Call to the magpie army v Richmond

mitch237

Draftee
May 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Why is everyone avoiding the elephant in the room? Richmond, for all their faux bluster, could only manage 77,071 on ANZAC Eve. Like, where the frog was everyone? They're never going to have it this good again and they're already drifting away. When that crowd was posted everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was disappointed. F****** Richmond. As reliable as a Ford gearbox.
Not sure what your point is...
77,000 at Richmond's away game. We got 85,000 the year before when it was our home game and that was with a smaller membership base than this year.
Fact is we are the first team to play 4 games in a row with 90,000+ crowds. We have no issue drawing a big crowd and no issue playing in front of big crowds (winning all 4 games).

Gambit78

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not sure what your point is...
77,000 at Richmond's away game. We got 85,000 the year before when it was our home game and that was with a smaller membership base than this year.
Fact is we are the first team to play 4 games in a row with 90,000+ crowds. We have no issue drawing a big crowd and no issue playing in front of big crowds (winning all 4 games).
Richmond supporters only turn up to home games? F*** that's limp. And you get 85,000 last year, win the premiership, then have less people turn up this year. That's just... amazing.

mitch237

Draftee
May 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond supporters only turn up to home games? F*** that's limp. And you get 85,000 last year, win the premiership, then have less people turn up this year. That's just... amazing.
Sorry. I forgot who I was talking to! I'll spell it out for you collingwood supporters. You see, when a club has a home game, they are allocated seats for their members. Richmond can't help it if Melbourne fans don't turn up. If you were actually at the game, like I was, you would've seen Richmond had heaps more there. If it was our home game there probably would've been closer to 90,000 there. Because some people only have home game memberships and can't afford to pay $50 for tickets to all the away games.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
Funny that... since we won the our last flag both clubs have won 2 premierships...

Do you remember 1980 lol?
No I do not, born in 83. We may have only won 2, but we’ve been significant players in the finals over that same period. We rebuilt our club with no help, we did it off the back of being the biggest club in the land.
Not taking anything away from your club atm, things are working very well. Irrespective of what happens today, and tomorrow and the years after that Collingwood will always be the biggest club in Melbourne.

Gambit78

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Sorry. I forgot who I was talking to! I'll spell it out for you collingwood supporters. You see, when a club has a home game, they are allocated seats for their members. Richmond can't help it if Melbourne fans don't turn up. If you were actually at the game, like I was, you would've seen Richmond had heaps more there. If it was our home game there probably would've been closer to 90,000 there. Because some people only have home game memberships and can't afford to pay $50 for tickets to all the away games.
Yeah. Melbourne supporters. They suck the fun out of everything. Even this banter...

Good luck today.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond fans are the one banging on about how they fill up the stands with just their own supporters.

The Brisbane game & Anzac eve prove otherwise.
To be fair they're both ordinary sides. Collingwood are up and about and will be a stern test for us. That is something worth going to despite the awful timeslot.

Looking forward to a great spectacle.

welshm69

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
And you had a 30,000 crowd against GWS at the G...

Can you give me some stats between Collingwood and Richmond on average attendances over the life of the AFL? Facebook and Twitter likes and followers? The Roy Morgan poll that would be the most accurate study done on AFL supporters?

Get back to me when you find anything that Richmond has beaten Collingwood on with any consistency over the long-term.

welshm69

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmond supporters clearly missing the flow-on effects of winning a premiership and the short-term increases they're seeing in the numbers.

Were we this bad after 2010?

I don't remember being so...

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Can you give me some stats between Collingwood and Richmond on average attendances over the life of the AFL? Facebook and Twitter likes and followers? The Roy Morgan poll that would be the most accurate study done on AFL supporters?

Get back to me when you find anything that Richmond has beaten Collingwood on with any consistency over the long-term.
How about our finals record against you. I think you haven't beaten us in a final since 1937. Is that consistent enough?

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
Just wanted to lower my IQ further this morning so jumped on Ninethmonds board, for such a self absorbed bunch of dreamers reckon there is about 5-6 threads about the Pies

What is wrong with this mob that makes them so hated in amongst opposition supporters???

Sent from my Warped mind

welshm69

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Brisbane, QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we beat Richmond today they will cop it on here and so they should.

By far and above the most arrogant people you've ever come across.

I guess it must feel like a lifetime since they were good and they're making the most of it.

JJ14AU

All Australian
Oct 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wanted to lower my IQ further this morning so jumped on Ninethmonds board, for such a self absorbed bunch of dreamers reckon there is about 5-6 threads about the Pies

What is wrong with this mob that makes them so hated in amongst opposition supporters???

Sent from my Warped mind
Such a weird obsession with us given the amount of threads.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guess it must feel like a lifetime since they were good and they're making the most of it.
Geelong supporters most arrogant, Richmond are a big club so have a lot of peanuts but I wouldn’t call them arrogant

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond

And so we should cop it.

However, a lot of it is just banter. Supporters getting their frustrations out after 37 years in the wilderness. I wouldn't take it seriously. Our board is about having fun. Unfortunately it is at the oppositions expense but most of it is tongue in cheek. Just as quickly as success has turned our way, it can quickly turn the other. Those of us who are old enough know that.

Back