Caleb Daniel's (absolutely enormous) Bandwagon led by the Giant Clydesdales of Glory

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't recall ever seeing a player who controls a loose ball as well as he does. The way he gets it into his hands and holds onto it makes it look like the ball and his hands have a magnetic attraction. It's astonishing.
I know I harp on about this twice a week but I genuinely think he's the cleanest player I've ever witnessed. It is unbelievable how quickly and easily he picks up a ground ball. Even does it at full pace in have congestion, it's just ridiculous

This is the thing - I dont think that the year should be considered in isolation. If a player has demonstrated capacity, and enough evidence, that they are the rising star of the competition then they should win the award.

If not, you get players who have already hit their ceiling in their first year, and who shouldn't be winners. I'm not saying Caleb is that, I certainly dont think he is. Lewy Taylor however.. and that debacle with Bont. This was a situation where everyone would have taken Bont over Taylor on their list but he lost because they restricted their scope to the year in isolation Taylor won.

The award needs to recognise the upper limit potential of players, insofar as they provide enough evidence that they will achieve that upper limit.

They absolutely made the right choice this year. Mills is a star.
Well if that is the thought process then Darcy Moore wins hands down

Can't wait to hear that crowd give that iconic roar every time he goes near the ball.. Hope he gives Sam Mitchell a footy lesson

This game reminds me of Darth Vader versus OB1 Kenobi.

Eventually the apprentice beats the Master !!!

Let's hope this is out time !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to think we're better than taking the piss out of a bloke whose season probably just ended from injury. Grow up.

I know I harp on about this twice a week but I genuinely think he's the cleanest player I've ever witnessed. It is unbelievable how quickly and easily he picks up a ground ball. Even does it at full pace in have congestion, it's just ridiculous
when most players are trying to pick up the ball Caleb is sweeping it out to Biggs or JJ

That's because he's so close to the ground :p

Caleb has elite footy skills and an elite football brain. It's just extraordinary what he is doing to be honest...

To be directly involved in 5 goals Thurs night was unbelievable

Woke this morning to find my dog had made a mess of the box of old newspapers I have for lighting my wood heater. Came across a copy of The Age from August 8th last year with a story on Caleb on page 51. First paragraph reads as such:

"An astute Bulldog sums up Caleb Daniel thus. When you're that small, you've got to have absolutely everything else. And he's got everything else."

This astute Bulldog is not named, (possibly Dal), but by Christ he is bang on the money.

I had Bontempelli, Stringer and Libba as our absolute elites. Then Macrae and potentially (hopefully!) Boyd at the next level. Daniel has pushed into that group now. Astonishing the quality we have given the draft picks we had access to.

Just watching the replay, he has an amazing ability to assess the options in a split second and pick the right one. Example: Dunkley's second goal - Caleb got the spillage from Biggs' great spoil, started running, could have/might have passed off to Dahl who was calling for it, but saw Dunkley running towards goal and kicked it to him and we know the rest. I also love how he kind of waggles the ball while he's thinking and opposition players get ready for a handball, instead he picks a target to kick to, and they are thrown off balance.

I had Bontempelli, Stringer and Libba as our absolute elites. Then Macrae and potentially (hopefully!) Boyd at the next level. Daniel has pushed into that group now. Astonishing the quality we have given the draft picks we had access to.
Murphy is elite too. Has been forgotten, but he's still one of ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back