Caleb Daniel's favourite toy

Remove this Banner Ad

Some have written that was the incident that the game turned on. But it was a television highlight, the small throwing the tall and standing over him a la the wrestling.

Some have written that was the incident that the game turned on. But it was a television highlight, the small throwing the tall and standing over him a la the wrestling.

I think Melbourne kicking seven goals from centre bounce might have had a bit more to do with the game turning than Gawn's staging and Caleb throwing him a look of disgust.

Also, delete this thread. We got beaten by 80 points.

I think Melbourne kicking seven goals from centre bounce might have had a bit more to do with the game turning than Gawn's staging and Caleb throwing him a look of disgust.

Also, delete this thread. We got beaten by 80 points.

Agree the thread has an embarrassing aspect and my post takes a position against glorifying an ineffectual incident in a game we got smashed thereafter. However, you may be confuing cause and effect. According to some, or so it is said, Caleb's white line fever moment was the cause and the centre bounce fiasco that followed shortly thereafter was the effect.

You'd have to be king of the nuffies to believe such a thing. It had as much to do with the result as what I had for breakfast in 2003.

You are so correct. There's never any incidents on the field that spark things up and perhaps change the course of a game. Go back to munching on your muesli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back