should pick a VC and a DVC to take the club forward.
  • The 70 goal forward who is getting a flopping and whinging reputation with umpires is not showing leadership. Turn the attitude around right know.
  • The defensive leader yells at his team mates to try and cover his incompetence. We should assign his role to a water bottle carrier. They would be more effective.
Start here on field, and then apply the same off field to see who is not up to leadership. They can go if they don’t have it. This is all we need at this time. Genuine leadership.

That is the bigger issue isn’t it.

The current feeling of apathy towards the Club is what we would feel every week were we to leave the competition, were it to come to observing the AFL competition.

Any competition is only as interesting as your passion and commitment to follow a Team or individual

Our excitement would be around our weekly Footy Tip results which is how I feel these past 3 seasons

Not being competitive is the equivalent of not existing

Never in life is one thing to blame for an outcome

The multitude of poor choices over a decade has brought us to this point of despair

How do you detach yourself from a Club that brought so much joy in those 70’s and 90’s?

Even attending in the 80’s you were in with a chance. Today it’s just loss after loss

This is our reality and it could get a lot worse.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back