Bye bye tony

Remove this Banner Ad

The appointment has been met with a fair bit of skepticism over there too, what money he couldn't land a private sector gig in Australia? I guess we'll find ourselves in the unique position of a former PM having to register as being an agent of another country, it certainly raises the question of where his loyalties lay in the first place?

Congratulations on quoting the dumbest political article I've ever seen. If 25 years as an MP, 6 years as a cabinet minister, 2 years as prime minister, makes him a 'failed politician' what does that make Anthony Albanese and Bill Shorten?

Nick Cohen is a shithouse journalist, clearly offended at the plebs not voting his prefered way on Brexit and the US elections.

As a duel citizen, you are a complete hypocrite. Where do your loyalties lie? Maybe it doesn't matter so much for nuffies.

Congratulations on quoting the dumbest political article I've ever seen.
This is a surefire way of knowing it's worth a read.
If 25 years as an MP, 6 years as a cabinet minister, 2 years as prime minister, makes him a 'failed politician' what does that make Anthony Albanese and Bill Shorten?
If quantity is all we are worried about, by virtue of spending over a decade each in politics, all of Albanese, Shorten and Abbott have had a pretty decent time of it.

It's weird LNP supporters would have an upbeat view of Abbott given he did everything he possibly could do bring down the party after the made the right call in getting rid of him. And he would have succeeded if not for a terribly run campaign from Bill Shorten. Not a team player at all is one Anthony Abbott.

Abbott may have managed to claim the PM role after the ALP fell into a state of disrepair several years back but this scoreboard is not so flattering.
Unsuccessful PM Campaigns: Albanese 0, Shorten 1, Abbott 1
Knifed as leader of his party: Albanese 0, Shorten 0, Abbott 1

Last edited:
It doesn’t matter who you are, it matters what you believe.

Tony is a rusted on social conservative, lines up with boris’s worldview and will be gagging to get the the Anglosphere together.

boris is way to the left of Tony, but isequally as ineffective. I guess when tony returns the aus govt will arange it so he also bypasses the backlog our federal government have cause wit their crazy 35 people per plane policy. You couldn’t make this s**t up. Their only conviction seems to be to sell out to the highest bidder

was reading about a family now sleeping on lilos in their uk accommodation but their two cats are already on the way home

Last edited:

Congratulations on quoting the dumbest political article I've ever seen. If 25 years as an MP, 6 years as a cabinet minister, 2 years as prime minister, makes him a 'failed politician' what does that make Anthony Albanese and Bill Shorten?

Nick Cohen is a shithouse journalist, clearly offended at the plebs not voting his prefered way on Brexit and the US elections.

As a duel citizen, you are a complete hypocrite. Where do your loyalties lie? Maybe it doesn't matter so much for nuffies.

Richard Colbeck has spent all bar two years of this century in parliament and he’s not got his head around the most basic aspects of his portfolio. Longevity is not competence.

Abbott was a horrendous PM.

It doesn’t matter who you are, it matters what you believe.

Tony is a rusted on social conservative, lines up with boris’s worldview and will be gagging to get the the Anglosphere together.

3rd part there sounds like what the world needs.

Certainly better than religious fanaticism or Chinese military expansion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke to a cavalcade of texts from British friends wanting to know if Abbott is really that bad. Brexit was the biggest own goal I've ever seen and in Abbott I assured then they have someone who knows how to proper f*** things up and will finish the job off perfectly for them.
A single word reply would have sufficed - "yes". ;)

Where’s that thread predicting Abbott would eventually become a very successful and popular Prime Minister?

Man that was funny.
From memory it was a Dan26 thread. A BF classic.

Let's not forget that Tones was a hero of GuruJane as well. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back