Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

The bravest player I've ever seen. Fearless.

He did things sometimes that made you hold your breath just in case you might actually witness a player die on the field. Bob Rose played the same as did Des Tuddenham but Rowdy (particularly early on) was just a weedy looking kid compared to those two grown battleships! Watching Rowdy and Millane on opposing wings was like watching two warriors taking on 5-6 scared little guys. Rowdy and Pants were never beaten and often beat 2 or 3 opponents at a time. Contested ball took on new meaning when those two were anywhere near the pill.
And WW I too shed a tear when Rowdy came back on against Daniher in 1990. He'd never be allowed these days but somehow he got back out there and to see him chesting Terry Daniher (who was 6" taller and 20Kg's heavier) and showing him Collingwood would not be intimidated....you just knew we had it won, even in the third quarter!!
Gavin Brown fearless warrior, ultimate champion, modest magpie legend.

He did things sometimes that made you hold your breath just in case you might actually witness a player die on the field. Bob Rose played the same as did Des Tuddenham but Rowdy (particularly early on) was just a weedy looking kid compared to those two grown battleships! Watching Rowdy and Millane on opposing wings was like watching two warriors taking on 5-6 scared little guys. Rowdy and Pants were never beaten and often beat 2 or 3 opponents at a time. Contested ball took on new meaning when those two were anywhere near the pill.
And WW I too shed a tear when Rowdy came back on against Daniher in 1990. He'd never be allowed these days but somehow he got back out there and to see him chesting Terry Daniher (who was 6" taller and 20Kg's heavier) and showing him Collingwood would not be intimidated....you just knew we had it won, even in the third quarter!!
Gavin Brown fearless warrior, ultimate champion, modest magpie legend.
Was wonderful was Gavin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Gav. Along with Daicos, he was my favourite player. Incredible one on one. Never beaten in a contest. Similar sized player to myself only one of us had skills and bravery and the other was Gavin Brown (I wish). He stood next to him at the urinal at Bobby McGees one year after we just got knocked out of the finals. Had a brief chat. A lot of the boys were there that night including a young Nathan Buckley who got kicked out for throwing ice from one side of the room to the other aiming at his team mates.
I have high hopes for his boy, Callum, as well as Daicos's boys. Would be a dream come true to see these boys light up the MCG as their fathers once did.

Need directions to a thread for Callum Brown, I seemed to have stumbled into a thread about his old man.

Annoying that every other time it's bumped it's talking about Gav man love rather then news on Cal updates.
may be there should be a thread for reminiscing to avoid this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back