Calling it now - Harry will be a gun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - JJ knocked him off the footy way too easily a couple of times - but for a first game you couldn't have asked for a better performance.

Great signs and plenty to work with.

It was really noticable. There were half a dozen contests between them and JJ won every single one with strength and experience.

Doesn't bother me though, he is still a child. He found the ball a lot and used it really well, can't ask anything more from an 18 year old debutant.

Looking forward to seeing if he can back it up next year.

One thing that should really be noted is that Friday's game was one of the most bruise-free contests that I've seen in years, a perfect game in which to debut but it also makes it easy to over rate Harry's game.

He is too small.

Needs a couple more seasons in the VFL. Once clubs work out how easy he is to knock off the ball.

He whiffed on one tackling chance that was almost comical.

I think you are all jumping the gun a bit.....

I agree re the size factor. Has a long long way to go. Seems composed with the ball though. Billy hartung should take notice.

His value will be determined when there is real heat.

KOLOKOTRONIS

I remember another bloke who looked like a dead set gun... Will Langford in 2014... things change quickly, lets keep a lid on it for now.... Guy's played 1 game.

Yeah let's keep a lid on it. Probably going to get malaria anyway. And will probably break both his legs in a freak accident involving a replica of a pterodactyl at the museum.

One game, despite how good it appeared, was terrible because he might not come on and grow muscle and perform in a non-bruise-free game. Is probably going to lose us a spot in the finals getting beatenn by norm smith medallists.

Am I doing this right?

I remember another bloke who looked like a dead set gun... Will Langford in 2014... things change quickly, lets keep a lid on it for now.... Guy's played 1 game.
Your memory needs to go back to 2013 when Will played his first game .
It was comically bad, he had 3 kicks 4 handballs- had 4 clangers and gave away 4 frees.
Harry found a heap of the ball, looked incredibly composed and showed a lot of talent.
Kid will be a top player and was an absolute steal at pick 88.

It was comically bad, he had 3 kicks 4 handballs- had 4 clangers and gave away 4 frees.
Harry found a heap of the ball, looked incredibly composed and showed a lot of talent.

Not the quickest bloke out there, but knows where to run.
On first appearance - very good disposal and very good decision maker.
Not a bad first up effort.....plenty to work with.
Will be interesting to see how his body and endurance develops after a couple of preseasons

Hope you're right. Just feel its too soon to really say.

I'm calling that whoever we draft with our 3rd pick this year will be traded or go for free agency sometime during his career and whoever we draft with the pick involved will be a gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Langers was also meant to be tagging Bob Murphy that game and barely got near him.

Hodge's speech in presenting Harry with his first jumper was as bullish about his future as most in this thread

He was certainly up wasn't he.... who knows, but given how many kids struggle to step up, Harry provides a fair bit of optimism...

It scares me how good our 2016 trade/draft period could be...

Mitchell, O'Meara, Cousins, Morrison, Hanrahan...

Have seen nothing that concerns me about any of the three kids. Long way to go but no obvious flaws. Chuck in Lewis who, at the same stage looks a better prospect than KB or TO. Again, seen nothing that concerns me about Lewis. Chuck in Nash and Glass and you may end up petrified.

Harry will be a good player and was a decent pick up late in the draft, I'm just not sold on him being best 22 next year.
If he's best 22 next year, we'll have had a few injuries again, me thinks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back