Roast Bye week

helen-lovejoy-wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-players-welfare.jpg

The BF board has been a bit like the off season this last week. Not much to read ... especially as I've banned (rescued) myself from the Jong-Toyd-Shiggs threads.
Needs a bit of creativity. The most interesting thread has been the "Be a rebel" thread.

I logged on thurs evening at 6:30 to find out this week's team selection :-/

When I realised my mistake I was so enraged with embarrassment and frustration I jumped in my car, drove to afl headquarters and threw my iPad at gillon mclachlans car parking space smashing it into a million pieces. Then I invoiced him for a new iPad.

Every fule knows byes are just for the week before finals

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
Took the opportunity to watch a few other games this weekend, and learnt.....

1. Hawthorn are in for a veeeery long rebuild.
2. #freekickbulldogs has nothing on #freekickgeelong
3. Adelaide are the new West Coast - flat track bullies
4. West Coast are still West Coast - Wimps Coming East
5. Shannon Hurn is the new Nathan G Brown. Browny "celebrated" a draw. Hurn "protected" a 3 point deficit by short passing with 45 seconds left.

Feb 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Falcons, Hawks, Braves
Took the opportunity to watch a few other games this weekend, and learnt.....

1. Hawthorn are in for a veeeery long rebuild.
2. #freekickbulldogs has nothing on #freekickgeelong
3. Adelaide are the new West Coast - flat track bullies
4. West Coast are still West Coast - Wimps Coming East
5. Shannon Hurn is the new Nathan G Brown. Browny "celebrated" a draw. Hurn "protected" a 3 point deficit by short passing with 45 seconds left.

The Hurn thing was a massive WTF moment. Was watching the game on Fox and wondering if he thought the Eagles were up or if they had 2-3 mins on the clock. Something went horribly wrong there.

Iamspock

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well at least a couple of the game results went our way, so not much damage done to our top eight position. We must win next week to jump back into the top 4. I think only Port Adelaide are the only team above us playing next weekend?

watch the 85. 92. 97, 98, 08, 09, 10, 16 prelims in a row

then watch the 2016 GF and you'll feel good :cool:

Last edited:

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The BF board has been a bit like the off season this last week. Not much to read ... especially as I've banned (rescued) myself from the Jong-Toyd-Shiggs threads.
Needs a bit of creativity. The most interesting thread has been the "Be a rebel" thread.
Yeah,great thread that bulldog rebel one ;)

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
The good news is that it is common knowledge that a bye week favors the Dogs in a very big way while at the same time it hinders all other AFL teams. I have no doubt at this time that we will win at least the next four games just on that fact alone.:):):):)

I can't believe the AFL even let us have a bye again this year. It's so unfair to the other teams.

I went to the Norf - Tuggers game. Jarrad Waite Norfed it up with his dinky miss in front of goal. Higgins was at his pointing best. A draw would have been the best result but I guess we have to earn our top 4 spot. At least we have another game against Norf.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in the banter thread, we perform well after a bye. We smashed Brisbane after a bye in 2015, and beat both Sydney and West Coast interstate after a bye last year when we were significant underdogs.

Hopefully the trend continues.

Back