Recommitted Cale Hooker [retiring]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd hate to see him in another jumper. Didn't he reject a huge Freo offer a few years back to sign with Essendon?
He has refused any idea of leaving every time it's been attempted. Essendon wanted Caddy from Gold Coast, Gold Coast asked for Hooker, the Club tried to trade him – someone was saying it was Bomber and Hird went to his house – he refused to answer the door until the trade period was over. I think it happened twice actually but idr what the other time was.

And then the story about Freo trying to get him as well, although when the suspended players were re-signing in 2016 he was the second one to re-sign and it was early in the year, the week after Buddha (who was first), so I don't think Freo were really much of a chance (there was a story that they went after Hurley and that one seemed much closer to being tempted).

He's heart and soul for Essendon. His retirement speech was really good actually, talking about how much it means to him to be loyal and how much he has enjoyed being part of something bigger than himself etc. If you're curious enough:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back