Opinion Call to Arms!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just being watching again the 2013 prelim final it gave me major goosebumps yet again WE MUST be like that on friday WE MUST INTIMIDATE they must walk out and feel the cauldron WE MUST BE RABID and WE MUST BOO HODGE AND MITCHELL no fan should be allowed to go in silent like the people i sat next to 2 weekends ago

I love this idea frankly.

I won't be able to make the game unfortunately, and I was planning to be cheering and booing from my lounge room...

Now I think I might roll up to the game, stand outside the stadium and cheer along with the throng from the street.

If it improves the way Freo play - I'll do it!
This is a fantastic idea we should crowd the streets surrounding the stadium with everyone who cant get into the ground adding to the ferocity of the crowd

I may be stating the obvious here, and, if so, treat it as a reminder.

After listening to Jordan Lewis on 360 Monday night, he mentioned how ‘intimidated’ he and other team mates were by the crowd when the played West Coast last Friday. IIRC, he actually said that it was uncomfortable leaving their ‘home’ environment of the MCG to play finals. Their performance typified that of a ‘scared’ opposition.

Watching that game, I admit I felt it too. It was eerily similar to our PF against Sydney in 2013 where the noise was so deafening that even the commentators struggled to hear each other.

However, on Saturday against Sydney, I felt we (as a crowd) were a little below our best. Maybe it was the perceived unconvincing performance. Maybe we have higher expectations. Maybe all the media reports are creating a little self-doubt in our team’s ability. I don’t know, but we have lost a ‘little’ of that passion we demonstrate as a crowd. I am also responsible.

Jordan Lewis woke me up.

Playing at Subiaco, we as supporters actually have a role to play. We can influence the result. I know that the Freo community (team, administration and supporters) are still ‘dog hungry’ for the ultimate prize. We need to demonstrate it!

So this is a call to arms!

Commentators have mentioned that Subi is arguably the loudest stadium in Australia. We need to prove it. Put in the effort we expect of our players. Go hard from the first bounce. If we are up and about, make it deafening. If the opposition are getting a run on, dig deep and scream louder. The players should feel the earth move. We ARE the most passionate supporters in the comp. Hawthorn or Adelaide should be petrified to play here.

This is OUR year! Bugger the West, I want the whole bloody thing to be OURS! It’s not just up to the players. Let’s play our part and contribute like no other crowd had done before (including us in 2013). We are lucky enough to have this opportunity.

This is our duty.

Post of the year mate. It's really been a bummer this season reading both the external media tear us down as well as our own supporters nitpick and I'm a firm believer that whilst Supporters don't necessarily influence players, the club culture as a whole does which includes the entire supporter base (albeit supporters being the most minimal of influences). One thing I've learned from being a complete pessimist is that negativity tends to breed and become a self-fulfiling prophecy. It's too late in the season/premiership window to worry about what the side could be doing better or how we might not be good enough: F*** that. Freo's here now, go nuts and examine the fallout later. If we lose we'll have a whole off season to be depressed and angry, why spend any time before that being mopey?.

And for god's sake if Mitchell and Hodge aren't berated to within an fraction of deafness I'll be severely disappointed!!

Post of the year mate. It's really been a bummer this season reading both the external media tear us down as well as our own supporters nitpick and I'm a firm believer that whilst Supporters don't necessarily influence players, the club culture as a whole does which includes the entire supporter base (albeit supporters being the most minimal of influences). One thing I've learned from being a complete pessimist is that negativity tends to breed and become a self-fulfiling prophecy. It's too late in the season/premiership window to worry about what the side could be doing better or how we might not be good enough: F*** that. Freo's here now, go nuts and examine the fallout later. If we lose we'll have a whole off season to be depressed and angry, why spend any time before that being mopey?.

And for god's sake if Mitchell and Hodge aren't berated to within an fraction of deafness I'll be severely disappointed!!
Great post. Totally agree.

We need to play our small part in making sure Hawthorn are sitting in the change rooms post game wondering what the hell happened.

Last edited:
The 2013 Preliminary final was one of the best games I've ever witnessed and the atmosphere that night was amazing. Hoping for something similar this Friday night. Given what's at stake and who we are playing it should be on from the first bounce!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle Dockers
ico_verified-1407009642236.png
@freodockers
.@davemundy16 wants to see the Purple Army out freman.tl/1Qv8ojn in full force on Friday #ForTheFinals

The atmosphere is going to be immense. The general consensus on BF is for everyone to go absolutely nuts. Then I log onto Facebook and all the Fremantle Docker fan pages are saying the same with hundreds, if not thousands of people agreeing to be as loud as possible.

Mix that in with everyone buzzing over the long weekend starting and plenty of frothies. Expecting this to be a big one.

The atmosphere is going to be immense. The general consensus on BF is for everyone to go absolutely nuts. Then I log onto Facebook and all the Fremantle Docker fan pages are saying the same with hundreds, if not thousands of people agreeing to be as loud as possible.

Mix that in with everyone buzzing over the long weekend starting and plenty of frothies. Expecting this to be a big one.
Facebook pages, and Fremantle Groups trying to get the Freo chant up and going as the players run through the banner, and build from there. Going to be loud!

everywhere I look online everyone is saying freo fans need to be loud and angry this is good im trying to think how else to get the message out to our fans, we need to spread this message far and wide

everywhere I look online everyone is saying freo fans need to be loud and angry this is good im trying to think how else to get the message out to our fans, we need to spread this message far and wide

Ballas,pav and Walters are the Freo players who'll possibly produce match winning performances feeding off the home crowd energy IMO.

I'm so upset I could've been there but said I'd go to a friends birthday. I wanna see how loud we can get.

this call to arms is gaining momentum we really need to keep pushing it harder and harder we must be loud we must be passionate #oneminutechant get it trending, ive just seen it come up on my feeds, the chant is going to be the one minute to the bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back