Injury Callum Brown sidelined by glandular fever

Remove this Banner Ad

Would homestly have rathered he picked up a muscle injury or a strain. Depending on how serious it is, glandular fever can * you right up.

Guess it happens to a lot of young players getting used to the work load. Hopefully has a speedy recovery!

I remember both Pendles and Broomhead had it very early on in there 1st Year.

Guess he will miss Start of the Season. I had him debuting early in the Year and know him Debuting is no Certainty

Hopefully they picked it up early because of the environment he's in. Most people don't go to the doctors until they are totally rooted then suffer for a long time.

He may only be a few weeks out of action if so.

Pendles had it in his first season if I recall correctly yet got over it pretty quickly.

Had it when i was 16. I never got back to sport the same again.

The good news it that it has been diagnosed. Some people have it years and never know.

Its becoming quite common now for young kids. I wonder if it is because their bodies are too young to deal with the rigours of training...or alternatively whether so many other kids had it historically but were never diagnosed.

He will be back on his feet shortly we hope. But i always recommend to take recovery easy because it has a habit of turning into chronic fatigue syndrome. At 18, time is on his side, so a slow recovery is best.

Had it when i was 16. I never got back to sport the same again.

The good news it that it has been diagnosed. Some people have it years and never know.

Its becoming quite common now for young kids. I wonder if it is because their bodies are too young to deal with the rigours of training...or alternatively whether so many other kids had it historically but were never diagnosed.

He will be back on his feet shortly we hope. But i always recommend to take recovery easy because it has a habit of turning into chronic fatigue syndrome. At 18, time is on his side, so a slow recovery is best.

So this year he could be Red Shirted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#sackdavoren
Should have happen long time ago. Overtraining is not the answer !!!

Bill Davorens training summed up

rhabdo.jpg

Glandular fever often hits people in their late teens which I presume is why we see so many young players affected by it.

I had it but didn't even know at the time. Hopefully Callum isn't impacted heavily.

Gets drafted starts picking up chicks, pretty standard.

He'll be fine there is no evidence that it actually contributes to chronic fatigue. It's all mental. Give him a month to get over the infection and then hammer him for the rest of the preseason.

Seems to have been picked up early so hopefully he recovers quickly and can get back into training.

Glandular fever often hits people in their late teens which I presume is why we see so many young players affected by it.

I had it but didn't even know at the time. Hopefully Callum isn't impacted heavily.

I had it and was completely fine in 2 weeks but I know some people and it had them bedridden for months, it can get quite nasty but some people can shrug it off

How did you end up finding out you had it?
Sorry to but in but I found out I had glandular the moment entire body was covered by rash because the quack doctor thought I had a throat infection and prescribed me an antibiotic that the virus turns out to be allergic to. Did I mention this was the night before I was supposed to fly to the Netherlands to start a student exchange? FML. ****ed up my energy levels for years and still think it left a mark on my immune system because now I have autoimmune issues. Bugger of a disease.

One thing that is going to happen.
Reading this thread I'll become expert on glandular fever.
Only kidding folks.

It is a nasty illness.
Get well soon young man.

Glandular fever (mononucleosis) can be the absolute pits. I contracted it at 20 and could not sit my end of year Uni exams. You feel like you have been hit upside the head with a large stick. In bed for 6 weeks and 12 months to get back up to cruising altitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back