Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks a good sort, but didn’t he do something similar to Archie Perkins and say he didn’t wanna leave SA? If so, hopefully Brodie can take him under his wing and help him adjust.

Recruited from: WWT Eagles, SANFL / Ardrossan
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 20-40

SELECTION: #30
POSITION:
Balanced midfielder/forward
DOB:
10/12/2002
HEIGHT:
192cm
WEIGHT:
79kg

Woodville-West Torrens and Henley High prospect, Caleb Poulter is most often utilised as a midfielder who provides grunt on the inside, but also threatens to open games up with his skills on the outer. At 192cm and 79kg, he has shown he can be a formidable target either around the ground or in the forward line, which serves as another showing of his versatility. He also spent some time on the wing, further displaying his neat blend of inside and outside attributes.

STRENGTHS
  • Tackling
  • Penetrating kick
  • Presence/impact
  • Clean hands/disposal
KEY NUMBERS
  • 20m sprint: 3.06
  • Disposals: 25.2
  • Marks: 5.5
  • Inside 50: 4.8

Last edited:
Surely not?
Yeah I was listening to SEN earlier today when the Perkins thing was hot, and all the calls were giving Victorians s**t for being “soft”.. then a caller said he heard Poulter (I think), speak on SA radio or TV and he said the same thing so they were looking for the grab, but I didn’t hear it. So yeah not sure what happened there, something to do with a letter. Someone might be able to fill in the gaps, but I’m pretty sure it was him. Not sure if there’s anything to worry about though

Yeah I was listening to SEN earlier today when the Perkins thing was hot, and all the calls were giving Victorians sh*t for being “soft”.. then a caller said he heard Poulter (I think), speak on SA radio or TV and he said the same thing so they were looking for the grab, but I didn’t hear it. So yeah not sure what happened there, something to do with a letter. Someone might be able to fill in the gaps, but I’m pretty sure it was him. Not sure if there’s anything to worry about though

Hope that does not come back to Haunt us then

Hope that does not come back to Haunt us then
Yeah, hopefully. But obviously the club has backed themselves in to win him over, so fingers crossed. Again, I think it was him in question, but I’m not sure how serious it was..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, hopefully. But obviously the club has backed themselves in to win him over, so fingers crossed. Again, I think it was him in question, but I’m not sure how serious it was..

Until we hear something Official then we take it as just a Rumor

Fox phantom write up:

PICK 20: CALEB POULTER

Clubs:
Woodville-West Torrens/South Australia

Position: Midfielder

Size: 192cm/79kg

Bio: Poulter is one of the players who were able push their case in 2020, with the 18-year-old having a very impressive year in South Australia. The extra height he possesses will appeal to clubs with the 192cm midfielder gliding through the centre and averaging 25 disposals. He has a long kick and has shown he can hit the scoreboard. He tested reasonably well and looms as a player with plenty of upside for a club in the 15-30 mark.

From Cal Twomey:

AM-7326-0520-Editorial-Phantom-Form-Guide_DecemberUpdate_27.jpg

192cm/79kg
12/10/02
Woodville West Torrens/South Australia
Midfielder

Poulter has a point of difference when assessing him against other midfielders in his part of the draft, and it is his height. The Woodville-West Torrens midfielder enjoyed a consistent and productive season, averaging 25 disposals and three clearances. He can play inside and outside and is a sweeping left-foot kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back