Prediction Calling it now, we play finals in 2017

Call it now, do we make the finals in 2017?

• YES

Votes: 70 67.3%
  • NO

Votes: 34 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Calling it nice and early so I can bask in the glory of it next year, we are being severely underrated in being tipped for a bottom 4 finish next year.

Many people will sight the loss of Deledio as the main reason, but he hardly played in 2016 anyway. The side won't miss him next year any more than we did, and now we won't be planning for him in the side.

There are potential ready made new recruits in Nankervis, Prestia, Caddy and Yarran which all improve the best 22. We haven't really aged at all in terms of players declining with the exception of Maric who isn't best 22 anymore anyway, but will add another year of experience to guys like Rioli, Markov, Menadue, C Ellis, Short, Castagna, Vlastuin, etc.

Vickery who was a sapping, lazy presence in our forward line is gone, and it should now function a lot better without him.

We should receive a "softer" fixture too, as we finished low and the AFL will want us up again.

This poll will be open for 30 days from now, have some balls now and make your early call one way or the other, make your prediction because the rest of the AFL world doesn't rate us, and will be surprised by us in 2017.

Last edited:

Calling it nice and early so I can bask in the glory of it next year, we are being severely underrated in being tipped for a bottom 4 finish next year.

Many people will sight the loss of Deledio as the main reason, but he hardly played in 2016 anyway. The side won't miss him next year any more than we did, and now we won't be planning for him in the side.

There are potential ready made new recruits in Nankervis, Prestia, Caddy and Yarran which all improve the best 22. We haven't really aged at all in terms of players declining with the exception of Maric who isn't best 22 anymore anyway, but will add another year of experience to guys like Rioli, Markov, Menadue, C Ellis, Short, Castagna, Vlastuin, etc.

Vickery who was a sapping, lazy presence in our forward line is gone, and it should now function a lot better without him.

We should receive a "softer" fixture too, as we finished low and the AFL will want us up again.

This poll will be open for 30 days from now, for the early call, make your prediction because the rest of the AFL world doesn't rate us, and will be surprised by us in 2017.
* finals if we are just making up the numbers

This poll will be open for 30 days from now, for the early call, make your prediction because the rest of the AFL world doesn't rate us, and will be surprised by us in 2017.

I think we will get 12-16 th , i think we needed a new coach . Hope to be proved wrong though.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to change that insipid gameplan first.
The injection of some inside midfield bulk will hopefully make us much strong in the contests and allow our outside play to come back into it.

The issue is the other teams around the same mark, who has gone past us and who has fallen below.

As of right now, I have the Saints and Dees ahead of us. I still have Geelong ahead of us even though I don't expect them to make the 8, the will be around the 7-10 mark. North will be set to fall. Essendon and Fremantle also will be interesting to watch.

I have Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide below us.

Top 6 I have:

GWS
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Hawthorn

Therefore, fighting for the last 2 spots in 2017 I have 7 teams:

Geelong
St Kilda*
Melbourne
Fremantle*
Essendon
Richmond
North Melbourne

I hope we make finals, would be great to bounce back, a lot of interest how we start our first 6 rounds in 2017, hoping for a more aggressive gameplan..... need to find a way to kick some big scores however. To early to predict, but if I was to pick right now, I'd say Fremantle and the Saints make up the Top 8 and we finish 10th.

But............. WAY TOO EARLY TO TELL!

I hope I am wrong and we fly back up and snare a home Elimination final again!

We need to change that insipid gameplan first.
The injection of some inside midfield bulk will hopefully make us much strong in the contests and allow our outside play to come back into it.

The issue is the other teams around the same mark, who has gone past us and who has fallen below.

As of right now, I have the Saints and Dees ahead of us. I still have Geelong ahead of us even though I don't expect them to make the 8, the will be around the 7-10 mark. North will be set to fall. Essendon and Fremantle also will be interesting to watch.

I have Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide below us.

Top 6 I have:

GWS
Bulldogs
Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Hawthorn

Therefore, fighting for the last 2 spots in 2017 I have 7 teams:

Geelong
St Kilda*
Melbourne
Fremantle*
Essendon
Richmond
North Melbourne

I hope we make finals, would be great to bounce back, a lot of interest how we start our first 6 rounds in 2017, hoping for a more aggressive gameplan..... need to find a way to kick some big scores however. To early to predict, but if I was to pick right now, I'd say Fremantle and the Saints make up the Top 8 and we finish 10th.

But............. WAY TOO EARLY TO TELL!

I hope I am wrong and we fly back up and snare a home Elimination final again!

My top 8.

GWS
Dogs
Swans
Crows
Eagles
Hawks
Saints
cats ( will drop out if Danger gets injured )

Can't see us finishing higher than 8th tbh but with a easier draw we could potentially have a crack at top 4 if everything goes right and no injuries to important players. Perhaps Cats or Hawks drop but if so Dees are ready for finals now as are Suns/Saints/Eagles/Freo and maybe Bombers will push too. Can't see Pies/Blues/North/Port threatening the 8. Lions will face relegation and maybe Giants NEAFL team gets promoted?

Next in line for me:

Melbourne
St Kilda? (though i do think people are overrating them slightly)
Richmond
Freo

suns still no where near it

Drop offs: North, possibly Geelong

I definately think we can make the finals next year, but we need to have a strong preseason, Rutten to work some magic on our backline (which is weak apart from Rance/grimes) and a change in game style, I don't see why we cannot make it.

I don't see us finishing any lower than 10th position.

Back