Opinion Call to Arms!

Remove this Banner Ad

For the second Derby there was a Freo chant when West Coast ran out and it sounded pretty good. If we could drown out Hawthorns theme song when they come out with a Freo chant I think it would sound amazing.

Sent from my ZTE T82 using Tapatalk

image.jpg

How long is there between the anthem and the bounce? Never feels like a minute!

Either way from the moment the anthem finishes the chant should be going. And I hope it doesn't just stop with the bounce!

We need the chant going through play for once! Boo or cheer when required then chant again!

For the second Derby there was a Freo chant when West Coast ran out and it sounded pretty good. If we could drown out Hawthorns theme song when they come out with a Freo chant I think it would sound amazing.

This actually happened at the GF parade. Was very interesting, Freo supporters everywhere, outnumbering Hawks by 5-1 or more. Working day in Melbourne probably contributed to it.

This actually happened at the GF parade. Was very interesting, Freo supporters everywhere, outnumbering Hawks by 5-1 or more. Working day in Melbourne probably contributed to it.
Wonder how much of a flop the grand final eve public holiday they introduced this year in melbourne would be if both w.a 2 teams get into the grand final

Jordan Lewis on AFL.com

"It's pretty vivid in our memories. We were intimidated a little bit by the crowd, but I think we've learnt our lessons from that game and hopefully we prepare ourselves a little bit differently for the crowd this time.

"We've played in big games a lot in recent years. But probably the two games leading into the finals, it wasn't as big and it wasn't as vocal, so it shouldn't have come as a shock but we probably weren’t ready for it.

"We got overawed by it a little bit."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-23/hawks-wont-be-daunted-by-domain-stadium-this-time-lewis

They ain't seen nothin' yet...

Jordan Lewis on AFL.com

"It's pretty vivid in our memories. We were intimidated a little bit by the crowd, but I think we've learnt our lessons from that game and hopefully we prepare ourselves a little bit differently for the crowd this time.

"We've played in big games a lot in recent years. But probably the two games leading into the finals, it wasn't as big and it wasn't as vocal, so it shouldn't have come as a shock but we probably weren’t ready for it.

"We got overawed by it a little bit."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-23/hawks-wont-be-daunted-by-domain-stadium-this-time-lewis

They ain't seen nothin' yet...

I say we hit them with a stadium full of Ryan Crowleys...

http://media.perthnow.com.au/fe/2014/Crowley.pdf

Let's hope it not just intimidates the Hawks but the umps too. Would be a massive win to get a nice run from the umps, get every 50/50 our way and nothing to them.

Let everyone think we're ignorant and don't know the rules but if we boo a blatant free and the ump doesn't call the next 50/50 one then we've won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let it be a hostile crowd, a loud no-holds barred, writhing, intense mass of purple passion.

It looked like we were pretty subdued during the QF, nervous and not quite as rabid as expected. I think like all crowds, we tend to quiet down when the oppo team gets a run on or has momentum, but I hope we don't do that this Friday.

I was in Subi for the Rnd 20 clash vs the Hawks last year, and the same nervous energy was quite palpable, a watchful waiting, which was unleashed once we started going toe to toe late in the first quarter. We were full voice for the rest of it following.

I am hoping that we skip that collective watchful waitin and go on full attack before bounce down. Hostile. Loud. And granting no quarter.

I've heard in a number of Freo player interviews this week mentions of our vocal crowd and the strength of the Freo chant.
Sounds like a real subconscious plea to our fanbase to create as intimidating an atmosphere as possible.

I think Hawks are so used to having everything on their turf they'll boil in our cauldron of fire.

guys if anyone wants to boo the hawks as they come in off the plane, I heard this morning on tv they arrive around 1pm today
Need someone that works at the hotel they are staying at and get them to 'accidentally' set the fire alarm off at 2 and 4am Friday morning.

yeah don't know where they stay, don't think anyone would ever find out that info either and AFL would find out and kick us out of the finals, not worth it

Alcohol my friend.
I've come to talk with you again...:drunk:

I think the atmosphere was a bit lacking against the Swans owing to the early start and the nerves. The knobbers booing didn't help.

I'm sure the noise will be massive, all our do or die finals are. The 2006 final against Melbourne was the loudest game I've been at until it was surpassed by the 2010 final vs the Hawks which was then blown out of the water by the 2013 final against Sydney. Add the fact that we're underdogs, if it's close near the end expect some severe aural pain.

I've come to talk with you again...:drunk:

I think the atmosphere was a bit lacking against the Swans owing to the early start and the nerves. The knobbers booing didn't help.

I'm sure the noise will be massive, all our do or die finals are. The 2006 final against Melbourne was the loudest game I've been at until it was surpassed by the 2010 final vs the Hawks which was then blown out of the water by the 2013 final against Sydney. Add the fact that we're underdogs, if it's close near the end expect some severe aural pain.

Hopefully the boys on the field ensure the deafening noise lasts for 3 hours.

Channel 7, 9, 10 and GWN were all there! Hopefully we will get some coverage in a few of tonight's news bulletins.

Thank you for all the passionate supporters who both came along and supported through this forum.

Only constructive comments on my media debut, please.

#calltoarms

Remove this Banner Ad

Back