Recommitted Caleb Daniel [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

One of very few Bulldogs players I'd want.brilliant vision and clean sure disposal. Not as a key back though.

I'd welcome more than a few at the Lions- Bailey Smith, Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards, Toby McLean, Marcus Bontempelli, Jackson Macrae, Lachie Hunter.
Bontempelli gets a game anywhere but we're just not hunting million dollar mids right now.

I do rate Hunter somewhat.

Generally I think the Bulldogs players are overrated. They have quite a few players that look great when things are going well, but dont work hard enough when momentum is against them. I think you'd have to be cautious about importing that.

I laughed today with Daniel being caught one out against Mackay a few times. It just might be he's the only defender committed enough to turn up in the contest though. No-one would be silky eniugh to seek that matchup surely.

Bontempelli gets a game anywhere but we're just not hunting million dollar mids right now.

I do rate Hunter somewhat.

Generally I think the Bulldogs players are overrated. They have quite a few players that look great when things are going well, but dont work hard enough when momentum is against them. I think you'd have to be cautious about importing that.

I laughed today with Daniel being caught one out against Mackay a few times. It just might be he's the only defender committed enough to turn up in the contest though. No-one would be silky eniugh to seek that matchup surely.
Good thing nobody asked, ay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Reid has heart and runs hard in defence. That's two important pluses over most of your list.

You see what you want to see.

Just like everyone else sees you simply can’t have a rational opinion on anything Bulldogs because you are so clouded by hate.

Can't see The Dogs letting him go. If he does leave, you would have to start thinking that Bevo may have lost the players, but Caleb strikes me as the loyal type, who'll be a Bulldog for life.

Who are GWS’ two way midfield runners and who decided not to when Jack Macrae was able to go forward and kick the winning goal in the 2016 prelim?

That has nothing to do with Caleb Daniel.

Keep on topic or go away.

It’s simply nonsensical to suggest he’s played as a key back to try and talk Daniel down.

In modern footy with players in transition someone win good disposal is back as the sweeper. So if a team is looking to switch we get it back to that player.

The catch is if there is a turnover that player is often exposed. And Daniel’s size means it looks worse. In the past Suckling has been that player too, and he’s had goals kicked on him. It doesn’t have the optics of a 167cm player trying to spoil, but it is the same result.

You take the good with the bad with Daniel in that regard. It’s the peril of playing him in defence. His good disposal v his physical limitations.

It’s poor form to bag a team based on that, and shows a very limited understanding of the game. Unless a certain poster is trying to bait a supporter group into a shitfight.

Daniel has had a good year to date and I would hate to see him go. Don’t think he’s likely to leave

It’s simply nonsensical to suggest he’s played as a key back to try and talk Daniel down.

In modern footy with players in transition someone win good disposal is back as the sweeper. So if a team is looking to switch we get it back to that player.

The catch is if there is a turnover that player is often exposed. And Daniel’s size means it looks worse. In the past Suckling has been that player too, and he’s had goals kicked on him. It doesn’t have the optics of a 167cm player trying to spoil, but it is the same result.

You take the good with the bad with Daniel in that regard. It’s the peril of playing him in defence. His good disposal v his physical limitations.

It’s poor form to bag a team based on that, and shows a very limited understanding of the game. Unless a certain poster is trying to bait a supporter group into a shitfight.

Daniel has had a good year to date and I would hate to see him go. Don’t think he’s likely to leave
Leaving Daniel one out against tails is a plan to lose. It just cant happen.

Leaving Daniel one out against tails is a plan to lose. It just cant happen.

We bank on not turning it over. If you think we are deliberately leaving him one out then you just don’t understand.

Our failings up the ground are responsible for him being caught out in that situation

We bank on not turning it over. If you think we are deliberately leaving him one out then you just don’t understand.

Our failings up the ground are responsible for him being caught out in that situation
Ok

You will win very few games this year then. If you can't attack or defend you have no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back