Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_X

Rookie
Sep 18, 2007
in the region
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well, well, well, would I be right in thinking that 'the good judge' and 'Mr X' may in fact be the same person? Would it be the same person we think it might be? Mmm something doesn't quite add up there.
Has it also come out that the 'assistant' may had also done some terribly unscrupulas dealings whilst still maintaining a possition at the tigers and having already done a deal behind closed doors with another club?
wake up and smell the coffee your not as smart as you think you are!

I'm not aware of these dealing? Perhaps you could enlighten me?

I am very much on the fence about this topic. I was merely offering my opinion based on the facts that have been presented. If you have more facts, I would love to hear them.

Also, if we are talking in reference to intelligence, position only has 1 s, not two.

tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters
Ok guys back to some proper footy talk. Who have clubs lost and gained since last season?

Well no secret in the fact Souths have lost 14 from the 22 that played in the Senior grand final

......but .....

some new faces have been seen around the club as well as ones returning from elsewhere

major fact ..... will still be in the top mix come Sept.

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
losing half your grand final side and still be in the mix? must have recruited well down Souths if thats the case. Saints have lost maybe 6-8 of last years premiership side but have recruited quite well and should be there abouts again this year. Obviously Coatsworth is a major in for the club but Matt Walsh's younger brother is also one to watch. He is a big unit and i reckon it might bring out the best in Matt having him in the side. Looking for Walshy to crack the ton this year. Watch out

tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters
losing half your grand final side and still be in the mix? must have recruited well down Souths if thats the case. Saints have lost maybe 6-8 of last years premiership side but have recruited quite well and should be there abouts again this year. Obviously Coatsworth is a major in for the club but Matt Walsh's younger brother is also one to watch. He is a big unit and i reckon it might bring out the best in Matt having him in the side. Looking for Walshy to crack the ton this year. Watch out

Any side having Coats would be very happy

but Matt's younger what position ???

tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters

A lot of players want to be coached by Robbie D, he had a good few back when Souths 16's won back to back to back,
they are coming home plus the new boys coming/here/returning gaining strength

bring on 2010 for all clubs

watsons oval

Senior List
Feb 1, 2010
Cairns
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Cairns Tigers, Liverpool
Norths looking solid without being spectacular, a good core group has been working hard since before chrissy and with a few recruits still to arrive, top 4 is a definite and realistic goal. Rumour and here-say around the club is that Saints still strong, Centrals and Souths to come back to the pack a bit while Port to be the big improvers, Cobras talking themselves up and not much said about Hawks.
With regards to the Love situation, in my opinion, this is the No.1 (but not only) reason for our struggles. Sponsors, and therefore cash, are very hard to come by: as soon as North Cairns are mentioned, so is the fight. Is it just a coincidence we are one of the only clubs in town without a naming rights sponsor?

Apache Cat

Draftee
Feb 11, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Lachrilly Re: Cairns AFL
Josh Walsh is about 6'3, 6'4 so CHF would be an assumed possie but im not the coach so have to wait and see on that 1.

I have witnessed Josh Walsh play footy down & if Saints are boasting him as a key recruit they must struggling. Good size but has something that is very hard breed out of a footballer. A very small ticker.

Glen Quagmire

Debutant
Nov 21, 2007
Werribee
AFL Club
Geelong
Lachrilly Re: Cairns AFL
Josh Walsh is about 6'3, 6'4 so CHF would be an assumed possie but im not the coach so have to wait and see on that 1.

I have witnessed Josh Walsh play footy down & if Saints are boasting him as a key recruit they must struggling. Good size but has something that is very hard breed out of a footballer. A very small ticker.

Apache Cat a little rich coming from a guy who obviously runs around in the two's if you were able to watch Josh play. Josh played senior footy for Redan in their premiership year before getting injured. Hasn't played for 3 years so could be anything. Just wait and see I guess.

Lachrilly how are the saints looking? Tamba sounds promising for souths. Recruited any forwards / Key forwards. See Kane Ubergang from centrals has gone to port. Port finished well last season and by adding a few quality recruits like this could be the team to beat. Any word on how the cobras are actually going?

tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters
Apache Cat a little rich coming from a guy who obviously runs around in the two's if you were able to watch Josh play. Josh played senior footy for Redan in their premiership year before getting injured. Hasn't played for 3 years so could be anything. Just wait and see I guess.

Lachrilly how are the saints looking? Tamba sounds promising for souths. Recruited any forwards / Key forwards. See Kane Ubergang from centrals has gone to port. Port finished well last season and by adding a few quality recruits like this could be the team to beat. Any word on how the cobras are actually going?

Fairly certain Kane went to Port as assistant coach

Port blooded a lot of their younger squad last year so will have a very stable, oiled machine with some new faces in the mix they will be a force

This year should be the closest the comp. has been for a awhile

Think Cobras have recruited 3 or 4 from Tassie

.....but have named two senior coaches

dont know how that will work but have to wait and see

Apache Cat

Draftee
Feb 11, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Apache Cat a little rich coming from a guy who obviously runs around in the two's if you were able to watch Josh play. Josh played senior footy for Redan in their premiership year before getting injured. Hasn't played for 3 years so could be anything. Just wait and see I guess. quote]

Wish i could run around in the twos but this wheel chair makes it a little difficult. I think you'll find Josh mainly played reserves football during his time at Redan. He did play the first half season in the seniors during a premiership year & was fully fit for last 5 or 6 games but couldnt get back in. Will be a good 3rd or 4th string ruckman until the going gets tough then will probably dominate in the 2's.

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool

numbers have been great at the saints glen and with still a numbers of players to start training spots will be as hard to get as your knee through a small gap in the fence

No Heart

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Collingwood
Whats the go at Souths,after a major incident last year to do with players screwing mates girlfreinds and players punching on at the pub for all to see, rumour has it it has happened again this year all ready and players have left, Tamba is this true and whats the go ?????

Poiderr

Senior List
May 1, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whats the go at Souths,after a major incident last year to do with players screwing mates girlfreinds and players punching on at the pub for all to see, rumour has it it has happened again this year all ready and players have left, Tamba is this true and whats the go ?????

Alls good at the Cutters this year, keep stirring that pot and you will find that the s**t in it is what coming out of your mouth... nice try..:D

Fretwell Park

Debutant
Nov 7, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
there has not been a lot of talk about hawks ,who is new coach and any new recruits

Beware of the mighty Hawks in season 2010, with players like Wllly Allick, Jamie Scryamgour, Dwayne Weetra, and the 5 players coming over from the NT, im expecting the Hawks to be there abouts. Kev Rundle is going around again and with Big Dick now the president all is going forward.

Great hit out for the boys from Fretwell park last week numbers at training have been great, as Tamba mentioned yes we have lost a few but we are picking some handy players up and looking forward to the season.Rumour has it Tamba there was a drunk Penguin at the club last week, Zoo [ Sue ] keepers where called to take our little slippery freind away.

Apache Cat

Draftee
Feb 11, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Has anyone got any info on the rumour of Ehlich from Norths going to Hawks? Also has Richter signed anywhere yet? i've heard he's still talking to a couple of clubs & yet to make a decission but may be influenced by his Tassie mates & where they decide to play?

tamba

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2007
In my MAN Cave
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
South Cairns Cutters
Beware of the mighty Hawks in season 2010, with players like Wllly Allick, Jamie Scryamgour, Dwayne Weetra, and the 5 players coming over from the NT, im expecting the Hawks to be there abouts. Kev Rundle is going around again and with Big Dick now the president all is going forward.

Great hit out for the boys from Fretwell park last week numbers at training have been great, as Tamba mentioned yes we have lost a few but we are picking some handy players up and looking forward to the season.Rumour has it Tamba there was a drunk Penguin at the club last week, Zoo [ Sue ] keepers where called to take our little slippery freind away.

Unfortunately, it wasn't him, he was slumming it at Palm Cove on the beach during the week trying to do some whale watching, poor misguided fellow he was told this was the time to see them. season is well over.

Fretwell ......I hear a ruckman in his Batman suit did an injury , while entertaining all and sundry again ,cotton wool for him

redcard

Draftee
Feb 23, 2010
cairns
AFL Club
GWS
Has anyone got any info on the rumour of Ehlich from Norths going to Hawks? Also has Richter signed anywhere yet? i've heard he's still talking to a couple of clubs & yet to make a decission but may be influenced by his Tassie mates & where they decide to play?
heard the rumour on ehlich to hawks,not sure hawks would want him at club.as he has clear discipline issue,as the hawks would no,when playing agaist them last year he singly handed them the game on a plate.

big fan

Draftee
Jan 27, 2010
Cairns
AFL Club
Hawthorn
heard the rumour on ehlich to hawks,not sure hawks would want him at club.as he has clear discipline issue,as the hawks would no,when playing agaist them last year he singly handed them the game on a plate.

Lucas has decided to play at Manunda, for his own personal reasons(although he is yet to be cleared as there is the matter of the sign on fee he accepted).
As far as his discipline goes he had a very frustrating year at Norths last year(not that thats an excuse) I think in perhaps a stronger side his frustration might not boil over quite so often.
If he had decided to stay at norths this season I think he would of found himself in a more competetive side and might have enjoyed his season a lot more.
Lucas will be more than welcome back at the tigers next year if thats what he decides to do.

Apache Cat

Draftee
Feb 11, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Lucas has decided to play at Manunda, for his own personal reasons(although he is yet to be cleared as there is the matter of the sign on fee he accepted).
As far as his discipline goes he had a very frustrating year at Norths last year(not that thats an excuse) I think in perhaps a stronger side his frustration might not boil over quite so often.
If he had decided to stay at norths this season I think he would of found himself in a more competetive side and might have enjoyed his season a lot more.
Lucas will be more than welcome back at the tigers next year if thats what he decides to do.

Would these personal reasons involve the biggest pay cheque on offer maybe?

Apache Cat

Draftee
Feb 11, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Essendon
Any news on latest recruiting amongst clubs? Was speaking to a couple of Hawks boys last week & they didnt seem too impressed with the club recruiting Ehlic. They said he can certainly play but were worried of the impact his attitude will have on the clubs younger players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back