CALLING ALL QUEENSLAND-BASED PAFC SUPPORTERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ya never know. But as I've mentioned in the travel thread I'm off to Melbourne for round 3, Adelaide for 4,5,6 and back to Bris for 7. I think I have that right. Naturally I'll also go to the game at Metricon. Hate the Gabba but don't mind Carrara.

Still a fair hike from Dubbo. What is it, 5-6 hours?

About 900kms ... a bit longer ... have family in Brissy/gold coast that we visit few times per year plus a new grandson up there due in June

About 900kms ... a bit longer ... have family in Brissy/gold coast that we visit few times per year plus a new grandson up there due in June
So yeah, 5-6 hours.
;)
Generally on my route to Adelaide but I've been there a bit. Clearly I'd forgotten how far it is.
I like the zoo. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Well ya never know. But as I've mentioned in the travel thread I'm off to Melbourne for round 3, Adelaide for 4,5,6 and back to Bris for 7. I think I have that right. Naturally I'll also go to the game at Metricon. Hate the Gabba but don't mind Carrara.
I've never been to the Gabba but I've been to metricon

This weekend. ..

SUPPORTER EVENTS
OPEN TRAINING
The GABBA, Vulture Street, Woolloongabba, Qld
Saturday 16 May
1.00pm Start (for approx. 20-30 minutes)

PRE-GAME EVENT
Shafston Hotel
3 Lytton Road
East Brisbane
Sunday 17 May 12 noon start
All supporters welcome, club officials in attendance, including a player and coach.

Nothing about post-game ... as its late game maybe nothing ...

This weekend. ..

SUPPORTER EVENTS
OPEN TRAINING
The GABBA, Vulture Street, Woolloongabba, Qld
Saturday 16 May
1.00pm Start (for approx. 20-30 minutes)

PRE-GAME EVENT
Shafston Hotel
3 Lytton Road
East Brisbane
Sunday 17 May 12 noon start
All supporters welcome, club officials in attendance, including a player and coach.

Nothing about post-game ... as its late game maybe nothing ...

The normal routine is all players will head back to the Shafston for a meal post match but don't expect much if any mixing. They will be in a roped off area away from the public. Sometimes one or two might head out to the supporters but most will just relax. You are right in that it being a late Sunday game they will not hang around long.

Now that is the "normal" routine. What will actually happen I cannot say. Anyway I'll be at the Shafston before and after. In fact we used to do a mini march to the oval when I was there ten years ago and expect that will be the same.

Great news! Port Adelaide plays in Queensland twice in 2016:

ROUND 19 v Lions
7:25pm, Saturday, 30 July
The Gabba

ROUND 23 V Suns
TBC, TBC, 26-28 August
Metricon Stadium

Can't really complain about getting the chance to see our boys four times in two years. I just hope we put up a better effort at the Gabba next year. That Gabba game this year was hard to watch from the stands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news! Port Adelaide plays in Queensland twice in 2016:

ROUND 19 v Lions
7:25pm, Saturday, 30 July
The Gabba

ROUND 23 V Suns
TBC, TBC, 26-28 August
Metricon Stadium

Can't really complain about getting the chance to see our boys four times in two years. I just hope we put up a better effort at the Gabba next year. That Gabba game this year was hard to watch from the stands.
Yes it was ridiculous

Can't make it to this one. Hoping to get to a few games in Adelaide, maybe Melbourne later in the year. Depends on my circumstances.
Thanks for posting. :thumbsu:

If you're going to Port v Brisbane next week ...

Rd 6
Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions
The Gabba
Sat 29 Apr 2017 , 4:35 PM

OPEN TRAINING SESSION - TBC

PRE-MATCH FUNCTION
The Shafston Hotel, 3 Lytton Rd, East Brisbane
From 4pm
Run by local QLD supporter group, Port Adelaide Power Supporters Club (Brisbane)
All members and supporters welcome
Club officials in attendance

POST-MATCH FUNCTION
The Queenslander's Room, The Gabba
Beginning at completion of the game
All members and supporters welcome
Players and club officials in attendance

The Port Adelaide Cheer Squad will be taking flags for Port fans sitting in or near the Cheer Squad. Please get them before the game and return after the game. The Cheer Squad will be in Section 15.
Buy Tickets here: http://www1.ticketmaster.com.au/bri...8D0567D&f_tmol_checkout=true&ab=m_efeat4507v1

Local fans if you are interested in joining the local Supporters Club please contact:

Port Adelaide Power Supporters Club (Brisbane)
Telephone: 0423 070 622
Email: powerqld@yahoo.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back