Traded Callum Ah Chee [traded to Brisbane for future 2nd and future 4th round picks]

Remove this Banner Ad

You are delusional if you seriously believe that , What does brisbane do if suns say #15 or no deal ?
Brisbane have courted and made a commitment to Ah Chee and his manager and have to get this deal done they can not afford to stuff up by making him go to the draft.

Think about what happened with Prestia and Richmond , Suns wanted #6 and the Tigers wanted prestia but at a later pick like #13-#15 or prestia plus pick for #6.

Lions have locked themself's into an agreement which they must complete , Suns have nothing to lose and a pick in the late 20's/30's means nothing and worth risking
You call me delusional, yet claim that the Lions have “locked themselves into an agreement which they MUST complete”. C’mon mate, surely you are taking the pi$$?

You then follow up by saying that “ A pick in the late 20’s means nothing” You are looking a bit silly now.

Scrimshaw /Hall requested to go back home and not remain in the same state

Ah Chee doesnt want to go home he just took a dump on GC and doesnt have the right for easy access

You don't get extra draft points because he hurt your feelings mate

Ah chee shown absolutely nothing. Brisbane are smart operators and will pay accordingly. I personally wouldn't want him as he won't make it

Ah chee shown absolutely nothing. Brisbane are smart operators and will pay accordingly. I personally wouldn't want him as he won't make it
That's why I can't be bother to do a deal, waste of time, there are more important thing to do than spend time on and on for for a player that can't make it or pick 40-50 (GHS, Murdoch) .
Eg looking at other club out of contract player.

That's why I can't be bother to do a deal, waste of time, there are more important thing to do than spend time on and on for for a player that can't make it or pick 40-50 (GHS, Murdoch) .
Eg looking at other club out of contract player.
Gc are much better off looking at a fringe player from Brisbane who will be in the suns best 22 like robertson

Players from the 2017 draft picked from 25-40:
Liam Ryan, B Daniels, S Taylor, B Fritch, C Constable, J Petrucelle and throw in Worpel at pick 45. The suns wouldn’t want any of these players on their list? I dare say they would take them all in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You call me delusional, yet claim that the Lions have “locked themselves into an agreement which they MUST complete”. C’mon mate, surely you are taking the pi$$?

You then follow up by saying that “ A pick in the late 20’s means nothing” You are looking a bit silly now.
You don't get extra draft points because he hurt your feelings mate

OK what happens if Suns wont deal , What does brisbane do ?

Remember your board talking about getting Cameron for a 2nd rounder and when i said the crows will want 12 and the lions will have to pay it the same lions supporters were laughing and saying exactly what you guys are now - Welcome to go check the cameron thread ............

It will be pick #15 or #19 but if the suns are smart they will demand #15 and WILL GET IT

Remember your board talking about getting Cameron for a 2nd rounder and when i said the crows will want 12 and the lions will have to pay it the same lions supporters were laughing and saying exactly what you guys are now - Welcome to go check the cameron thread ............

It will be pick #15 or #19 but if the suns are smart they will demand #15 and WILL GET IT

Charlie Cameron was contracted

What difference does it make , He cant get to the lions unless they satisfy the suns

Uncontracted players have historically gone for less than contracted players.

Lol. A contracted Charlie Cameron has just kicked 5 in a prelim mate. Ah Chee has done what so far? You ain’t comparing apples with apples there.

Lol. A contracted Charlie Cameron has just kicked 5 in a prelim mate. Ah Chee has done what so far? You ain’t comparing apples with apples there.
Lets see what happens , I will re visit this thread after the trade and personally believe brisbane will be giving up 1 of the 2 picks you have 15/19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not buying into this crap about what he is valued and posturing between both sides.

But to suggest he's shown nothing shows you haven't watched him play.
Might have looked at his stats - which don't really reflect what he can do on a field - much the same way that Cam Rayner or Nakia Cockatoo have terrible stats.

You already walked away with nothing for Lyons mate, don’t do it to yourself again with Ah Chee. If he chooses to deal solely with the Lions, it’s even more in our favour. Is there a precedent that you are basing #15 on? Can you give an example of a comparable trade that the suns have made in the past?

Charlie Cameron for pick 12 is pretty similar. Both talented, but inconsistent.

Edit: Oh, you said the Suns, not Brisbane

Charlie Cameron for pick 12 is pretty similar. Both talented, but inconsistent.

Edit: Oh, you said the Suns, not Brisbane
I’m not doubting that Ah Chee has talent, but Charlie had shown a LOT more than Ah Chee when we traded him in. I just can’t see how the suns get a future second for Saad (who has shown a lot more than Ah Chee) and then expect a pick ~15 coming their way for a bloke who has nowhere near the amount of runs on the board than he did.

I’m not doubting that Ah Chee has talent, but Charlie had shown a LOT more than Ah Chee when we traded him in. I just can’t see how the suns get a future second for Saad (who has shown a lot more than Ah Chee) and then expect a pick ~15 coming their way for a bloke who has nowhere near the amount of runs on the board than he did.
If Brisbane want him Just get him through ND draft. Why waste time on a pick that GCS not going to use. You can use your third round pick and pick him, if Eagles, Fremantle get him before your third round bad luck then.

I just spoke to the recruitment team and they agree that Ah Chee is worth nowhere near the value of Saad or Cameron. They then asked me what I was smoking?

I will also ask you what your smoking, do you have a hotline to the Lions recruitment team lol

People keep saying this like its some sort of trumping argument when really its not. Even if the 4 years is accurate, what exactly constitutes "good coin"? 300K? 400K? And realistically how much more would it be than GC are offering? its not like its going to be 100K more per season or anything. I'm sure Saad was offered "good coin" for his 3 years with Essendon. Sure if the 4 is accurate its one year less but he was still under contract for another season and got a future second round pick.

The whole he's been offered 4 years on an uknown amount so he's automatically worth pick x seems a bit simple and ignorant of what players actually get traded for.
I didn’t say anything about what he is worth and it’s a bit rich to say I can’t use years and coin and then use them yourself in the Saad example, one might even say it’s a bit simple and ignorant to use your term.

He was offered a year at the Suns an offer he was open to until the lions offer 4 years and we will and should extract the best price we can for a former top 10 pick with his best footy ahead of him. What that price ends up being who knows

Saad is irrelevant, he’s not involved in this trade, he went home, he wasn’t a top 10 pick, he was older, Achee is not Saad.

If we are going to pick random trades as a basis for argument then I want pick 2 as that’s what we paid for a young player we promised to trade for. It’s that reasonable!!!

If Brisbane want him Just get him through ND draft. Why waste time on a pick that GCS not going to use. You can use your third round pick and pick him, if Eagles, Fremantle get him before your third round bad luck then.

How do you know GC are not going to use the pick? Simply not logical. There is no talent left in the third round?

Maybe take your glasses off then mate , There are simple reasons
1. He is not going home but simply jumping ship across the rd after suns invested a high pick and 4 years into his development
paid him good coin whilst injured.

2. Brisbane rate him highly enough to poach a required player and need to pay what he is worth

What would you need if cameron rayner wanted to go to the suns

What did you get for scrimshaw out of interest? He was a high draft pick and he was uncontracted.

What about hall? He was playing AFL footy when you traded him, what'd you get for him?

You're being very unrealistic in your expectations.
Scrimsook was contracted, we wanted him gone so moved him on same for Hall

Saad is irrelevant, he’s not involved in this trade, he went home, he wasn’t a top 10 pick, he was older, Achee is not Saad.

If we are going to pick random trades as a basis for argument then I want pick 2 as that’s what we paid for a young player we promised to trade for. It’s that reasonable!!!
I didn’t pick a random trade just for the sake of it? It’s a very relevant trade. Saad was a former GC player who most pundits would rate higher that Ah Chee. What YOU paid for another player is the irrelevant point here lol. What is relevant is how much you traded OUT a player for. Also the “wasn’t a top ten pick” argument is rubbish! It doesn’t matter where he was picked, the important thing is what that player has PRODUCED!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back