Injury Callum Brown sidelined by glandular fever

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably the other thing to consider here is the fact that he has been diagnosed is potentially an adverse sign. Many cases go undiagnosed because they are mild and do not need to be investigated. Being diagnosed in itself associates with a more severe case and therefore a longer recovery. I am hopeful that they are maybe just a bit more proactive because they are in an elite program and so are doing the tests earlier than you would if you went along to your GP

Given I saw him do a near 3 hr session last Wed with sprinting at the end it suggests his illness is only short lived so far so he has every chance of recovering quickly.

Other point to note is the resources he has access to probably make no difference to the recovery length. There is no treatment other than treating symptoms which just make the sufferer feel better not get better quicker. The illness will run its course.
Thanks GC. Always nice to hear fact instead of speculation.
The resources bit was more a reference to getting back to full strength more so than getting over the disease.

Twilight.
Great post.
You realise the major issue with twilight (besides the acting and the story) is Edward Cullen spends all night looking at his girl.
She fancies him so it's considered romantic.
If she didn't it would be creepy.

Fine lines indeed
Worse thing about Twilight is it spawned a successful but terrible fan fiction...

Probably should take him out back just to be safe.

It's a pity we'll never see him reach his potential now.

I had GF as a younger man. My spleen fell out. I shoved it back in and carried on. Only managed to shoot 104 for the round. Was still a PB but it could have been much better.
I was going to call BS on this post because to my knowledge glandular fever didn't have any relationship with the spleen but a quick google search informed me that it can in fact cause a pain in the spleen so you must be telling the truth.
Carry on.

View attachment 331958
I've caught the Dramatitis fever - inflammation of my dramacortis - highly contagious in here - and I've now reconsidered the facts and the alternative truths and with photographic evidence can put this to rest.
Baby Brown is in all sorts of trouble. The weight loss alone!!
It seems to have done wonders for his old man. Maybe give it another week and he could be back playing seniors

I had GF as a younger man. My spleen fell out. I shoved it back in and carried on. Only managed to shoot 104 for the round. Was still a PB but it could have been much better.
Your spleen? That's nothing. My GF took out my heart and smashed it. The b!tch. ;):D

Worse thing about Twilight is it spawned a successful but terrible fan fiction...

You havent seen the horse version.

50 Shades of Hay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to hear some people on here saying they got over it in a couple of weeks.
I got it in my mid 30's and I was bed ridden for a month and then probably took me quite a few months more to get back to full strength. Obviously I didn't have access to the resources that Cal will have. I always assumed that it affected most people the same way so it is heartening to hear some people on here who recovered relatively quickly.
Oh and on a side note if your one of those people who have trouble losing weight I would strongly recommend you go out and get yourself a good dose of glandular fever. Works a treat.
Like you I had it in my 30s and literally thought I was going to die. Never been so sick in my life and couldn't lay in bed, found it better to pace back and forth in the room.
After several weeks was able to recover to the point of being tired all the time for about 3 months.
Hopefully young Browny doesn't experience this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back