Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
Couldn't help notice the similarities between Lachie Neale and Caleb Serong. The way they play, their size and weight but most of all their appearance.
If you take a look at their lower torsos ,their bulky thighs ,they are almost identical. Caleb has definitely been our replacement for Lachie and is tracking along beautifully.
He may yet win a Brownlow Medal.
Our other replacements may match as similar players in Johnson for Mundy and Erasmus for Fyfe.

Hope you're right, but the umps just don't like him for some reason. I thought he had a very good year but only got 5 votes. In the AFLCA votes he pulled votes 8 times, was BOG twice and second BOG twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure Serong will be valued accurately and compensated accordingly.
The question is will Bell and co be grappling with paying him overs?
If hawthorn or the like have a 5 year contract on the table worth $5m plus, does Belly hold firm and say, no we are only paying you $750k or does he give in and pay up?

The question is will Bell and co be grappling with paying him overs?
If hawthorn or the like have a 5 year contract on the table worth $5m plus, does Belly hold firm and say, no we are only paying you $750k or does he give in and pay up?
Pay him what's he's worth. He's playing for premierships, not a quick buck. The kid wants to be remembered and immortalised as an inaugural Freo Premiership player.

The best teams have a combination of salary cap management and third party agreements which allow them to retain A graders without sacrificing depth.

My hunch is we can improve our third party agreements in line with other premiership contenders, but I also suspect we currently lag in that regard. Players like Brayshaw, Serong and half a dozen others are very sponsorable and media friendly. Jackson and Darcy are going to be an absolutely magnificent combination across the AFL and could be prime ambassadors for the right sponsors.

Keeping a lid on the salaries is important.

Brayshaw will kill you with kindness. . . . . Serong will slit your throat on your birthday while eating your cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goal over the coming weeks is to use what you've said about Caleb as often as I can and about as many different people as I can credibly link it too.

I thank you. My meetings at work have become far more interesting as a result.

The best teams have a combination of salary cap management and third party agreements which allow them to retain A graders without sacrificing depth.

My hunch is we can improve our third party agreements in line with other premiership contenders, but I also suspect we currently lag in that regard. Players like Brayshaw, Serong and half a dozen others are very sponsorable and media friendly. Jackson and Darcy are going to be an absolutely magnificent combination across the AFL and could be prime ambassadors for the right sponsors.

Keeping a lid on the salaries is important.
Third party arrangements only seem flexible if you’re a big Vic club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back