Not-a-cluey Callan Ward

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shock horror a bloke would get on an Internet forum and make up a rumour!! Perish the thought.

Off course he would have got offers elsewhere, the guy is a gun (and no doubt you'd still love to have him) but was he seriously thinking of leaving??

A 5 year deal suggests he was not.
Perhaps a 5 year deal suggests he needed a big counter offer from GWS before eventually signing?

I think its rich to say that OP made it up out of the blue because of Ward resigning. For all I know it could be complete bullshit, but this doesn't prove it either way. Im inclined to believe the rumour but am happy he didn't end up at Carlton either way.

Perhaps a 5 year deal suggests he needed a big counter offer from GWS before eventually signing?

I think its rich to say that OP made it up out of the blue because of Ward resigning. For all I know it could be complete bullshit, but this doesn't prove it either way. Im inclined to believe the rumour but am happy he didn't end up at Carlton either way.

No massive offer from us, we are managing our TPP which is quite a task with all the good young players.

Cal stayed because he is happy and has invested heavily into the foundations of the club.

Our record in re-signing so many talented players is admirable given the bait being waived around.

It is testimony in the strong culture that has been set and the bond between the group.

A five year deal suggests he's signed for five years, that's all.

I have no idea whether he was contemplating a move or not but his signing doesn't mean his management wasn't in contact with other teams, for one reason or another.

Nor does that rumoured contact pre-signing mean he isn't happy, settled and invested in the Giants - it's a ploy as old as time itself when it comes to player management.

I know nobody that's any good leaves Glorious Soviet Republic of GWS, but chill out.

A five year deal suggests he's signed for five years, that's all.

I have no idea whether he was contemplating a move or not but his signing doesn't mean his management wasn't in contact with other teams, for one reason or another.

Nor does that rumoured contact pre-signing mean he isn't happy, settled and invested in the Giants - it's a ploy as old as time itself when it comes to player management.

I know nobody that's any good leaves Glorious Soviet Republic of GWS, but chill out.

We did want to keep Treloar and Adams but we're pretty ok with a couple of other spuds leaving the building, one in particular.

We did want to keep Treloar and Adams but we're pretty ok with a couple of other spuds leaving the building, one in particular.

You post so much about this supposed spud though. It's like you are obsessed with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are offering Callan Ward a 6 year deal.

That is the hold up in his contract negotiations at the moment.

Still only 25 years old. Would be a catastrophe if he left the Giants. Apparently SOS is tugging at the heartstrings of coming back to Melbourne.

Source: connection to Callan, thats all i will say.

I remember the Bulldogs making a point of staying on very good terms with Ward in the hope he'd come back home after getting a winning lottery ticket from GWS. Attended the B&F after he'd announced he'd leave and was clapped after receiving an award. No hard feelings.
Be great to get him back in the Red White and Blue where he belongs.

I was referring to any club that SOS has been or is a recruiter at.
I think he has done a pretty ordinary job when you consider the draft picks he had at his disposal.
That other clubs were able to select several 'superstars' peppered amongst all of his picks tells the tale of his abilities as a talent spotter.

Disappointed Ward isn't playing for the Dogs but I don't have anything against GWS, SOS or Leon Cameron for that.

If you'd leave a club that has just played 3 Prelim Finals in your 4 years there (and is based near home), for a club that is starting out and has zero chance of finals action for several years, maybe you're just not that fussed about team success?
Thread closed.

that implies you had tony lockett at some point...

dogs would have given up any player in the history of their football club to have tony for the same duration of time as the saints

I know right! One of the all time greats and you let him walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back