Toast Cain Liddle

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we took him just to PO caro after she bagged us out for the way we pulled the trigger on our last CEO just quitely.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 years at Richmond before his promotions this year, but worked his way through an MBA, AISC accreditation and is doing a doctorate thesis on strategic foresight in elite sporting organisations... nice.

Liddle's first task will be to interview the Carlton board for a chapter of his doctorate called

Not so professional sports: A case study of how dysfunctional leadership, short-term thinking and an egotistical, in-fighting board can destroy a once-proud professional sporting organisation.

Interesting, it's a bit of a jump as compared to the usual sideways CEO or COO/CFO appointments. Resume reads well though, good luck Cain :thumbsu:

I'm really happy
Chosen on merit and needs
I want to be a powerhouse club again and I'm glad we have someone with both a footy mind and also commercial success
Great times ahead
Go cfc
Go Liam Jones

Great appointment IMO. I know nothing about this guy but if he is a key part of Richmond's turn around then we should embrace him. Our membership continues to be embarrassing considering our huge supporter base and hopefully Craig plays a key role in restoring us to being the biggest club in Melbourne.

Like others I know Liddle of him but what pleases me is that he is another appointment we've made where we have looked at our needs and chosen accordingly.

Glad we are continuing to resist the urge to go with messiahs.

It's such an important position. I hope he is the right fit.

Congrats on the appointment .
Will be interesting too see if he can lift your membership numbers ,he did a good job with us .
Hopefully we can have some more interesting battles on the field than we've had over the last few years .

Any idea if there is anything to the scuttlebutt about him taking credit for the work of others or is he generally highly regarded at Richmond?

I feel he would have been asked specifics in his interview and has clearly outlined how he would improve our numbers.

Edit: Although, I do note you don't think he can lift our membership.

Will be interesting too see if he can lift the scums membership like he has ours .
I doubt he will have the same success ,we are a lot more rusted on than the scum supporters .

;)

Last edited:
I wonder if the lethlean " leaks" we're a great smoke screen, or it was used to smoke out the leakers!??!

Either way, looks like a great appointment

Knowing the AFL as we do, I reckon it is more likely SL is who we were told we should appoint.

That's how Trigg got the job and how Swann landed at Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to him. Always a shame to lose good people, but it's the nature of the beast that moving up often means moving clubs.

Can't say I know much about him, but he's been at the club long enough, and been promoted, so you'd have to assume Richmond rated him.

Having had many work related dealings with him over the years I am curious to see how he goes. Had a bit of a reputation for taking credit for others work but I guess now we will find out if that was/wasn't the case.

Could be argued that he has taken a lot of credit for ideas previously. Also well known to have a boys club he takes with him everywhere so I expect a few blokes from Richmond to follow suit in the next 12-24 months.
Boys club doesn't sound great but can you give a little more insight on the rumours regarding this?

Was it a case of another's idea iterated on and then he didn't give them due credit when bonuses/performance reviews/promotions came up, or something else?

What date does he start?
Monday.

I wonder if the lethlean " leaks" we're a great smoke screen, or it was used to smoke out the leakers!??!

Either way, looks like a great appointment

Maybe we were genuinely considering him at one point, and he was close to being appointed? I mean, didn't Barass say he'd be our new CEO? It must've been pretty close to the truth if Barass said it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back