Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

The kid is only little, but gee he has a crack.
I thought he was fantastic today in and under.
Could become a poor man's Sam Mitchell.
Or a rich mans Blair...

The kid is only little, but gee he has a crack.
I thought he was fantastic today in and under.
Could become a poor man's Sam Mitchell.
And everything you hear, has the perfect attitude.
And that can only help

Not sure what's so unclear. Cal has had a good season, which I actually expected. I just think we had more pressing needs.
North also wanted him so we pulled the trigger.

The real question is for his draft pick, who else would have you got or who was available that we could have got?
Ultimately that's the only equation that needs an answer

North also wanted him so we pulled the trigger.

The real question is for his draft pick, who else would have you got or who was available that we could have got?
Ultimately that's the only equation that needs an answer
Correct. And we won't know the answer for a few more years I suspect. I just think with the shape of our list we were better off getting a KPP. Key defenders can certainly be found around that pick 35.

Either way, Brown is now a Collingwood player, so I'll back him in. Has had a good 1st season.

Correct. And we won't know the answer for a few more years I suspect. I just think with the shape of our list we were better off getting a KPP. Key defenders can certainly be found around that pick 35.

Either way, Brown is now a Collingwood player, so I'll back him in. Has had a good 1st season.
That's the time frame, the number of years to know.
Still unsure what KPP were left that we could have got.

But we'll know in a few years.
Suspect not, but.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had a great first year considering the pre season illness. Today you could see he had learned a lot from his senior experiences. He had clean hands and was one player that went 100% into every contest. Two things he's inherited from dad:
1. He doesn't lose his feet
2. He's not scared of anything
I love that he's wearing 17 as well. Lets the new Rowdy make his own way.

Couldn't see a thread on him on first couple of pages. Apologies if there is one!

Anyone else been impressed with Callum through JLT & against the Giants!?

Really cannons in to contests. Doesn't mind the scrapping in the packs. Can always count on him for pressure around the ball , love how he is coming along

He knows how to get to the ball and tackle , fumbles the ball a bit although with experience and confidence he will be a lot cleaner. Would like to see him crumb a goal a game

He knows how to get to the ball and tackle , fumbles the ball a bit although with experience and confidence he will be a lot cleaner. Would like to see him crumb a goal a game
He needs to be a lot cleaner. He fumbled a lot yesterday which limited his impact. At least gave hope that he might eventually make a half decent player.

He's got the best sidestep

I would like the kid (Brown) get another game. When he comes into the side he always improves. Was a little fumbly early in yesterdays game but his vision and ball skills are AFL quality. That deft tap yesterday releasing Varcoe (from memory) into open space was an example. I feel he should stay in the team and yes he will be up and down but he's going to be a very good little player.

Yep we have to persist with him. Shows a bit and will continue to improve with more exposure.

He only fumbled early yesterday because he was spending it before he gathered it. Experience will overcome that.

Been a good 1st year, but he really is excess to our needs. We used a reasonable pick on him purely because of his surname.
He was bid on by North first, I think we got him about right.

The surname helps but judge him in his own right as he matures, I think he will deliver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back