Bye Bye (Paul) Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked, subscribed, and hit the bell.

Signing off on the rebuild and then ******* off to Hawaii looks to have been a ******* curse for us. The rumour someone posted about Noble, in the weeks before his sacking, sounding out Leon Cameron for an advisor/mentor type role is an absolute indictment on Roos if true. I defended him a lot last year but now I just seethe over his tenure with us.

go away gtfo GIF

Has made an art form out of assessing the smell of his own farts and selling that to clubs for years. Never rated him. Scraped a premiership in the dourest of AFL era's with a team built entirely off the back of head office gifts.

Has made an art form out of assessing the smell of his own farts and selling that to clubs for years. Never rated him. Scraped a premiership in the dourest of AFL era's with a team built entirely off the back of head office gifts.
Will Arnett Burn GIF by NETFLIX

You guys have no idea. This has been perfect planning by Roos. He knew a Priority Pick was the likely scenario that would lead to a premiership. If we were going to bottom out we didn't want to just be ok again for another 10 years, he knew we needed a couple of super stars and a PP was the best chance to achieve this. So Roos instilled a guy he knew would fail, giving us the PP, he ****ed off to US so he couldn't help out, and all along he knew Clarkson would be waiting there for us. Its no coincidence that both Roos and Clarko spend so much time in the US.

Roos has played the AFL, and you guys, superbly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys have no idea. This has been perfect planning by Roos. He knew a Priority Pick was the likely scenario that would lead to a premiership. If we were going to bottom out we didn't want to just be ok again for another 10 years, he knew we needed a couple of super stars and a PP was the best chance to achieve this. So Roos instilled a guy he knew would fail, giving us the PP, he *ed off to US so he couldn't help out, and all along he knew Clarkson would be waiting there for us. Its no coincidence that both Roos and Clarko spend so much time in the US.

Interesting. I'd suggest that there would be cheaper ways to get a PP - I was available to coach for starters.

Am I wrong but don't we hire his leadership consultancy firm and not necessarily Roos nowadays (or is it both)? It was his business partner Gerard Murphy that was running the leadership program at the club (which is equally as unimpressive) with Roos as a cameo, ideally we need to dump the firm too.

Incidentally this article mentions the firm being brought in by Noble but doesn't mention that Paul Roos is a co-founder (makes you wonder how much cash we've sent to Roos).

Am I wrong but don't we hire his leadership consultancy firm and not necessarily Roos nowadays (or is it both)? It was his business partner Gerard Murphy that was running the leadership program at the club (which is equally as unimpressive) with Roos as a cameo, ideally we need to dump the firm too.

Incidentally this article mentions the firm being brought in by Noble but doesn't mention that Paul Roos is a co-founder (makes you wonder how much cash we've sent to Roos).

Either way I don’t think the “leadership” has really improved with the “assistance” from Roos or his firm.

Cut ties immediately. Spend the money on a side of beef and a couple of cartons, at least that would have some benefit

This is shonky as.

You guys have no idea. This has been perfect planning by Roos. He knew a Priority Pick was the likely scenario that would lead to a premiership. If we were going to bottom out we didn't want to just be ok again for another 10 years, he knew we needed a couple of super stars and a PP was the best chance to achieve this. So Roos instilled a guy he knew would fail, giving us the PP, he *ed off to US so he couldn't help out, and all along he knew Clarkson would be waiting there for us. Its no coincidence that both Roos and Clarko spend so much time in the US.

I think “he’s a charlatan” is more accurate but I’m impressed with your imagination

Either way I don’t think the “leadership” has really improved with the “assistance” from Roos or his firm.

Cut ties immediately. Spend the money on a side of beef and a couple of cartons, at least that would have some benefit
Side of beef....

User name checks out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back