Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably showing my age here, but this classic British Comedy series called Ripping Yarns from the 1970’s had an episode called “Golden Gordon” following his beloved soccer team Barstoneworth United. It probably accurately reflects how we are feeling each weekend after we play. Here is a snippet.

Loved Ripping Yarns and , must admit, I’ve thought of this episode a few times over the last year or so. Not sure his idea of getting all the old stars out of retirement would work though.

I’m sure that Clarko could focus on wins this season but that would come at the expense of long term development.

He could have kept Goldie so X wouldn’t get games.

He could have matched the ridiculous money * offered for buckets.

But we’re in the middle of a period focusing on the future and that’s more important than a few wins that ultimately don’t mean much. Give me the a sustainable future over some meaningless wins any day. I hate losing but I want long term success more.

Look at players like McKercher, Wardlaw and Sheezel and what they say in public - they’re genuinely enthusiastic for the future, they’ve bought into the vision and they have far more insight into what’s going on at the club than a bunch of bed wetters who’ve got no stomach for doing what’s necessary.
I guess 'future' is open to interpretation - is the future the upcoming game, round one next year or round one in 2026? There seems to be no set 'the future is now' and from my perspective, the future has been from 2020 hearing the same song and dance.
The pipe dream we are being sold of 'the future' didn't have the visuals of LDU, Zuurhar and potentially others leaving - does that push the future back to 2027?
We significantly cull our senior list in 2016 to bolster youth... in 2024 we need to bring in senior players to assist younger players... the joint doesn't know its head from its ******** it seems.

I guess 'future' is open to interpretation - is the future the upcoming game, round one next year or round one in 2026? There seems to be no set 'the future is now' and from my perspective, the future has been from 2020 hearing the same song and dance.
The pipe dream we are being sold of 'the future' didn't have the visuals of LDU, Zuurhar and potentially others leaving - does that push the future back to 2027?
We significantly cull our senior list in 2016 to bolster youth... in 2024 we need to bring in senior players to assist younger players... the joint doesn't know its head from its a-hole it seems.
8 years on l cant see those culled in 2016 would still be around today. We have now got a lot of young and exciting players who need help from our experienced players which unfortunatley are not helping atm so getting experienced players from other clubs is the way to approach the issue. We need to let go of the past and look at the present . Players like Parker, Wines and Ward would be the type of players that would help with going forward whilst not really being part of playing in finals when we get there.

I’m sure that Clarko could focus on wins this season but that would come at the expense of long term development.

But we’re in the middle of a period focusing on the future and that’s more important than a few wins that ultimately don’t mean much. Give me the a sustainable future over some meaningless wins any day. I hate losing but I want long term success more.

Look at players like McKercher, Wardlaw and Sheezel and what they say in public - they’re genuinely enthusiastic for the future, they’ve bought into the vision and they have far more insight into what’s going on at the club than a bunch of bed wetters who’ve got no stomach for doing what’s necessary.
This is the most ridiculous post I have read on BF for a long time - well done.

We significantly cull our senior list in 2016 to bolster youth... in 2024 we need to bring in senior players to assist younger players... the joint doesn't know its head from its a-hole it seems.

With that paragraph, it shows why you are not in charge of roster.

LDU zuurhar must leave for the good of the club, their prescence are surpluss if not detrimental as they are of an age and experience to lead yet they do not demonstrate the leadership quality due to the insecurity of their own skill as they grew up in a era of turbulence.

They are the sacrifices that we need to make in order to force the evolution of the list.

With that paragraph, it shows why you are not in charge of roster.

LDU zuurhar must leave for the good of the club, their prescence are surpluss if not detrimental as they are of an age and experience to lead yet they do not demonstrate the leadership quality due to the insecurity of their own skill as they grew up in a era of turbulence.

They are the sacrifices that we need to make in order to force the evolution of the list.
Sometimes I think you are a parody account……..Then I stop and think about the actual blokes running the club and the results they have gotten over the last 5 years. I doubt you would have done any worse (is it possible?). So you keep shooting your shot here Chairman. I for one won’t dismiss Your ideas so quickly anymore :)

Sometimes I think you are a parody account……..Then I stop and think about the actual blokes running the club and the results they have gotten over the last 5 years. I doubt you would have done any worse (is it possible?). So you keep shooting your shot here Chairman. I for one won’t dismiss Your ideas so quickly anymore :)

Well guess what, reality couldn't care less. We will not win more than 2 games this year and that's that.

We will be bottom for a while longer and that's a fact.

I was asked today, “Has Clarko done anything to impress you since he’s been at NM?”
I had to say “No”

Underwhelming is the one word that sums up his tenure thus far.

Not saying he should be sacked, but gee, I’d like to see something impressive at some stage this year from him.

I was asked today, “Has Clarko done anything to impress you since he’s been at NM?”
I had to say “No”

Not saying he should be sacked, but gee, I’d like to see something impressive at some stage this year from him.

I was asked - seriously - which team I’ll be choosing when (not if) North folds. No troll face. No laughter. Genuine question from a dude who backed us to improve a lot this year and, in his opinion, possibly make finals this year or next.

Life’s good 👍🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was asked - seriously - which team I’ll be choosing when (not if) North folds. No troll face. No laughter. Genuine question from a dude who backed us to improve a lot this year and, in his opinion, possibly make finals this year or next.

Life’s good 👍🏼
What was your answer. Who did he support.

He Gets It Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

Life’s good
LOL...fold.

Is he shitty because he's done his nuts punting on North?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

LOL...fold.

Is he shitty because he's done his nuts punting on North?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Dunno but it was an honest question. Last year he said he’d be following us closely as his second team. Seemed as genuinely gutted at what we’ve produced as any actual North supporter.

I had to say “No”

This expresses it the best.

Don't want to pull the pin 0.5 or 1.5 years (take your pick) into a 5 year gradual process.

But objectively there is almost nothing to hang your hat on yet.

The only games we've shown any kind of system and cohesion imo are:

2023 Freo
Several 2023 Ratten games
The Harley Reid Dead Rubber
2024 Preseason Collingwood game aka "Northball"

I'm not even crediting 2024 Freo. That was peak Scott era shit, lots of sides can recklessly score away then get cranked open the other way, it's not that impressive.

Life’s good 👍🏼

If North folded as a club I'd just stop following footy, tbh.

It's not the 80s anymore. We aren't beholden to suburban footy and whatever sport is broadcast on our 3 channels.

It's not the 80s anymore. We aren't beholden to suburban footy and whatever sport is broadcast on our 3 channels.
I would still follow the game cause i just love it so much. I wouldn't follow any team probably just players from a variety of teams.

I’ve always been a North fan primarily, an AFL fan secondly (particularly with the rule changes and adjudication).

Recent years, the North spectacle has been even more abysmal than the game itself. Which is a pity because I enjoyed barracking for the contrarian, the spanner in the spokes of the corrupt/contrived money-driven organisation and that the AFL is now.

Really sucks. This club used to have grit and spirit. What we’re witnessing now is a timid, submissive organisation that doesn’t aim for anything or have any expectations of itself. And if they keep going down this path, I’m not sure if there will be a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back