Cale Morton, is he the best young player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call. Must admit I read your post wrong (even though I quoted it :rolleyes:). Read as kicking sideways. Sorry about that. I've had my coffee now.

But metres gained are metres gained. He could have kicked 50m instead of 20m, for a turnover, but he didnt.

what he is is 18 years old, he will be a superstar in the next 2-3 years

He's really stepped it up this year.

The criticism last year was over his kicking, yet you hear that he's actually an elite kick, and he's showing us that today.

He is a dead set Gem Morton ..

BTW With the above post, cut the kid some slack, he'll learn with those mistakes overtime.

Erm, he's nothing like Palmer.

Didn't watch the game, but fanfooty said he's turning into the next Bowden, which isn't a good sign (and this is coming from a tiggers fan). Any merit to this? As I said, didn't watch the game and he sounds like he's coming along well, but... well?
Could not be further from the truth. They both get alot of the ball, similarities end there.

Morton is ONE of the best young players in the game. He's in the elite group, that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many inside 50's?

Cale's going along very nicely. Pretty amazing considering he's in his 2nd year and just turned 19 this season. People criticizing him should pull there head in. Ofcourse someone that young and inexperienced is going to have flaws in their game. Doesnt change the fact he's clearly one of the best young players going around at the moment.

And for the record, his kicking was fantastic today.

He always has a lot of time when he gets the ball. He's very composed. Being smothered by Hudson was terrible though.

He does need to learn how to be a better short kick though as that can be a bit of a liability.

How many time did he hit up a player who was on the wing, who then ran and kicked it inside 50? About 15 times i would imagine.

He is the link man before the inside 50, so stop trying to use idiotic stats to discredit his fantastic game.

'Matty Scarlett was great today!'

'Oh yeah? How many goals did he kick?':rolleyes:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25489349-19742,00.html

Which is why Melbourne's second-year player Cale Morton is so high on his list.
When Melbourne took Morton at No. 4 in the 2007 national draft, Clayton supposedly had him at No. 1 on his wish list.
Given his stated aim is to have the competition's best player by 2014, Morton would be a priority.
The Melbourne youngster will be hard to shift. He has a bright future with the Demons and also has his two brothers, Mitch and Jarryd, living and playing in Melbourne.

Big warps for the new Bowden.

Although after watching the doggies struggle to beat the last placed Dees coming off beating the struggling Adelaide after 3 straight losses can anyone rate the midget land Dogs team Clayton put together?

Best young kid in the game, bar none.

Already a top 40 player in the AFL, without doubt.

Will be top 5 as early as next year.

hard to argue with his most recent performance what a scorcher

the signs are very good. I would only consider maybe 2 other young midfielders in the league as my preference, as he has an edge over most midfielders in height and endurance which will put extra strings on his bow, and he will play, play, play ;):thumbsu:

Best young kid in the game, bar none.

Already a top 40 player in the AFL, without doubt.

Will be top 5 as early as next year.
:rolleyes:

181789.jpg

181642.jpg

Tell Greg Baum that's a leviathan...

The pack mark that Kreuzer "one grabbed" on the lead and converted for a goal has superstar written all over. it :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back