Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s better than I thought he was going to be. Very good awareness and vision. Still not 100% convinced but I’m turning for sure.

Very, very fumbly at times. But was better in the second half, again small improvements week on week.

Pick him over Blair, every day of the week.
That’s why I believe we are on the up. Brown now assumes the Blair role, but will do it better.
Add Murray & Stephenson as recruits who give us pace we did not have before.
Then factor in improvements from Grundy, Scharenburg, Phillips, Crocker, Aish and we are a far more even and competitive side.

He's best game last night for the club.
He took the kicking options too which i liked- particularly his ability to be really neat with his short kicks.

He's showed that he can kick and carry the ball.

He's developing well.

We just need to keep getting games into the good kids like him, Aish, Schaz, Philips and Degoey.
He has real upside and hope Tyler is cut from the same cloth.

He's best game last night for the club.
He took the kicking options too which i liked- particularly his ability to be really neat with his short kicks.
Geez I want to be on board with you there, but I thought his kicking was horrible. I was yelling at the television when he kept putting those short looping kicks up to nobody in particular.

Geez I want to be on board with you there, but I thought his kicking was horrible. I was yelling at the television when he kept putting those short looping kicks up to nobody in particular.
Haven't rewatched the game yet, but I'm with HFF, thought his kicking was pretty neat. I thought he kicked within his limitations.

It will never be his strength though. His work in congestion and his ferocity at man and ball will be his making.

Bit like his old man in that his kicking is his Achilies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hit up a couple of short options when I thought he was going to blaze which I was very happy with it.
In fact, I thought his kicking was better last night and i liked the fact he took the option rather than looking for handball all the time.

Compared to Philips, he can also make a drop punt spin properly and doesn't s**t himself when he has the ball or is under pressure.

He hit up a couple of short options when I thought he was going to blaze which I was very happy with it.
In fact, I thought his kicking was better last night and i liked the fact he took the option rather than looking for handball all the time.

Compared to Philips, he can also make a drop punt spin properly and doesn't s**t himself when he has the ball or is under pressure.
Phillips obviously has a weakness with his ball use, but I reckon it's improving. If it continues to improve, he'll become a gun with his run and game reading ability. Whenever he gets the ball in space and then kicks it 10 metres over a pretty simple target, you've got to remember that whoever we replace him with probably won't run as hard or as intelligently as Phillips and thus probably won't get that ball in space.

If only he had a bit more burst speed and agility - would make an excellent (and dangerous) pressure small forward with his work ethic. :(

Geez so many doubters here when he comes from great pedigree. Gotta stay in the side along with all the other young guys like sharenberg, Aish etc. time to look at trading both fasolo and elliot whilst there may be some worth in their injury prone bodies
Oh you mean those bodies that became injured so often in the service of the club?

Christ some people are foul :rolleyes:

Kicked more last night which was better.

Cleaner below his knees too.

Happy to keep playing him so long as he continues to take the kicking option and not always handball.

You've pinpointed the two things he needs to keep doing. Be clean below his knees. He was good on Friday night but had been poor. And to kick more. I think that is composure and he looked pretty composed for such a fresh player.

I really rated his game last night and I think he adds a unique combination of inside game, composure in traffic, defensive skills and footy nous which makes him a really interesting player for us. Oh and I like it that he always keeps his feet and stays in the hunt. Keeping your feet is an underated skill.

Solid progress.
Swings and Roundabouts with disposal but he's best 22 at the moment.
Could change as injuries abate, his apprenticeship will continue.
Stephenson though....looks a lock already.

Oh you mean those bodies that became injured so often in the service of the club?

Christ some people are foul :rolleyes:

I liked the concept of making sure that we get games into Shazza, yet trading out Eliott because his body is failing. Don't get me wrong, I want us to get games into Shaz now that he's putting his head over it and showing some intent with his ball use, but if we were in the habit of trading out players with failing bodies, he would have been gone a couple of years ago.

Coming along well.

Interesting discussion on his kicking.
I’ll look with more intent at this aspect of his repertoire.

Kind of see both sides here, he looks to the eye to be ok in kicking but also not spectacular either.
But early doors.

Ferocious isn’t he though. Love that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back