Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
Operation Ashes - The highlights
  • A late September start for the Sheffield Shield
  • A Shield round and at least two Marsh Cup rounds for each state before Australia leave to attend the T20 World Cup.
  • Five Shield rounds before the opening Test of the summer, an inaugural clash against Afghanistan in Hobart from November 27.
  • Six Shield rounds ahead of the first Ashes Test at the Gabba
  • A possible Australia A v England A four-day match at Brisbane’s Ian Healy Oval proposed to run concurrently with the first Ashes Test, which would ensure more first class cricket for Test hopefuls.
Now that wasn't hard CA. We purists have been calling for more red ball Test prep so seems CA is finally listening to the cricket punter. Greg Chappell has been pleading for some time for additional home and away A series. We need to extend our depth more to keep up with India and England.

Last edited:

Suggestions out of the UK that unless Australia eases its restrictions for families travelling with players, we may see an England B squad out here for the Ashes.

Suggestions out of the UK that unless Australia eases its restrictions for families travelling with players, we may see an England B squad out here for the Ashes.
Hey, if they don't want the Ashes, we'll take em. If they want to be whitewashed by the worst Australian test side in living memory, that's entirely their choice to make.

I'll start on the popcorn.

Good, that will 3 Ashes series in a row down here that they haven't won a test in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of CA, Trevor Hohns is reportedly stepping down as chief selector.

tenor.gif

People want their team to win and win well. It's not that shocking.

Speaking of CA, Trevor Hohns is reportedly stepping down as chief selector.
Liked this from Lalor.
The worst job in Australia is up for grabs with Trevor Hohns confirming he will not continue as chief cricket selector now that his contract has run out.

Having lived in England for 10 years, I can assure you this so far from the truth. Most English people don't think about Australia at all.
No English cricket fan I have ever met doesn't want them to win, and win well, against us.

After all, do you get sick of West Coast beating Freo?

I don't care about Freo. Same with the English, they really don't care about Australia.
Fair enough. Plenty, like me, take the opposite view though. Mostly because it is against England, who are our biggest rival in cricket historically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back