Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid is the one in my opinion. I can't put a finger on it but I can see him being the best of our draftees and the one that makes an impact in his first year.
I think the last one will play the most games next year. Looked physically ready and we're so desperate for his position that he'll be in Round 1.

I hope he kicks deeper than that video highlights reel suggests. Most of his kicks he had the eyes lowered and spotted up an easy target barely 20 metres away!!!

Has a huge punch on the handball though.

Key point is he lowered his eyes...and delivered to fwds advantage.

No good bombing long when entering f50 every kick or it just gets swallowed by good defences.

Last edited:
Key point is he lowered his eyes...and delivered to fwds advantage.

No good bombing long when entering f50 every kick or it just gets swalloed by good defences.

Yes . And he didnt miss.

I just hope in his real game he doesn’t kick short almost every time like that highlights package showed. Odds are I have nothing to worry about

Yes . And he didnt miss.

I just hope in his real game he doesn’t kick short almost every time like that highlights package showed. Odds are I have nothing to worry about

For mine it depends on where on the ground he does it.

If its an entering kick to a leading fwd 30m like in the clip its a good skill to have, if its a sidewards crab kick across half back then i'd agree with you.

Wow, Poulter’s highlights footage is very eye-catching. Lots of poise & vision, clean hands and a beautiful kick. Looks like he could play seniors comparatively soon and might turn out to be the best of our draft crop. Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’d think the 2 SA lads would be ahead of the other additions in term of being 2021 ready given they've got their 2020 footy under their belts. Be interesting to see how it plays out but it wouldn’t surprise to see Poulter and McCreery debut before the others.

FWIW only 2 taller midfielders in AFL: Cripps and Bonts.

Getting Maynard vibes about this pick; ie: expected to go a lot higher and then slides out to around 30 odd.

Great height and I like the sound of a midfielder who glides around with a long left foot kick. Sounds like Pendles!

Not sure about the mullet but his highlights show good composure and repeat possessions and follow up around the contest. Plus great delivery to his forwards inside 50; a much needed quality that we need.

Welcome to Collingwood Caleb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t look to impressed, his mates were excited though.

There been some People said he told Clubs he did not want to leave SA

Nothing been Confirmed about that though

I'm hoping his reaction was due to anxiety while he waited and wondered if his name would be called out rather than a reaction of not wanting to leave SA like some have speculated.

You would hope so.

There been some People said he told Clubs he did not want to leave SA

Nothing been Confirmed about that though

I don't think his mates and family would've been so over the moon if they knew he didn't want to move.

This is from an interview in August:

CALEB POULTER, THE PERSON
FAVOURITE AFL TEAM:

“I go for Geelong and Brisbane… My family always grew up going for Geelong so I went to Geelong, then when Brisbane drafted Cam Rayner and some others a few years back I sort of liked the way they play and they have a few young blokes who’re playing a good brand of footy lately.”

“I’m happy to go anywhere. All 18 clubs have a great culture and whatnot. I don’t really care where I end up, as long as I can get on an AFL list. I don’t really have any preferences, just anywhere really.”

I don't think his mates and family would've been so over the moon if they knew he didn't want to move.

This is from an interview in August:

CALEB POULTER, THE PERSON
FAVOURITE AFL TEAM:

“I go for Geelong and Brisbane… My family always grew up going for Geelong so I went to Geelong, then when Brisbane drafted Cam Rayner and some others a few years back I sort of liked the way they play and they have a few young blokes who’re playing a good brand of footy lately.”

“I’m happy to go anywhere. All 18 clubs have a great culture and whatnot. I don’t really care where I end up, as long as I can get on an AFL list. I don’t really have any preferences, just anywhere really.”

That is good to Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Back