News Carlton parts ways with Cain Liddle - Post #400

Remove this Banner Ad

What other areas? Can you share, I’m genuinely keen to know.

Edit: I like the bloke, not being a smarty pants.

Considering its very hard to distinguish where the boards influence stops and where the CEOs start, its difficult but. The clubs financial position as evident in the profits announced before Christmas was a massive endorsement of the CEO and the club, revenue is up and debt is going down a lot faster than expected, with an increase in spending by the football department.

Off field additions this off season have been very good but as i said, im not sure who's responsible for what.

Had a few last night.. there you go

Tbh when I look at him I see someone hellbent on trying to further their career. (Could say the same for C Judd) Definitely not getting the vibes of a true Carlton man. Just gut feel may be very wrong. Think he’s doing a reasonable job however.

Point still stands it is an emotional business, do all administrators need to be “true Carlton men” no. But I still think that perception of them is important.

And yet there are some who insist he's "that Richmond bloke" or has loyalties to Richmond players that are impacting on his behaviour at Carlton.

Amazing how people see what they expect to see.

Considering its very hard to distinguish where the boards influence stops and where the CEOs start, its difficult but. The clubs financial position as evident in the profits announced before Christmas was a massive endorsement of the CEO and the club, revenue is up and debt is going down a lot faster than expected, with an increase in spending by the football department.

Off field additions this off season have been very good but as i said, im not sure who's responsible for what.
Giving all the credit to one person is as dangerous as blaming one person when things go wrong.

Takes a village to run a footy club properly, just gotta hope the Chief listens and gives directions while leaving the peasants to do the grunt work. Can’t be in all places at once, or you just end up ******* up multiple areas and helping none.

I thought it was worth revisiting this thread. The critics of our CEO have gone strangely silent. Butler looms as a key figure in our upcoming match against the saints. I think it is fair to say that our CEO knew what he was doing trying to get Dan over to the blues.

I have to say that I was only luke warm about Butler myself, but I recognised at the time that perhaps our CEO knew just a bit more about Dan, his character and his abilities than me. Looks like Cain knows what he is doing.

I thought it was worth revisiting this thread. The critics of our CEO have gone strangely silent. Butler looms as a key figure in our upcoming match against the saints. I think it is fair to say that our CEO knew what he was doing trying to get Dan over to the blues.

I have to say that I was only luke warm about Butler myself, but I recognised at the time that perhaps our CEO knew just a bit more about Dan, his character and his abilities than me. Looks like Cain knows what he is doing.

The player at the centre of our recruiting blow up was Brandon Ellis, not Dan Butler.

I don't think it is worth bumping to call out critics. For most, the reason for their criticism still remains and that is getting involved in an area of the club, he had no experience in.

The player at the centre of our recruiting blow up was Brandon Ellis, not Dan Butler.

I don't think it is worth bumping to call out critics. For most, the reason for their criticism still remains and that is getting involved in an area of the club, he had no experience in.

I was under the impression that Liddle wanted to get Butler as well.

I was under the impression that Liddle wanted to get Butler as well.

I think that was just one of the possible small forwards in the wind. Not sure it had anything to do with Liddle. We had Betts, Gray, Butler and Papley as possibles. Once it was established we were getting Betts and Papley was our number one target, Butler was unlikely.

The thing with Butler I remembered is that SOS said during trade week, he wasn't on our radar, while Agresta kept the option open in an interview the next morning.

Agresta wanted Butler.

Liddle wanted Ellis

Teague wanted Betts

Silvagni wanted Martin/Papley.

The order I wanted them:

Papley
Martin
Betts
Butler
Ellis

Shame we missed on Papley but I'm looking forward to see how Kemp goes and also the continued development of Philp.

The order I wanted them:

Papley
Martin
Betts
Butler
Ellis

Shame we missed on Papley but I'm looking forward to see how Kemp goes and also the continued development of Philp.

Agree that Papley was my #1 also, hopefully he is open to trying his luck again in asking for a trade this year. His girlfriend has moved back to Melbourne so I think it’s probably going to play out again.

It might be a Bryce Gibbs scenario where Sydney realise that they will need to let him walk this time around but will be better compensated after the year Of improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agresta wanted Butler.

Liddle wanted Ellis

Teague wanted Betts

Silvagni wanted Martin/Papley.
At least the correct ones got their way, for the most part until Dodoro went rogue ... again

Sometime you read a post and feel like your having your chain tugged

Interview with Liddle
I’m sorry, enough is enough from our CEO wanting to speak to the media about football. We have a head of football, a list manager and a National recruiting manager yet our CEO can’t help himself getting involved in football matters. I get a sense he loves the media and can’t keep his nose out of football. Not sure there are to many other CEO’s who would do an interview with Cal Twoomey. It’s time the president pulls him into one. Out of control!!!

I’m sorry, enough is enough from our CEO wanting to speak to the media about football. We have a head of football, a list manager and a National recruiting manager yet our CEO can’t help himself getting involved in football matters. I get a sense he loves the media and can’t keep his nose out of football. Not sure there are to many other CEO’s who would do an interview with Cal Twoomey. It’s time the president pulls him into one. Out of control!!!

Did you listen to it? The series is going to be Twomey talking to club CEOs.

Hahahahaha

Keep an eye out for the next in the series

You do realise that the CEO is often the mouthpiece for the club.
There is absolutely no crime in him being able to speak on behalf of others, outside his scope of expertise.
If Liddle doesn't understand the machinations within the club he's charged in overseeing, then maybe it's time for another CEO.

You do realise that the CEO is often the mouthpiece for the club.
There is absolutely no crime in him being able to speak on behalf of others, outside his scope of expertise.
If Liddle doesn't understand the machinations within the club he's charged in overseeing, then maybe it's time for another CEO.
Not to mention, if MLG is not a good public talker, perhaps we need a more presentable CEO to complement him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back