Bye bye Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

He clearly has scars from the Hawthorn racism saga. He is not the Clarko we hired & are paying $1M a year for .
My prediction is he will step aside before seasons end & pass the mantle to an assistant due to mental health . (Which I don’t blame him) guilty or not on what occurred at the Hawks. The investigation was sapping for him.
He’s done with Footy in this capacity. Unfortunately thru no fault of our own we purchased “damaged goods” .
I think this is the most likely scenario as to Clarko's current state of mind and what will happen at season's end, or even at the bye.

He took a year off from football after a couple of bad season's at Hawthorn as by his own admission, he was cooked. The racism saga just completely nullified and then some his mental wellness and now he just doesn't have the fire. Which is what we need and deserve given the way the players are giving on game day.

Just doesn't have the energy to bring the fist through walls anger we need.

Stay the course.

We can't keep getting rid of coaches every 2 years.
That’s for sure but show some ******* energy and true competitiveness. What they’ve dished up is totally unacceptable. All excuses aside age inexperience ect . Just be ******* Competitive and give us some satisfaction.

Fails to get the players up and about. Motivation is low.

Why dont the players care coach?
Because they’re soft as butter . Maybe we should do like the Carlton supporters did but the players would probably cry . People have just had enough of this soft crap .

So who plays CHF this week weird Al clarkovic.

I don't think it worked with the long bombs to Greenheads. I was surprised that it didn't.
7 goals for the game, there are some things you can control and plenty you can't.
I'd focus on what you can fwiw. If you bought over Pinks and Nuyon at least play one of them, as it seems strange to have them at the club otherwise. Now I know both aren't remotely AfL standard. Blind drunk Freddie could see that.

But you think Comben is making a difference, our opponents are averaging near forty scoring shots per game. ******* forty. And I,d love to know how many start from an easy mark in our fwd line. I rate Larkey but he isn't a strong pack mark.

Wouldn't it be better if we had someone who can bring the ball to ground and at least allow a contest in our fwd line.

I don't think it worked with the long bombs to Greenheads. I was surprised that it didn't.
7 goals for the game, there are some things you can control and plenty you can't.
I'd focus on what you can fwiw. If you bought over Pinks and Nuyon at least play one of them, as it seems strange to have them at the club otherwise. Now I know both aren't remotely AfL standard. Blind drunk Freddie could see that.

But you think Comben is making a difference, our opponents are averaging near forty scoring shots per game. ******* forty. And I,d love to know how many start from an easy mark in our fwd line. I rate Larkey but he isn't a strong pack mark.

Wouldn't it be better if we had someone who can bring the ball to ground and at least allow a contest in our fwd line.
Logic says Pink was left out because of the conditions. Greenshit was brought into as he mighta been a little more agile around the contest. Which he kind of was in a shitmen way.

It's been abundantly clear from Rd 1 and particularly so given Zurhaar hasn't fired a shot all year (not that it is fair to have him as the 2nd tall either). I don't care who it is, they need to rotate through whatever player taller than 190 they have until they find someone that can demand the ball in the forward line. They also need to plonk a fast small there, again, don't care who that is but we leak goals from our fwd line. A month ago I'd have happily had Wardlaw forward but he's close to our most effective mid at the moment so it will have to be someone - anyone - else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New coach brings new hope , new game plan , new motivation & a sugar hit which right everyone needs .
True - but the last 3 didn't change a thing in that regard. I get your point and am a little worried about Clarko and our total lack of improvement is distressing. But right now we need stability. Give Clarko more time. I'm uneasy - but its the best option we have right now.

In January the coaches and players selected these 6 players as our leaders. Simpkin, McDonald, Larkey, Scott, Coor and Sheezel.

• 4 of these players would not get a game in a top 8 side, and would be in the 2nds to finish out there contract with no chance of a renewal.
  • Only one of these players deserves to remain in the leadership group and he has a #3 on his back. He should pick a VC and a DVC to take the club forward.
  • The 70 goal forward who is getting a flopping and whinging reputation with umpires is not showing leadership. Turn the attitude around right know.
  • The defensive leader yells at his team mates to try and cover his incompetence. We should assign his role to a water bottle carrier. They would be more effective.
Start here on field, and then apply the same off field to see who is not up to leadership. They can go if they don’t have it. This is all we need at this time. Genuine leadership.
Everything you said is %100 correct

When Chris Scott took over as Geelong's coach he fluked a premiership in his first year by inheriting a Ferrari of a playing list. It then took him 10 years of stability and patience to win the next one.

There are no quick fixes when we are in the position we're in.
It's not about winning a Premiership. It's about effort, improvement, open and honest discussion - all of which the club has shown none of.

I believe I can comfortably talk for most NM supporter in saying we don't expect to win a Premiership in the next, 12, 18 or 24 months, but what we do expect is not to have the thought in the back of our mind of 'Are we the next Fitzroy'.
We are entering dangerous territory of being a stain on the AFL, coupled with a small supporter base, it paints a dangerous picture.

Winning wallpapers over almost everything, we have won 12 games since 2020, the wall is falling down, the roof has caved in, the foundations cracked - at what point does the AFL go, 'heck it, not worth renovating it, knock it down and build something shiny new'.

Said it last week

We need a CHF

Please, you can’t be serious?! Sugar hit!! Really? 🤮
I feel pity for Ross. He’s clearly demonstrated that he hasn’t got the intellectual capacity or intestinal fortitude to ride out the current period that’s going to exist for another 20-30 games before it starts to turn.

He’d rather a sugar hit than laying a foundation for sustainable success. One of the first steps is allowing young talented players to develop to the point where they can compete against seasoned AFL bodies and that step will take time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back