Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, even add a 34 year old Goldie and Ziebell, who we all agreed this time last year was cooked and needed to hang up the boots asap, is that really the difference between (for all intents and purposes) beating a team that played in the previous years grand final, and this year getting slaughtered by bottom 4 teams?

Did you even look at Goldys stats that day? 40-38 clearances his way and in a midfield that in the last quarter was down to Sheeze and George.

Don’t underestimate the capacity of an experienced tap Ruckman, which we don’t currently have now

I’ve had a few glasses of Shiraz so please excuse me.

95% of the reason we are as bad as we are has ZERO to do with
Clarko
Jen
Sonja

We had 4 players over 26 play today.

Of which only one 1 (Jy) gets a game at most teams in a the AFL.

What got us into that position happened ALONG time earlier than Clarko, Jen and Sonja.

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble
Etc they are the contributors to our current predicament not the current guys.

The blaming of Clarko is ridiculous. As is blaming Sonja and Jen.

Cmon we gotta pull this board together.
I think 95% sounds about right. Clarko’s 5% contribution would be recruiting Daniel Howe (delist from Hawks after 96 games in 8 years. He spudded up for 11 with us before retiring), Liam Shields (Use By date had expired, but Clarko convinced him to come out of retirement) and an Assistant Coach (Ratten) who was sacked by his 2 previous clubs with a 50% win record. He most certainly would have had been heavily involved in the Stephens/ Fisher 4 year deals as well last year. So he can’t shy away from these calls under his watch.

No , Fisher & Cat Stephens were Brady’s fault apparently…
Clarko wasn’t there that day 😉

Is the problem that they all only play for themselves and money?
Money they can pretty much get anywhere these days . Players chase success at a club with a half a chance.
That ain’t happening any time soon here with us …
Hence the reason on the rumours of The Bull & LDU fishing around…

Money they can pretty much get anywhere these days . Players chase success at a club with a half a chance.
That ain’t happening any time soon here with us …
Hence the reason on the rumours of The Bull & LDU fishing around…
I think the Bull is gone already
LDU will be gone also unless something changes soon.
Body language isn't great on both of them.

Both are definitely on the wait & see list …
Fingers crossed that they sign .
Can’t afford to be losing experience like this with a young side .
The attraction of staying on & playing under a “master successful coach “ won’t be enough though….

The attraction of staying on & playing under a “master successful coach “ won’t be enough though….
Lol you sarcastically putting Clarkson's credentials in quotation marks doesn't suddenly make him an unsuccessful coach

No , Fisher & Cat Stephens were Brady’s fault apparently…
Clarko wasn’t there that day 😉

Totally agree with you on this one Ross it won't be enough to keep them We do have to show a bit of heart that's on every player seniors and seconds. The coaching staff need to be all on the same page which i think we can do. Lets hope the two fellas sigh on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you even look at Goldys stats that day? 40-38 clearances his way and in a midfield that in the last quarter was down to Sheeze and George.

Don’t underestimate the capacity of an experienced tap Ruckman, which we don’t currently have now

Yes true, Goldie did alot of the hardwork like he did for the last few years, but at the same time look at the stats in that game of Bailey Scott, Simpkin and Eddie Ford, why are they now playing like players the Franga Dolphins would pass on?

Yes true, Goldie did alot of the hardwork like he did for the last few years, but at the same time look at the stats in that game of Bailey Scott, Simpkin and Eddie Ford, why are they now playing like players the Franga Dolphins would pass on?

sid GIF by Ice Age

Well you Giant Mammoth pain up my neck..

Jy is more than likely got some type of concussion related issues, Scott has been moved around positionally to cover other deficiencies and Eddie Ford is an inexperienced player who will be in and out of the team as he develops his game.

The experience level has gone and I’m talking about all the leadership qualities that walked out that door with JZ. Think wat you like about his last couple of years player wise, he still would ha

I may as well give up now; this is going around in circles

this thread is s**t, just random rantings without any substance.

The only other coach I would trust with steering this ship is Dimma and no ******* chance he would touch this mess and ruin his legacy, shitting on clarko who has been fed a s**t sandwich a few times with the racism saga, the list and senior players needs some ******* patience. If we sack him we will cease to exist im almost certain

Clarkson, Sheezel, Larkey and maybe Wardlaw/LDU/Curtis are probably half the reason we get anyone to our games right now

I’ve had a few glasses of Shiraz so please excuse me.

95% of the reason we are as bad as we are has ZERO to do with
Clarko
Jen
Sonja

We had 4 players over 26 play today.

Of which only one 1 (Jy) gets a game at most teams in a the AFL.

What got us into that position happened ALONG time earlier than Clarko, Jen and Sonja.

Ben Buckley
Arch
Brad
Cam Joyce
Luff
Finnigan
Maybe Brady
Maybe Noble
Etc they are the contributors to our current predicament not the current guys.

The blaming of Clarko is ridiculous. As is blaming Sonja and Jen.

Cmon we gotta pull this board together.

Maybe Brady and Noble? Please.

The top 5 guilty parties for this mess would be

Luff
Joyce
Brady
Noble
Finnigan

Honourable mention the two Scotts

Brad and Clayton

Looking at clubs at the top which are doing OK .
Most have had a good injection of players from their Academy & free agency .
Neither we have had any luck in … unless we count Griff & TT who is no longer at the Club … draft & priority picks are not the only answer to get us out of this 💩. The attraction of playing under Clarko has also passed . We do not have the ability to attract good players from other clubs & as we will soon see keep players as well.
We are pretty much in a world of pain for a very long time if we are just relying on draft & crap priority picks . (Fisher & cat Stephens) a good example of the type of players we are capable of attracting. No decent free agent player wants to play in a bottom 2 side for the remainder of their careers.

Clarkson mentioned in his post game that players couldn’t get the angles they want them to make cutting up the ground.

Ok. We’ve got our first kink in the chain which we knew existed. s**t kicks from D50 to the wing….pack your s**t and get the fukccccccccc out.

s**t kicks going inside 50. Pack your s**t. And geeeeeettttt the * out.

If we’re left with a handful of kids with good foot skills. Well it’s better than letting them learn off jy luke and sadly I’m going to have to say this ever since he stopped playing wing, Bailey Scott.

I don't understand Clarkson's team selection and why we keep playing the same players that just stink it up week after week. I'm certainly not seeing the improvement in our young list that other clubs are and haven't seen it for a long time. I'm not sure what our gameplan is trying to achieve and why our players seemingly have no desire to compete each week. The shinboner is long dead and buried so those at the club should stop using that term until they are capable of living and breathing it. This is all on Clarko imo.

BUT, I think getting rid of Clarko right now would be the worst thing we could possibly do. After several years of coaching merry go rounds, we absolutely need a period of stability right now and the players, especially our more experienced ones, need to put up or shut up. Besides, I can't think of anyone worthy that would put their hand up right now.

But something has to start to change soon from a team selection matter because playing the same old failures week in, week out serves nothing positive for our culture going forward. These changes need to start at the top.

Clarko has at least next season up his sleeve before I would even consider any change. But in saying that, it’s a complete mystery to me what’s going on with this team. We were more than competitive at stages last season and while we know the progress is not always linear, I certainly didn’t expect to find us totally uncompetitive against ALL opposition this season. I thought the days of having zero hope going into games were very much behind us since the Noble tenure ended. Yet here we are, out of games before half time every bloody week.

Something is very wrong between the four walls of this club. It’s not even list management issue as I’m 100% convinced that the team is more than capable of winning 4-6 games at a minimum.

We’ve only lost TT, Mckay and Goldy from our best 22 since last season. Our assistant coaches are seemingly better this season.

WTF is going on over there would be my only question for the Q&A this week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looking at clubs at the top which are doing OK .
Most have had a good injection of players from their Academy & free agency .
Neither we have had any luck in … unless we count Griff & TT who is no longer at the Club … draft & priority picks are not the only answer to get us out of this 💩. The attraction of playing under Clarko has also passed . We do not have the ability to attract good players from other clubs & as we will soon see keep players as well.
We are pretty much in a world of pain for a very long time if we are just relying on draft & crap priority picks . (Fisher & cat Stephens) a good example of the type of players we are capable of attracting. No decent free agent player wants to play in a bottom 2 side for the remainder of their careers.
So Ross and this is a serious question I have sacked Clarko and put you in charge. Given you 3 years to make finals What steps are you taking to do this. Jokes aside how or what would you do step by step will be fine. Remember 3 years to make finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back