Player Watch #35 Caleb Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Height: 186cm
Weight: 80kg
D.O.B: 10-08-2004
SNAPSHOT: “A powerfully built, hard-running wingman who sweeps back and drives forward on the outside.”

Last edited:

Welcome Caleb, looks to be a genuine no nonsense winger that's accountable. Feel like we could do with another winger, probs will compete with Juzzy, Errol and dylan, hopefully he develops nicely in the 2s next year. Good frame on him too.

Only need him to turn out like Isaac smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent frame on him, hopefully as has been said, can do some inside work if need be, otherwise he's got a lot of competition for a wing spot. Might allow some shuffling of other players if he turns out well.

Two things I like about Caleb just from watching his highlights video:

1. Good mark.

2. Kicks on both feet.

He's going to have his work cut out to play senior footy but I like how we're backing him in. I think we liked that he improved so much and demonstrated such dedication in the past year.

Two things I like about Caleb just from watching his highlights video:

1. Good mark.

2. Kicks on both feet.

He's going to have his work cut out to play senior footy but I like how we're backing him in. I think we liked that he improved so much and demonstrated such dedication in the past year.

Gold!

I can tell you that the lions were into him, he’s a left footer who can kick both sides, which is rare, his father was very shocked he went so early, so the swans must be after character first which is important
He put in the effort to get himself AFL ready this year - believe me that matters to Kinnear & Dalrymple.

"We had Caleb rated a lot higher. His history is really interesting - at the start of the year he wasn't even on the radar of the Murray Bushrangers but he went to his coach and said 'I want to try and play AFL footy'," he said.

"He got himself super fit, got his 2km time trial down, shed a lot of weight and ended up playing for Vic Country. He's one of those guys who can get up and back on the wing - those guys who can compete in the air, and play that role, are invaluable."

I can tell you that the lions were into him, he’s a left footer who can kick both sides, which is rare, his father was very shocked he went so early, so the swans must be after character first which is important
Swans rate character very highly, along with development over the last year or so. They would also have liked that he played seniors in a tough league. Lots of boxes ticked along with skills and physical characteristics.
As a fan I have to say he was never on my radar but what I've seen and heard makes me quite excited.
Think how Chad Warner has developed from Pick 39!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back